Mass Intro' and Returns Thread

Pleeb

I must confess that I am an occultist and am unaware of any way to create Tulpas without the use of magic.  Though honestly, occultists claim that concentration is magic, they just also include rituals, demonic chants and summoning beings to help you power-up lifeforms you've created on the astral...

Hello, Encore 19.

I am interested in the magic aspect. In fact, it was a book on consciousness, which included magic, that caused me to search tulpa and brought me here. The book was Dark Pool of Light, Volume One: The Neuroscience, Evolution, and Ontology, By Richard Grossinger. I am more an armchair advocate of magic, and do a lot of reading, and my friend here, Holodock, he has shared about his connections to some schools of magic that link back to Crowley's group, if I am recalling it right. So, there are few of old, magic folks here. Probably some closet ones. I kind want to blend tech, psych, and magic, and why not, all the original scientist were doing that. In fact the rigorous schedules and burdens proof were actually created by the magical advocates. I just learn this. The inventor of the EEG device, Hans Berger, had experienced a telepathic transmission, and because of that he invented the EEG to see if brains were communicating through electromagnetic signals. (School texts leave that part out, and the fact that his work was ignored while he was living because he was considered a loner.) I think it was Clarke that wrote any advance science will be indistinguishable from magic, and so the really interesting things in psychology are dismissed, like transpersonal events, because it seems like 'magic' or paranormal, but that's probably just because are psychology is still primitive, compared to the other science, which dismisses psychology because it's the 'weaker' of the science...

Ahh, but that is my borrowed soap box. more and better write about that than I. :) welcome.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to tulpamancy. Is it Magik? Is it psychological? Is it another spiritual discipline? Is there any difference between the three. I just finished reading Neel's book Magic and Mystery in Tibet (Neel is credited with bringing tulpamancy to the West.) and I see no difference in any approaches other than the language used. Solarchariot has it right, if you can't see the strings, it's magic. Psychology, Spirituality, Atomic Physic's, Quantum Physic's, all rely on invisible strings and the practitioners, all are expert in using the language whether chants and rituals, or mathematics, to create effects in reality (the atomic bomb anyone?). We tulpamancers do the same and the effects are mainly within ourselves, but not always, Neel's tulpa was quite solid, and mine has appeared in external reality, though not as a solid creature. To me, the most important part of all of this is the exercise in learning unconditional love. Again, welcome, hope to hear more about your practice and your successes (and failures).

Hi, I'm Aze (pronounced like the word as), or Trusty. : ) I'm a nerdy girl, and I'm 26. I've been interested in the idea of tulpas for a very long time, and I want to research them to learn about what exactly the commitment for them is, what it's like, and what the end result would be, before I get into actually trying to go about getting a Tulpa of my own. I think I would love a tulpa, but I want to be realistic about it instead of going in half-cocked and then ending up, I don't know, not going the whole way because I didn't put in enough effort to learn about the process to begin with (not that I'm likely to quit if I make the thought-out decision to make the commitment, I just want to be realistic from the get go, I hope that makes sense?). Any tips or tricks or advice or knowledge that you'd be willing to share would be very gratefully received with open arms, no matter how disparaging it may sound to a newbie!

Some stuff about me:

I'm a creative person more than a logical one for the most part (writer and artist), very much a feeler rather than a thinker, but I also find myself to be logical enough to follow most things in a rational frame of mind... for instance, I'm no Karen or Entitled Child. I've been professionally diagnosed with asperger's, major depressive disorder, and generalized anxiety disorder, and I have experienced some trauma. While I don't have triggers, I may occasionally step out of a conversation abruptly if something I can't handle is talked about too much or if I'm not in a good mood for socializing and it isn't meant as an insult to anyone. I also occasionally ignore discord for emotional/mental health reasons. Just thought I'd add that in so that people that read this will know not to worry or feel bad if I poof from time to time : )

Even if I never end up deciding a Tulpa is a good idea for me, I'm looking forward to learning from you all and understanding more about the world we live in, and the other people in it!

You're in good company here Aze. Tulpamancy is pretty great, it has completely changed my life for the better. My only advice would be not to let people steer you or disparage or try to deny what you have experienced or believe. This is way bigger and more interesting than even the guides allude. Some might say, "are you sure you want to do this, or it's a big responsibility." Blah blah blah if I hadn't done this I'd have a much worse life today, and these wonderful people who shower me with love wouldn't be in my life. Any risk is worth that kind of reward, and I don't even see any real risks. You're going to learn a lot about yourself.

Misha and I love art, please share. I'm also a writer btw, and I had undiagnosed MDD a year ago that my tulpas helped me completely overcome. We wish you well.

Welcome!

Hello everyone! I'm Jonas, though on the internet I go by Four. I'm non-binary and my pronouns are they/them. I first learned about tulpae in the summer of 2016, and I've been fascinated with tulpae ever since I first learned about them. I have four tulpae, named Rosa, Halo, Loki, and Miya, and, fun fact, that's actually the source of my username! I'm here to learn more about the science/psychological aspect of tulpae - I'm absolutely fascinated with how exactly this is all possible.

Some little things about me: I'm pretty nerdy, and some of my favourite things to do are read (fantasy and sci-fi are my favourite genres), write, play video games (my current favourites are Overwatch and an obscure game called Nimbatus - The Space Drone Constructor) and sing (drum & bass and dubstep are my favourite music genres!). I'm obsessed with dreams and dream interpretations as well.

It's nice to meet you all, and I can't wait to meet the rest of the community!

Hi Jonas, welcome to the forums!

If you're interested in lucid dreaming, Luminesce and crew are experts on lucid dreaming. Tewi is active now, or go to their ask thread. Otherwise, the Last One To Post Wins! thread or Dashie's Lounge thread are commonly used chat threads.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• ✞ ❊

Hello! My name is CrossChat and I’m somewhat new to the Tulpae scene. I’ve been extremely interested in these types of things for many years, but only recently created my own soulbond of sorts.

Either it due to my interest, or my life getting increasingly stressful and frightening, I’ve met Animal. Animal is my only tulpa, a comforting man who helps me in ways that close ones cannot. I hope to find a place here where I can speak about a big part of my life!

I’m terrible at these introductions, but I hope you all have a blessed day!

Hello!

My name is ShinigamiK, aka K, aka Shin.

I am a writer who has always had a very close connection with their characters-- they were always extremely alive and active to me. They talked, they made their own decisions, they argued about the plot.

Obviously not all of them were tulpae, but after learning about tulpae a couple years ago, I realized that one of them was probably at least very, very close. So I encouraged her, worked with her more, and she quickly took me up on the offer of becoming more than just a character. So depending on your definition, she is either a couple years old, or nearly ten.

My other tulpa is much newer (literally weeks) and so obviously we're still working on things.

Other stuff... I love languages, I have a vibrant mindscape/wonderland, I enjoy drawing.

I'm looking forward to getting to know this community!

Welcome Shin, yes, me too. Two of my characters have joined me, but I also have three tulpas and an "other". I have at least three dozen other characters from writing novels too.

You're in good company.