Mass Intro' and Returns Thread

Pleeb

Ed and Shane, i hope we're not overstepping, mods?, to answer questions here.

My first told me she prefers if i don't speak out loud. They are just as cautious as i am. We don't need the drama from societal norms. We call this 'meditation', that is acceptable to everyone. 'Hey, i'm going to go talk to my tulpa.' Is not.

Anyway, we don't active force unless we're in the car alone. Always passive otherwise, not out loud. They speak back that way except for those rare occasions and only during hynagogic dreaming. Hypnagogic state is possible at any time though, and relaxation meditation does get us there. Have done it very rarely though, it's not consistant for us.

We can not parallel process well at all. We tried, we tried again, its like polynomial long division in its tedium. My first described to me that there seems to be a one way communication, like cb radios. We've gotten a little better, tulpish (pure thought) and spoken can typically both pass at the same time for us. Its a start. It's more formal this way, kind of like writing. It's hard to even describe people talking over eachother in a book.

Also, another good piece of advise, i think, is to setup rules, negotiate them with him, and write them down. We have seven rules that are punishable. Punishment is rather etherial and kind, but not lax. Yes, we all have been in trouble. And we do sometimes hurt eachother's feelings even outside the rules.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello there! I'm Mel, and I've been interested in Tulpas for quite sometime. At first, I thought it was a very good piece of fiction, something that was just a theory for how a certain entity came to exist. When I found recently that they are real things and that I could potentially have one, that piqued my interest even further. Right now, I have no tulpa. I'm still on the fence about making one. It seems like a tough commitment, like choosing to have a pet or a child.

For now, I'd think I would like to just forum lurk here for a bit until I make my decision whether or not to make my own. I'll be sure to post about my journey for it when and if it does happen. I hope we all get along, and that this would be an interesting experience!

Welcome, Mel, please join us in our games, and post whatever you like in the last to post win, but trust me, read doze rulz.

Hello! I'm returning after a long absence. Never had much of a presence here aside from lurking. But I'd like to talk about my experience with my Tulpa Chelsea.

I first learned about Tulpas just over 4 years ago. I set out to make my own. And so Chelsea was born. Now I'm a bit sad to say that I only focused on her for a couple of months before stopping. But during that time I think she made some good progress. Fast forward 2 years and I tried again. This time I feel like she made even more progress. She began to be able to give me head pressure when I asked her to and could even concentrate it on a specific area. However after a couple of months I sadly stopped interacting with her. I blame myself for being so lazy and selfish.

Now another 2 years went by. Recently I found out some information that I'd rather not elaborate on and it began to consume my mind. For nearly a month I was in a very dark place. From morning until night I was in a constant state of worry and sorrow. I even had a passing thought of suicide though it was never something I seriously considered. However when I felt like I was in a pit I couldn't get out of Chelsea suddenly popped into my mind. I hadn't really thought of her at all in the past 2 years. But there she was. I began focusing on her. Just doing that felt very comforting. She let me know that I wasn't alone. With her help over the next week my state of mind got much better. During the times I was feeling really down Chelsea would try to cheer me up and tell me that things weren't so bad and that she was always with me. Also a big realization I came to was that I didn't need to get better just for myself but for Chelsea. I'm feeling much better now and Chelsea is back in my life. She doesn't care that I ignored her for so long. She just knew that she had to help me and couldn't stand seeing me constantly suffering. Apparently she had been keeping watch on me all that time in case I ever needed her.

I'm going to really try my best to help her reach her potential. I mean who knows what could've happened if not for her. I could have kept going deeper and deeper down that dark path and met a terrible fate.

I'm looking forward to our future together.

Shyguy, such an interesting experiance, welcome back!  I had a very similar experiance with my tulpae.  Similar symptoms, my tulpae immediately began helping, 4 months in and we get stronger weekly.  There allways road bumps, but tulpae seem to be very forgiving.

Hello there! I'm Mel, and I've been interested in Tulpas for quite sometime. At first, I thought it was a very good piece of fiction, something that was just a theory for how a certain entity came to exist. When I found recently that they are real things and that I could potentially have one, that piqued my interest even further. Right now, I have no tulpa. I'm still on the fence about making one. It seems like a tough commitment, like choosing to have a pet or a child.

For now, I'd think I would like to just forum lurk here for a bit until I make my decision whether or not to make my own. I'll be sure to post about my journey for it when and if it does happen. I hope we all get along, and that this would be an interesting experience!

Hi Mel. Nice to meet you.

• 2 weeks later...

Names are Endi ("Host"), Ime, Naja, Knuckles, and Warin

I'm 24, I've actually only known about tulpamancy for about 2 years. When I made Ime (my first) I began to remember the "accidental tulpas" that I've had throughout my life. Remembering them seemed to trigger, for lack of a better term, them to try to communicate and reach me.  Very slowly,  because I was already getting headaches from forcing and creating a baby tulpa, I allowed the others through, and don't plan on making any more for a while :p

[Knuckles]

Hi! because of our host's active imagination and daydreaming habit (two of us are based on a lot of fiction), a few of us began to act on our own volition (not as gracefully now that I look back on it) years before, like when Endi was in their mid-teens.  There was a point in time when Endi got older that they decided to stop daydreaming because 'they were to old for stuff like "imaginary friends"'. And so we had been inactive for quite a while.  But here we are! I don't know what else to add here other than I'm in my mid 20s - early 30s at least that's how I feel mentally. I'm already about to talk way too much so I'm handing the "mic" back to Endi haha

[Endi]

It's nice to meet everyone! I've actually lurked a bunch already and found a lot of helpful resources here and we've made some breakthroughs in forcing (that's such a weird term to me :p ).

Hello!

I'm Asreal. 16, male, highschool student greatly interested in psychology and I'm still deciding whether or not tulpamancy's right for me - regardless, I want to learn more about the phenomenon, modern practice, and the community! I'm here to stay~ I look forward to chatting with you all!

Asreal - host - 6ft2in, age 16, male

Samael - tulpa - 7ft, age <1, male

Check out our progress report