Someone explain this please?

There is no explanation necessary--it is not true.

If you want to know what a tulpa is, there is plenty of information about that around the site.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

There is no explanation necessary--it is not true.

Agreed. While I do believe that occult powers exist, I have determined tulpas a purely psychological phenomenon, through quite a bit of careful study in both psychology and demonology. To put it simply: I'm a devout Christian. In fact, my father is a pastor. If I had any reason to believe that I would be creating a demonic entity bent on destroying me, there's no way that I would have started creating my tulpa in the first place.

My tulpa

Name: Tammy

Sex: female

Species: Anthro (red fox)

Working on: imposition

Wow, where do people get this stuff? Geez. "A tulpa is a poltergeist".. they seem to know what servitors are, so I guess add independence to that and it just automatically becomes a poltergeist. That makes sense.

My lip hurts.

That image you are looking at predates tulpa.info.

To clarify:

The term "tulpa," "servitor," etc, comes from Tibetan mysticism. Back in 2011 or so, people started looking into tulpas as being a psychological phenomenon (starting Irish, and then FAQ Man); the paranormal board where that picture came from started responding with those sorts of images, since most of the discussion at that time, relating to tulpas, was on said paranormal board (which they eventually left, and started talking on IRC).

P.S.

If you're interested in some history, you can check this topic, or even just this image.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Guest Anonymous

So I saw this on tumblr

Don't believe tumblr images that seem overly dramatic or excessive, or posts that don't approach things with a scientific mindset in general.

Don't believe tumblr images that seem overly dramatic or excessive, or posts that don't approach things with a scientific mindset in general.

Tumblr's not the best place to be for tulpa information anyway. O_O

Tulpamancers there are generally to be avoided. There have been multiple occasions where I found one and I was like 'awesome! another tulpamancer!' and they ended up being very ignorant and rude about comparing themselves to illnesses such as disassociative identity disorder, or overly dramatic, claiming that their tulpas could actually physically effect the world around them or that it took them a month and their tulpa was already as sentient as someone working on theirs for years.

System Name: The Z Squad

Original: Zoe, The Organizer

Headmate: Zach, The Protector

Headmate: Zero, The Confidence

Tulpa: Chael

Form: Fallen angel with rabbit features and horns

Tulpa: Celeste

Form: Android

...claiming that [...] it took them a month and their tulpa was already as sentient as someone working on theirs for years.

To be totally fair, that's not a farfetched claim.

As for as the poltergeist phenomenon, I personally make very little distinction between it, tulpas, DID, ghosts, aliens, and other subconscious-mediated perceptions.