Mass Intro' and Returns Thread

Pleeb

I dunno really where to start, I'm more of a lurker than a poster usually.

I guess I'll start with myself: My name's Zack. I'm currently on my way to major in Physics and solve the mysteries of time and space. My life goals? Find other habitable planets, alien life, other universes, other dimensions, and develop and perform time travel. Currently I'm in the process of creating my first Tulpa.

I found out about this stuff about 1-2 years ago while I was dabbling with hypnosis and what effects I could fully get to work on myself, although lacking a massive amount of success beyond temporary immobilization. I tend to have big trust issues with people I don't know, which is probably where the issue lied with such. Anyways, when I originally stumbled upon this I didn't know too much what to think, in fact I think I thought it crazy the first time around (Really hypocritical of me I know). I guess what the issue was my interpretation of what I read, or misinterpretation as would probably be a more accurate, and how I thought exactly what all the FAQs and guides say isn't true: I thought it was like a forced personality disorder, or that the Tulpa would try to permanently establish domination of my physical body. That's what happens when your looking at hypnosis forums at 3 a.m in the morning trying to abuse sleep deprivation to achieve better effects of hypnosis (that and drowning in assignments you probably should have done at least a week prior, glad to see nothings changed there). So what did change my mind? Honestly, I forgot about it after the first night, it left my mind and really didn't return till about a week later when I was browsing the same forum and found it again that I soothed my precognition of it's bad intent, but that didn't mean that I was ready to take the plunge.

I tend to denote myself as a rather observant person, and as of recently I've found myself withdrawing into a shell of sorts. A constant string of failures and disorganization kind of takes the motivation out of socializing a bit, especially when all your friends are the type of people whose jokes focus around everyone's failings. Now, I'm not talking about complete deprivation of talking to people, but more of becoming a responded rather than a conversation starter that I used to be. This has led me to recently spend more time on the internet delving into my curiosities to soothe the mind, and recently led me back to looking at Tulpae. I have this belief that if something happens over and over again, it's a sign and likely should be followed. So after some thought prior, and almost a solid 72 hours of reading and research, I've decided to give it a try.

Sorry for the wall of text.

tl;dr: Hi, I'm Zack. New here. Used to be into hypnosis. Originally was freaked out by Tulpae, now not so much. SPAAAAAAACE! blah blah blah introvert blah blah blah education. Tulpa!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My age is not for you to know

My Tulpa's name is Helix, Alyss, Or Maryrose depending on her mood

I force alot so I like to believe that Helix is very advanced for only 2 months.

Hello! I'm Theicup. 26 years old. I made a tulpa without even knowing it when I was in high school, fell in love with him and after a while, let him fade. He's still present and somewhat sentient, but doesn't talk or show himself anymore. I'm now thinking about creating another tulpa. I have a husband and son, so it's going to be a challenge to find them time, but im looking forward to the challenge.

So.... 14? 13?

Perhaps it is, perhaps it isn't. Age is only a mask of judgement on the internet and I don't wish for it to lever my appearance in either direction. My question is if you are so stuck up that you had to ask a slightly unrelated and in most cases (Luckily not much for this one) an infuriating question. I come to the conclusion that you must be of such an age and that you must indeed be lashing out in order to mask your appearance, but it is completely up to you to confirm this as I do not wish to infuriate you. Either way, I do not care. I just had to make a witty insult because I currently am angered by another ordeal and this relieves me of that stress.

... Today I've been reading so much strange English words I don't hear often enough to automatically know what they mean that my head hurts... .____.

Anyways, welcome to the forums.

Iro - He/they - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system - Speaker if there's no tag

Desmond - He/him - 21st April 2014

L - He/him - 5th May 2014

Nevira - She/her - 14th December 2014

Misa - She/her - 5th December 2015

Roska - He/him - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - They/them - 13th July 2020

Asha - He/him - 13th June 2022

So.... 14? 13?

Profile says 17.

Perhaps it is, perhaps it isn't. Age is only a mask of judgement on the internet and I don't wish for it to lever my appearance in either direction. My question is if you are so stuck up that you had to ask a slightly unrelated and in most cases (Luckily not much for this one) an infuriating question. I come to the conclusion that you must be of such an age and that you must indeed be lashing out in order to mask your appearance, but it is completely up to you to confirm this as I do not wish to infuriate you. Either way, I do not care. I just had to make a witty insult because I currently am angered by another ordeal and this relieves me of that stress.

Screw you, man. jean-luc's a Cool Guy and any attack against him is an attack against the forces of Cool. You're the one who brought attention to your age, no? You shouldn't berate people for asking about something you yourself brought attention to.

This is not to say that your argument (ageism is suck) is invalid; only that you're not helping your case by throwing ad hominem attacks against someone who has done nothing to deserve your ire. On the contrary, taking offense at jean-luc's random guesses only serves to undermine your argument by revealing potential prejudices on your part (that is, that being 13 or 14 years of age is "bad").

As a general rule, ad hominem attacks don't help win people to your cause and do nothing to address the argument in question.

For the record, I've seen some 30+-year-olds acting exceedingly immature, and I've seen some very mature 13 and 14-year-olds on this very site. I prefer to judge people by their posts and actions.

Constructive post ^

When I was 12, I was made Moderator on a game due to my maturity and willingness to help anyone who asked, and was generally considered to be the most mature of the Staff all well above my age. I'm 19 now. People are generally more mature the older they are, but that literal generalization cannot be applied to individual cases with any guarantee of accuracy. That being said, age is one of the most commonly asked questions in existence, and regardless of maturity is a good rough estimate of life experience (whether or not you've necessarily learned from that experience, leading to maturity), so I wouldn't assume too much is being implied by asking.

No one will claim any specific person is immature based on age alone, but the generalization itself will remain true due to the very definition of the word mature. You don't have to attack that generalization so much as calmly show that you're an exception.

Anyway, he was just jokingly-not-jokingly guessing your age for no more reason than the people who most often hide their age are 12-14 year olds that don't want to be stereotyped. Funny how that worked out. Try doing what I did and just never bring up your own age until you turn 18. Can't expect people not to stereotype on the internet.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Profile says 17.

Screw you, man. jean-luc's a Cool Guy and any attack against him is an attack against the forces of Cool. You're the one who brought attention to your age, no? You shouldn't berate people for asking about something you yourself brought attention to.

This is not to say that your argument (ageism is suck) is invalid; only that you're not helping your case by throwing ad hominem attacks against someone who has done nothing to deserve your ire. On the contrary, taking offense at jean-luc's random guesses only serves to undermine your argument by revealing potential prejudices on your part (that is, that being 13 or 14 years of age is "bad").

As a general rule, ad hominem attacks don't help win people to your cause and do nothing to address the argument in question.

For the record, I've seen some 30+-year-olds acting exceedingly immature, and I've seen some very mature 13 and 14-year-olds on this very site. I prefer to judge people by their posts and actions.

Sorry man, didn't intend to offend you too, but it ends here. I don't wanna be banned literally like my first week because I couldn't hold my tongue (<------------ totally common problem that usually gets me kicked out of everything)

... lots of (very flattering) stuff ...

Sorry man, didn't intend to offend you ...

I was being a little taunting, even if tones don't communicate over the internet. Sorry about that. Anyway, back to intros and such.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc