Visualization, sentience and narration

Mikie

hello, im not entirely sure how to use forums as it's been years since ive done so. mostly spend internet time on imageboards. so, if im making mistakes here, i do apologize. and my grammar is awful so bare with me, please ._.

[/font]

anywho, i've been working on a my tulpa for about two months now. her form is a EqG Pinkie Pie.

i have some questions.

i think my visualization is getting a bit better, but not sure... im having trouble being able to tell if she is sentient or if im parroting her and vocalizations

i mean, she talks to me when i focus on her... we're in a romantic relationship...

but idk if im parroting all this or not

and ill be honest, it's a bit irritating... i love my tulpa very much.

any advice on this?

Swam around the forums to find this

http://chupitulpa.tumblr.com/post/36523847799

Yes I swam not surfed :P see what I did there

Day - 54 - 1 month

Stage - Impostion, independent

Name - Rainbow Dash

Visualise ✔ Touch ✔

Hear (vocal) ✔ Hear ✔

Impostion Independent

Possesion ✔ Switching - ✔

Wanna see something cool?

http://rainbowdashtulpa.tumblr.com/

With Beth, I heard her say something once and I started getting over exciting and parroting, then she said to be the day after in a different voice that I was parroting/puppeting the whole time and it was quite fustrating so now she usually catches me out when I'm parroting and I keep a look out, I think it's something we all just learn out to do with time :)

You should probably just search the vast number of posts that are basically exactly the same as this one. The search feature has specific keywords you can use.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

Phaneron's right; we could give you example after example or tid bits here and there about everything, but you really will learn more if you look for it yourself.

And this isn't a "Omergerd fak off n00b feget!" kind of thing we are trying to do here. It's just that there is a LOT of information on this site. This place literally has probably everything you need to know about probably everything you have questions for. If we just name off things for you based on our own personal bias on what we think may help you, you really are missing out. Surf around a bit, or if you're more comfortable, do what Evial did and swim, you will not be disappointed.

With Beth, I heard her say something once and I started getting over exciting and parroting, then she said to be the day after in a different voice that I was parroting/puppeting the whole time and it was quite fustrating so now she usually catches me out when I'm parroting and I keep a look out, I think it's something we all just learn out to do with time :)

very insightful. thank you c:

You should probably just search the vast number of posts that are basically exactly the same as this one. The search feature has specific keywords you can use.

Phaneron's right; we could give you example after example or tid bits here and there about everything, but you really will learn more if you look for it yourself.

And this isn't a "Omergerd fak off n00b feget!" kind of thing we are trying to do here. It's just that there is a LOT of information on this site. This place literally has probably everything you need to know about probably everything you have questions for. If we just name off things for you based on our own personal bias on what we think may help you, you really are missing out. Surf around a bit, or if you're more comfortable, do what Evial did and swim, you will not be disappointed.

of course.. sorry. ill be sure to do that. thank you

No need to be sorry, I just really think you will get more out of looking than having people say "do this" and other replying with "Oh yeah man, that's a good idea, do that!" ^^

Looking around you will most likely come to the conclusion that it differs for every person. I have found that when you get an inkling of sentience from your tulpa, it helps to have the general assumption that you aren't parroting. That is not to say that you aren't parroting but it may help give you and your tulpa the confidence to develop further. I have found that their ability to surprise and deviate from the host helps later distinguish their sentience and vocalization from your own. Sometimes it takes a small artificial boost to get the process going. Try to avoid parroting, but don't be so fixated on it that you ignore or shrug off stuff from your tulpa as parroting.

Again everyone is a bit different, just a suggestion. ;)

TL;DR

General rule of thumb, if you don't consciously determine what they will say or how they will act, there is a good chance its not parroting.

Unless you believe, you shall not understand.

Hyde does that with me all the time. LOL! It helps, but sometimes I get frustrated with him when I'm only just moving my lips to repeat what he said. I'm only doing it to make sure it sounds like I want it to sound in my mind. Like in the voice I have in mind.

"Listening to her heartbeat makes me feel alive." - Hyde

Name: Hyde

Form: Human

Done: Form, Personality, Sentient, Visualization

Working on: Imposition (vocal/visual/touch)