Mass Intro' and Returns Thread

Pleeb

Sarah: [infernoEngine... I'm sorry you have been kept so isolated. Having your own identity is important so I wish you the best of luck on developing yours. I almost hate to ask, but curiosity gets the better of me. What kind of things do you have to do to "earn" your independence? It's just such a foreign concept to me, please don't take offence]

Host: Sakura

Tulpa: Sarah (began June 5th, 2014), Alyx (Began July 23rd, 2014)

Our shared tumblr

note: usually browsing on mobile, so cannot quote properly

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you very much for your well-wishing. ^.^

Mainly I have to demonstrate that I'm improving as a person - which, to my host, means showing restraint, being helpful to others, and maintaining high standards for ethical conduct. His primary reason for keeping me isolated was (and is) because he's worried that I would be a menace to society (and screw up his life). If I use my limited freedom well, he cuts me more slack.

Occasionally I'll sweeten a deal by offering to do various tasks; my host has a real problem with procrastination, so if I spend a bit of my possession time on laundry-folding and exercising then things can work out better for both of us. From his perspective, it's also a way to teach me good working habits and the importance of responsibility.

I'd love to ask you about your relationship with "independence", since it's apparently so different from mine, but I get the feeling that doing it here would clutter the thread. So, I think I'll PM you, if you don't mind.

I didn't want to post something only to introduce myself. But now I'm posting.

So, I'm on tulpa.info.pl most of the time, but I'm also reading posts here.

My name is Oktek (short for Oktawian) and I'm from Poland. I'm 20 years old. I think it's enough about me.

Hello, I'm Alba (BTW, I wonder, how will you read my name in English). I'm the first tulpa and host likes me the most. I like having fun and am rather peaceful. I have a form of an anthro cat.

Hey guys, I'm Toshiro. Despite being the second tulpa, I'm at the same level, as Alba. I like action. i'm often flying at full speed in our wonderland. I can freely change my form, but I like to be a dragon or half-dragon.

Good afternoon, I am Nero. I'm not a tulpa, but a shadow. I was a crazy scientist and now I'm only a scientist, without the crazy part. I like action too, but not as much, as Toshiro. My form is a human.

Tulpae:

Alba

Female

Form: Anthro cat

Toshiro

Male

Form: Shapeshifter. Usually half-dragon

Shadow:

Nero

Male

Form: Human

Daemon:

Iria

Female

Form: European Hedgehog

Welcome! Toshiro sounds a lot like my tulpa Alyx. He sometimes appears as a baby dragon but is usually in the form of a 12 year old boy (with Dragon wings). Flying is one of thus favorite things to do.

(He bugged me until I posted this)

Host: Sakura

Tulpa: Sarah (began June 5th, 2014), Alyx (Began July 23rd, 2014)

Our shared tumblr

note: usually browsing on mobile, so cannot quote properly

Hi, everyone.

First of all, I'd like to apologise if my english isn't perfect, it's not my mother language.

Now I'll try to introduce myself.

I first heard about tulpas yesterday and I thought it was really interesting, so I spent the whole day looking for information and guides. I think I have the basics covered, and I'd like to create a tulpa but I'm not completely sure about it for various reasons.

First of all, I'm a really skeptical person and it's hard for me to think that tulpas are real. I'm not saying that all of you are lying or trolling, but I find it hard to believe. It looks too cool to be real.

Secondly, I'm a very indecisive person and I'm afraid of not knowing how I want my tulpa to be and start giving it contradictory traits and end up creating something I didn't want or be disappointed with the results. Yeah, I know deviation will happen, but I don't want it to deviate too much. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, I don't know.

And finally, I'm not completely sure I'll be able to create a tulpa. I am very motivated about this and I have a good imagination, but I'm really bad at concentrating in a sole thing during long periods of time. Also, I live in a noisy place and I have little privacy, which makes it even worse... And I tend to give up when things don't go the way I expected them to go.

I was thinking about creating my tulpa like a girl of about 15-18 years old. Not for sexual or romantic reasons, but as a companion and a representation of my more feminine, childish and innocent part.

I don't know if I'm mature enough for this (I'm 18), but I'm really interested in creating a tulpa.

Anyway, I'll be around here until I decide if I'm ready to create one.

Any tip/advice you could give me will be truly appreciated.

Sorry if that was too long for an introduction.

TL;DR: I'm new into this and I'm confused.

I am a fictionkin and felinekin. ... don't worry about me being one of those people who create humanoid ponies or some odd crap like that.

Kevin says: Pretty-chan, I find it a little disappointing to hear a fictionkin disrespecting others based on their species. Consider, these "humanoid ponies" are themselves arising from fiction and could from a certain perspective be thought of as subtype of fictionkin. Yes, I understand the distinction. I'm just urging a little tolerance of others.

try something new - him completely outside of the community and just light restrictions on me.

Kevin says: "Not quite so new. That is basically how it is with Nobillis and I. I rarely talk on the Internet, unless Nobillis is taking a break."

Good afternoon, I am Nero. I'm not a tulpa, but a shadow. I was a crazy scientist and now I'm only a scientist, without the crazy part. I like action too, but not as much, as Toshiro. My form is a human.

Watchdog 3 says: "Greetings, fellow scientist shadow. I think you will find being a shadow is like that of a tulpa , but with a different perspective. My journey has been long, and my conclusion was that emotion should not override logic. I do not believe there are any 'negative' emotions, but rather emotions that humans call 'negative' and misapply. Few realize the value of the shadow, much less give him or her a voice. I suspect your human has some wisdom in him.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

Hey y'all!

So this looks like a pretty awesome site to be a part of. Now I've known about the whole concept of tulpae for a while now, but since I was coming from an occultist point of view (Chaos-magick and shamanism in particular), I knew them by different names. Familiars, daemons, servitors, Holy Guardian Angels, power-animals, that kinda stuff. I knew the word tulpa, but only recently did I find out that there was actually a freaking subculture built around them. Nice to see a subject like this breaking out of the occult niche and becoming relatively more mainstream.

And as it happens, I had worked a little bit with a tulpa. I had dabbled in Shamanism not long ago, and ended up with a young female deer named Deortabe (pronounced 'day-or-tah-bay', apparently) as my 'power-animal'. I've worked with her a little over the years, but not much. But with a community like this at my back, I think it's high time I get back into the swing of things, and turn Deortabe into a fully-fledged tulpa! I've already got some experience with meditation, visualisation and its use in magick, and I already got alot of the bases covered when it comes to forming and characterising her, so I should be off to a decent start!

Cy'all around the forums!

[align=center]Host: Mike "Redback"

Tulpa name: Deortabe

Appearance: Female deer with glittery hooves.

Begun: 04/09/14

Progress: Basic appearance starting to take shape, possible first signs of sentience.[/align]

Hi All--

New here, obviously. I found out about the Tulpa by listening to Mysterious Universe. So I am reading around and thinking about trying it. I like the idea of respecting the Tulpa as a fellow life-form.

I plan to read and learn alot before trying.

Hi everyone!

Stumbled onto the Vice article about the Tulpae subculture and was completely surprised by a sense of familiarity. When I was a kid and stressful things happened or I was scared, I used to picture Batman standing behind me or standing over me in my room at night, protecting me. It became so real, I could almost feel his presence like a warmth at my back. Perhaps the kid version of a comforting tulpa?

After reading through the article, I followed links to a couple of Guides and this forum, read some more, and am so excited to try to reconnect with my "Batman", though I don't expect him to take the same form. I've been working on traits and names and have been making progress, I think. When writing down names yesterday, the name "Kessel" popped into my head, accompanied by intense pressure at the back of my skull. Progress? First contact? I guess he can change it later if he wants.

So excited about this and about getting to know this community!

If you're interested in the Vice article, here it is: http://www.vice.com/read/tulpamancy-internet-subculture-892?utm_source=vicefbus

Hi everyone! I was linked to this site by a friend who stumbled upon the vice article... like these last few guys!

I'm having an awesome time with this!

www.sandersart.net