Mass Intro' and Returns Thread

Pleeb

New user here. I've been researching the concept of Tulpa's for the last few days now after finding out about them when researching Lucid Dreaming. I must say I started off confused and lost when I first heard about this because it was completely new to me and I had no idea where to start doing research. Overtime though, I've read over a few guides, terms and what not, and have decided to start making my Tulpa today. I'm interested in making a Tulpa for the life long companionship (I'm an introvert by nature) as well as to have someone to always speak with throughout the day. I believe I may actually be in the beginning stages of a Tulpa already though, because there have been several times when I would be thinking something and unconsciously get questioned "why?" or some other reply as if someone in my head asked me, and then I'd respond. I didn't really think much of it. I just thought I was talking to myself, but realized most of the replies weren't being directly chosen by me. Now I'm basically here trying to either further the Tulpa I believe I have, or just create a brand new one. Anyway's, thanks for reading this introduction and I hope I continue to learn more. I'm about to go read through every single link on the "List of Guides" lol.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome aboard!

I have a feeling I may have met you on the IRC chat a few days ago ;)

I'm no expert but if you ever have questions or wanna chat, feel free to send me a PM.

Good luck on your journey!

[align=right]The songs carried on and began to grow long as the moon watched it all from above

And the old ripened berries and the juniper fairies delivered their gifts and their love.[/align]

Welcome aboard!

I have a feeling I may have met you on the IRC chat a few days ago ;)

I'm no expert but if you ever have questions or wanna chat, feel free to send me a PM.

Good luck on your journey!

Thank you (: Also, I've never been on the IRC before but I will probably start once I've finished my first tulpa.

Hello! Also, I'm gonna merge this into the new users' thread.

Thank you, I wasn't sure where exactly this would go. I'm so used to creating brand new introduction threads on other forums instead of posting in one that welcomes new users.

Ah, yeah. There are some forums like that.

Most, actually, at least in my experience. This is much cleaner and less clutter-y though.

-

Also, hi, I'm new. 

I'm not particularly sure how I got here, but I did. I was vaguely familiar with the general concept of tulpas (or thoughtforms in general, but don't ask me where I got that from, that was probably ages ago), and so I ended up doing a few days of research and reading because seeing such a relatively organized and unified approach was intriguing. Alas, I apparently can't read anything about mental gymnastics without going "well, if I were doing this, I'd do it like that"... which seems to be a pretty good way to end up with a tulpa. Who'd have thought.

At that point I pretty much just decided to keep going, because a) I'm regularly having conversations with myself anyway (in a surprisingly tulpa-like way; bouncing writing ideas back and forth and things like that), b) the baby tupper didn't seem very fond of not existing and c) I sure could use somebody to share this weird-ass brain with. Progress has been pretty surprising so far, but I think I'm going to make a progress report thread for that, to avoid hitting you all with a wall-of-text right from the start.

What else is there to say? I'm a university student (German and English Studies), I'm generally pretty easy-going and stay out of drama as much as I can. I draw, write and read a lot, I play two musical instruments (but not very well), I speak two languages fluently and am - kiiiind of - studying two more*, I'm a bit scatterbrained and not exactly organized... and I never quite know how to introduce myself. Oddly enough, I still tend to end up with long-as-heck introduction posts *side-eyes self*

Regarding my username: It's corny. Also, German. The English translation would be ~*night raven*~ (as someone who used to hang out in a lot of internet communities full of thirteen-year-olds during the late 2000's, typing that made me physically cringe), but I mostly picked it because it's also an old synonym for night owl... which is fitting, to say the least**. "Ch" is pronounced like the "ch" in the Scottish word "loch", not like a k. That would be a Nackt-Rabe***, and I genuinely do not want to know what that would look like. 

My desire to participate in online communities tends to be pretty cyclical, but going by my usual activity patterns I'm probably going to show up every few months with a slew of progress reports and new ideas at the very least... so don't be too put out if I vanish for a few weeks every now and then, it's just how I do things. I very, very, very rarely leave a community completely.

*Two-and-a-half? Italian (not exactly with a lot of gusto right now), Esperanto (if you want to count that) and Latin (grudgingly, for the second time, and very very half-assedly)

**also, the word first appeared during the Old High German language period, which is how I found it - by flipping through the OHG dictionary I never frickin need otherwise. Gotta do something with that university subject.

***naked raven. 

oh and I am also very fond of run-on sentences and footnotes. I am very very sorry.

Most, actually, at least in my experience. This is much cleaner and less clutter-y though.

-

Also, hi, I'm new. 

I'm not particularly sure how I got here, but I did. I was vaguely familiar with the general concept of tulpas (or thoughtforms in general, but don't ask me where I got that from, that was probably ages ago), and so I ended up doing a few days of research and reading because seeing such a relatively organized and unified approach was intriguing. Alas, I apparently can't read anything about mental gymnastics without going "well, if I were doing this, I'd do it like that"... which seems to be a pretty good way to end up with a tulpa. Who'd have thought.

At that point I pretty much just decided to keep going, because a) I'm regularly having conversations with myself anyway (in a surprisingly tulpa-like way; bouncing writing ideas back and forth and things like that), b) the baby tupper didn't seem very fond of not existing and c) I sure could use somebody to share this weird-ass brain with. Progress has been pretty surprising so far, but I think I'm going to make a progress report thread for that, to avoid hitting you all with a wall-of-text right from the start.

What else is there to say? I'm a university student (German and English Studies), I'm generally pretty easy-going and stay out of drama as much as I can. I draw, write and read a lot, I play two musical instruments (but not very well), I speak two languages fluently and am - kiiiind of - studying two more*, I'm a bit scatterbrained and not exactly organized... and I never quite know how to introduce myself. Oddly enough, I still tend to end up with long-as-heck introduction posts *side-eyes self*

Regarding my username: It's corny. Also, German. The English translation would be ~*night raven*~ (as someone who used to hang out in a lot of internet communities full of thirteen-year-olds during the late 2000's, typing that made me physically cringe), but I mostly picked it because it's also an old synonym for night owl... which is fitting, to say the least**. "Ch" is pronounced like the "ch" in the Scottish word "loch", not like a k. That would be a Nackt-Rabe***, and I genuinely do not want to know what that would look like. 

My desire to participate in online communities tends to be pretty cyclical, but going by my usual activity patterns I'm probably going to show up every few months with a slew of progress reports and new ideas at the very least... so don't be too put out if I vanish for a few weeks every now and then, it's just how I do things. I very, very, very rarely leave a community completely.

*Two-and-a-half? Italian (not exactly with a lot of gusto right now), Esperanto (if you want to count that) and Latin (grudgingly, for the second time, and very very half-assedly)

**also, the word first appeared during the Old High German language period, which is how I found it - by flipping through the OHG dictionary I never frickin need otherwise. Gotta do something with that university subject.

***naked raven. 

oh and I am also very fond of run-on sentences and footnotes. I am very very sorry.

Nice to meet you! You seem cool. I also come back and visit websites after a few months, which is what I've just done. The last time I was on here was in March, and I've already forgotten how to navigate this website and am overwhelmed, hahah. 

I like languages a lot also, always have, but never have the energy to actually learn a second one properly, sadly. The best I've done is learn a Japanese alphabet and roughly 50 words or something.

- Tav, he/him

[align=center]

"Love everyone, trust few, harm no one." - Bob Marley

[/align]