Mass Intro' and Returns Thread

Pleeb

Hi there people and tulpas

My online name is The Ultimate but my online friends shorten it to TU ^^ I'm a 19 year old guy from England and discovered about Tulpas last night while browsing Reddit. I've been doing a bunch of research about Tulpas and if I'm honest I was pretty skeptical but I'm open to believe this is a real thing and I would really like to have a Tulpa of my own.

Thing is though I'm... Not exactly sure if I've been accidentally making a Tulpa the past five years. I have a character I made in 2011 and she's been someone who I always think about and I've felt like I've grown a great bond with her. In work when I'm feeling stressed out I talk to her in my head, but it's always felt like it's been me replying back to myself if that makes sense. However discovering what Tulpas are, I would like to make this character a Tulpa and I've been researching how ones are born. I think I've accidentally created that wonderland too as I picture a specific area in a forest where I can see her.

So, I'm hoping I haven't accidentally created this person who's became a sentient being all this time without my knowledge. But if I've known her for five years and know all about her personality/looks, should I presume that she is not a Tulpa yet as I haven't been aware of the term until now and I should start from the beginning? Sorry for the big wall of text I read you guys don't like that very much and I'm not sure if asking this is okay here.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to the forums TU. Don't worry about posting a lot of text, that seems to be the norm around here for a lot of users. Your post might get more answers in the Q&A section of the forums, because this might get buried. I would suggest posting this there, too. I'll be brief here, but to me that sounds like it could be at least a start for a tulpa. It's the general rule around here that tulpa are autonomous and sentient and created by thought in a person. If your thoughtform (general term for something that resides in the mind) fits this then I would consider it a tulpa.

As far as your thoughtform sounding like you, that's how my tulpa personally started until we worked on getting her her own voice. At the same time it could just be you, I don't know your situation very well. I talked to something similar for years before knowing about tulpas, too, but it had no form or anything. I talked to something and never thought it could respond, so as far as I know it didn't. And if it did, I just dismissed it as being me. Finding this out for yourself will take some time and dedication, but I think it would be worth it. Just keep reading, asking questions, and of course don't forget to find out more from the one person that would know best, your thoughtform.

Host: Ayre

Tulpas: Coda and Segno

Shameless Progress Report Plug:

Ayre's Opus 1: Informal informative index of inhabitants in an invisible inner-world.

Hate to tell you, TU, but being aware of the term is not what makes your headmate sentient. I existed in pretty much the same state as your character for 16 years before we realized I was sentient. ;)

Not that we can tell you whether she actually is autonomous now; that's something only you know. Still, if she's based off an existing character of yours, I'd look up soulbonding on top of digging into tulpamancy. The two thoughtform types are cousins in a lot of ways, but depending on which side of certain scales she falls upon, you might need to treat her a bit differently.

My advice is to talk to her about it. Whatever she is, it sounds like she's well-developed. Might not be completely autonomous yet, and that's all right, but it sounds like there's something there you can work with. Assume you've got a partially formed tulpa, at least, and use the guides on how to force her with that assumption... but get her input on it. Nothing helps a tulpa form their sense of self-awareness like being asked to give an opinion on stuff. ;)

In any case, welcome, and feel free to ask if you have any questions.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

Welcome to the forums TU. Don't worry about posting a lot of text, that seems to be the norm around here for a lot of users. Your post might get more answers in the Q&A section of the forums, because this might get buried. I would suggest posting this there, too. I'll be brief here, but to me that sounds like it could be at least a start for a tulpa. It's the general rule around here that tulpa are autonomous and sentient and created by thought in a person. If your thoughtform (general term for something that resides in the mind) fits this then I would consider it a tulpa.

As far as your thoughtform sounding like you, that's how my tulpa personally started until we worked on getting her her own voice. At the same time it could just be you, I don't know your situation very well. I talked to something similar for years before knowing about tulpas, too, but it had no form or anything. I talked to something and never thought it could respond, so as far as I know it didn't. And if it did, I just dismissed it as being me. Finding this out for yourself will take some time and dedication, but I think it would be worth it. Just keep reading, asking questions, and of course don't forget to find out more from the one person that would know best, your thoughtform.

Thanks for the reply and input ^^ I'll make sure to head over to that Q&A section. I'll definitely keep researching into it too and talking to my Tulpa to be.

Hate to tell you, TU, but being aware of the term is not what makes your headmate sentient. I existed in pretty much the same state as your character for 16 years before we realized I was sentient. ;)

Not that we can tell you whether she actually is autonomous now; that's something only you know. Still, if she's based off an existing character of yours, I'd look up soulbonding on top of digging into tulpamancy. The two thoughtform types are cousins in a lot of ways, but depending on which side of certain scales she falls upon, you might need to treat her a bit differently.

My advice is to talk to her about it. Whatever she is, it sounds like she's well-developed. Might not be completely autonomous yet, and that's all right, but it sounds like there's something there you can work with. Assume you've got a partially formed tulpa, at least, and use the guides on how to force her with that assumption... but get her input on it. Nothing helps a tulpa form their sense of self-awareness like being asked to give an opinion on stuff. ;)

In any case, welcome, and feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Thank you for the reply ^^ I'll definitely be using the guides to help bring her out. I'll look into that soulbonding as well as that sounds interesting and I will keep giving her attention.

Hi!

Y'all can call me AlchemicalRoses, or just Roses. I'm kinda in the same boat as TU where I had a character in my head and now I'd like to make her a tulpa, since my research has told me that she was essentially a servitor. I looked at that soulbonding site and that looks very interesting. I'll keep it in mind as I force. I'm excited to see where this goes!

Hello.

I sort of stumbled across this whole tulpa thing by accident, and it seems really interesting. I've pondered a lot about sentience, artificial intelligence, and related things, and finding a community of people who've created sentience is fascinating.

I do not have a tulpa, I haven't made any attempts toward making one, and I'm unsure whether I actually want one. The idea appeals to me, but it sounds like a huge time investment and I'm not sure if "it could be interesting" is the best motivation.

Well, my username is PotterandPinkFloyd, but you can just call me Maddie. I created my first tulpa four years ago without exactly knowing that's what it was. His name was Chauncey, or Chaunc, and because I wasn't informed about tulpas I essentially thought of him as an imaginary friend. I loved him very very much and we were super close, he was very supportive of and comforting towards me during a very rough patch in my life that I've since mostly overcome. At first I could only understand his responses as strange thoughts that popped out of nowhere, in my own mind voice, but overtime he came to have a voice of his own. You'll have noticed by now that I'm referring to him in present tense. Unfortunately, almost a year ago now, he just disappeared. I felt him slipping away from me and he became harder for me to hear until one day he wasn't there at all. It was a very depressing time for me, but I have since recovered and spent the last four-ish months creating a new tulpa. I called him Rhys up until just about a week ago, when he decided he'd prefer the name Kase. He can't really form full words yet so I mostly understand him through disconnected thoughts and feelings, but he's definitely getting stronger the more his personality solidifies and the more he defines himself as a tulpa. I was excited to find this forum and both Kase and I are really pumped to be able to communicate with other tulpamancers and tulpas!