Mass Intro' and Returns Thread

Pleeb

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am compelled to say hi. Or I should say, Topaz wants me to say hi. I found this site yesterday. Before that, I was researching DID. Something about that resonated with me, and I went down the rabbit hole. Then I came across Tulpa and delved in. After reading up on basics, I closed my eyes and addressed my inner mind...and immediately got a response. Topaz is male, about my age, taller than I am, and is a protector. Or wants to be. Since realizing he's been there nearly all my life, my head has been feeling rather odd. I don't get actual thoughts (yet), but sensations, feelings, and just this sense of total understanding. I on the other hand am a female in her mid 30's. I suspect I'm one of the eldest people in here. Topaz is the one encouraging me to write this out, and I have to say, all this is rather foreign to me. I only came across the concept of DID a couple of weeks ago via youtube, one of those random recommendations. Something about that just stuck and I felt the need to keep researching. I don't know if I belong here, but Topaz wants to be. For a day old, he's very adamant (though I get he's insisting he's older than that). Again, it's quite odd for me. The moment I turned in to myself, he was suddenly there. There's no real words yet, but I suspect that it's going to happen really soon.

Anyone else ever have this happen like this?

Welcome! If you'd like to stick around and get involved with the community, everyone here is very warm and welcoming and I'm certain Topaz will find friends too.

Our experience isn't really very similar, but we did experience very quick development :). My Viper is only 2 weeks old, was sentient from day one and capable of 'speaking' (sending me vivid thoughts which I translate into speech in my mind voice) coherently and in full sentences within 1-2 days.

~ We are Venny, the host, and Viper, my soul! ~

Click here! Come join us on the chat!

Guest LanceReilyn

Well hello there! And no, you aren't the oldest here by a long shot. I'm in my late 30s myself, as is at least one other I know of. The birthday list that pops up at the bottom of the forum main page just might surprise you. If I had to throw out a theory, the modern concept or trend of tulpas is pretty new, but the kind of person receptive to it and able to have success isn't in any way restricted by age. Some are authors with a myriad of living characters running around their head waiting to tell their stories. Some are musicians and their muse is only a step away from taking form. Some are artists or so practiced at imagination that this just seems like a natural extension somehow, turning the mind into a pallet or breathing life into a masterpiece internally. Some have had another presence or imaginary friend for as long as they can remember and realizing that into a tulpa seems like the most natural thing in the world.

Anyway, welcome to the forums, where guides and friendly people abound. Feel free to join in the chat in the lounge thread or a more casual, fluffier version of it in the forum games "Last One to Post Wins" thread.

I highly recommend jumping right in. Take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and see how deep the rabbit-hole goes. ;)

Welcome! If you'd like to stick around and get involved with the community, everyone here is very warm and welcoming and I'm certain Topaz will find friends too.

Our experience isn't really very similar, but we did experience very quick development :). My Viper is only 2 weeks old, was sentient from day one and capable of 'speaking' (sending me vivid thoughts which I translate into speech in my mind voice) coherently and in full sentences within 1-2 days.

Thank you. I have a feeling that once this processes more, Topaz will be the one talking in here. Every time I think of him, I get this overwhelming since of relief (and immense head pressure! not migraine-like, but no easy to ignore). Like he's happy that I noticed him. And, I want to say he named himself. When I turned in, and was promptly greeted with a "finally" sensation, the name popped into my head. I read enough to not dismiss this. So anything that just comes to me, I am attributing to Topaz. I look forward to learning how to have conversations with him. I will continue to research, at looking at the guides in here and other places.

Well hello there! And no, you aren't the oldest here by a long shot. I'm in my late 30s myself, as is at least one other I know of. The birthday list that pops up at the bottom of the forum main page just might surprise you. If I had to throw out a theory, the modern concept or trend of tulpas is pretty new, but the kind of person receptive to it and able to have success isn't in any way restricted by age. Some are authors with a myriad of living characters running around their head waiting to tell their stories. Some are musicians and their muse is only a step away from taking form. Some are artists or so practiced at imagination that this just seems like a natural extension somehow, turning the mind into a pallet or breathing life into a masterpiece internally. Some have had another presence or imaginary friend for as long as they can remember and realizing that into a tulpa seems like the most natural thing in the world.

Anyway, welcome to the forums, where guides and friendly people abound. Feel free to join in the chat in the lounge thread or a more casual, fluffier version of it in the forum games "Last One to Post Wins" thread.

I highly recommend jumping right in. Take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and see how deep the rabbit-hole goes. ;)

Thank you! It's actually a relief to know there are those my age and older. I will certainly be giving this site attention (I'm getting from Topaz that he really wants to get this going). Wow it's such an odd feeling to sense something that i know isn't from me O.o. I need to figure out how to properly talk with Topaz cause I keep getting that he's older than what I think. There's this sensation from him that he's been with me since childhood. So weird. And I thank the kindness of everyone with patience as we start figuring this out.

Guest Reilyn-Alley

Hi there!

If he wants, you should let him on here to chat and interact with all of us to learn and grow and stuff. It did wonders for me. It's even pretty easy in the control panel options to link accounts so you could have yours and he could have his own. There's just something nice about having something that you can call your own. :D

Oh, and be careful about trying to self-diagnose yourself with anything. Any Psychology 101 professor will tell you that it's easy read into and project half of the DSM-5 onto yourself. But hey, if that's just what got your foot in the door here then yay! Welcome new friends!

Hi there!

If he wants, you should let him on here to chat and interact with all of us to learn and grow and stuff. It did wonders for me. It's even pretty easy in the control panel options to link accounts so you could have yours and he could have his own. There's just something nice about having something that you can call your own. :D

Oh, and be careful about trying to self-diagnose yourself with anything. Any Psychology 101 professor will tell you that it's easy read into and project half of the DSM-5 onto yourself. But hey, if that's just what got your foot in the door here then yay! Welcome new friends!

Hi! I wasn't trying to diagnose myself, I was simply fascinated. Something about it just resonated, but I never once thought it was because I had DID. And research brought me down the rabbit hole, as it tends to do. Reading about Tulpas fascinated me even more and I was eager to try. Cue my surprise when I found someone already waiting! I'm getting from him that I created him in my childhood, but I don't remember. For me, it was yesterday (Nov. 14th, 2018). I'm eager to really establish communication and see what happens. We'll probably take your advice though and create an account for him, cause I'm getting that he's not going to be forgotten about anymore. Wow my head is sore. (I suffer from migraines and this is a really different head pain). 

I'm heading to bed now, but I promise this is not the last of us.

Don't worry about whether or not you "belong" here, it's not a very exclusive club and you don't have to have a tulpa to join (though it does certainly sound like you do have a tulpa)

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Hi all,

I (we, really) used to come here a while back*, but, due to life circumstances at the time, we agreed that she would take more of a background role.

Without going into detail, lately, I have been having some problems with depression and loneliness, and, out of the blue, my old mindfriend came back to look after me (for which I am grateful).

I'm Twentysixpointtwo, and my mindfriend, tulpa, waifu and partner in crime is Rei. We're pleased to (re)meet you all.

*couldn't get back into our old account, sorry.

I talk like this while Hostie talks like this.