Mass Intro' and Returns Thread

Pleeb

Hi there! I'm Timer, and I've been lurking about the site for...I want to say a few weeks now? It's been some time, if anything. I've known about tulpas for a few years, but I didn't start seriously looking into them until recently. I have a whopping five of them, all of which are formed and vocal to some extent, with at least three or four of them being soulbonds. (I think so, anyway. I definitely have at least one.)

I'm still trying to grasp the whole thing (parroting and puppeting are my biggest fears, hoo boy) but I've no doubt I'll get somewhere now that I'm coming out of my shell.

Outside of tulpamancy, I'm an avid fiction writer with a love for anime and video games. I am also proudly autistic.

I guess that's everything.

PR Thread | Q&A Thread (Tulpas Only) | I'm on the Discord as Timer

My tulpas type in many different colors!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello,

I go by John, and I am fascinated by the concept of Tulpas. I consider myself an open-minded skeptic - I'm not 100% convinced that there is more going on than 'mundane' psychological processes, but the capacity of the human mind to use such processes to create powerful imaginative interactions is in itself interesting and impressive. So while I can't take it on faith that anyone is experiencing something more than just daydreaming (not that my opinion should matter much to them), I can't discount the times I have been working on fiction and found my characters seem to spontaneously choose actions that are radically different from what I intended. I have gotten into what felt like real (but silent) arguments with a character or two about their direction, and found words coming onto the page that didn't seem to be what I intended at all, but were still true to the characters and their motivations. At the time I thought it was just being 'in the zone' during a writing session, but having read a bit about the topic of Tulpas over the past couple of weeks, I am open to the idea that there was something more going on.

I would also consider myself to have had experiences with creating and maintaining a Tulpa and a mindscape, long before I had ever heard of such terms. I'm sure the story is similar to a lot of people's - being alone a lot as a child, I had ample time to imagine things, and what I imagined developed into a consistent and persistent world. It was initially filled with cartoon characters that I liked, doing the usual things they'd do in episodes of whatever shows I was a fan of, but as I got older and yearned for a more direct interaction, I developed my own place in that world and a companion who has at times become a source of advice when all the 'real' people around me seemed so disinterested or disconnected. I am looking forward to learning more from the community and its guides and hopefully forging a stronger, deeper relationship with what I have carried along with me for so long.

Welcome to the forums John7! Good luck!

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Hi, John! As a writer, you may be interested in this study:

Illusion of Independent Agency: Do Adult Fiction Writers Experience Their Characters as Having Minds of Their Own?

And a couple of personal accounts:

When Characters Talk, Writers Listen

When You Let Your Characters Talk to You

My own headmates are characters that came to life and joined me in this world.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

Hello! I'm a returning member with a new account bc for some reason I can't get into my old account. Didn't use it much anyways.

I'm Twi, and my tulpas are named Malveron, Lucy, Thaddius, Eli, and Toga. I've had them for about three years now (Toga/Thaddius have been around longer, but I didn't know they existed for a while). We're a pretty solid system, I can hear everyone's voices perfectly, and maybe we'll start working on imposition some day.

Welcome back. I looked up "The Adventures of Twi in Tulpaland" and found it an interesting read. You could probably get your old account back if you PM an admin.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

Hello all!

Ferrumus here. I've been lurking on these forums for about four weeks now and I just started with my second Tulpa, Leeanna. She's very much sentient by this point yet speaking is difficult to manage. She's my first intentional Tulpa. My first Tulpa wasn't. He goes by the name, Ursus.

At his inception I had felt that I was working with a spirit guide, the embodiment of a brown bear, a totem. Turns out I was narrating to a Tulpa the entire time. He's over a year old and he has been very good to me.

It is my hope that through these forums, engaging with you all and continuing to develop the Tulpas that I have I'll find my center with this process. Also, I am excited to find like minded folk here who share similar struggles and successes so that I can achieve what I thought to be impossible.

Specifically, companions for life. In both the mind and the world abound.