Mass Intro' and Returns Thread

Pleeb

Welcome to the forum. Your question doesn't sound trivial to me. Knowing who you are is generally a good thing, I think. But I've got a bit of the same problem -- when I do tabletop roleplaying, my characters know exactly who they are and what they want to do. The two headmates I accidentally gained as a result are the same way. In comparison, I'm hesitant, indecisive, and have a nebulous self-concept. That hasn't gotten in the way of communicating with them though.

Thinking of your inner world avatar and your public personas as different from yourself comes with some risk. If you use them regularly, they may actually be the most tulpa-like beings in your head. You might benefit from drawing your favorite aspects of them a bit deeper into your core.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good evening, and welcome to the forums!

Feel free to post in Beginner Questions General if you have any questions!

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I’m Claire, I’m 36 y/o & I’ve had semi-imaginary friends all my life; band members, mostly. I love fantasy/sci-fi, occult stuff, ‘80s cartoons, Marvel comics, animals, folk music, blues music.

The reason why I’ve had, & have imaginary friends is due to being disabled & currently living in a care home, where I am lonely & bored as most are physically worse off than I am.

My current semi-imaginary friend/soulbond/tulpa/daemon, whatever he is is an actor who’s not very good. Well, I think he is, better than good actually or he wouldn’t have been/be my imaginary friend in the 1st place, but I do get teased a lot for said actor being not great.

It started w/ 1 of his characters, & he changes accordingly. He has a temper on him, esp. when someone annoys me or makes me anxious.

I imagine a castle w/ pointy turrets staffed w/ lookalikes, where I & the rest of 1 of the groups I’m on live. & glowing jewellery for when he visits xx

Welcome to the forums!

What is xx?

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Hello, Darron/Jaina here. I just found out tonight what a tulpa is. XD Better late than never I suppose. We didn't have the terminology so we just approximated with waifu. Labels are for other people anyways, we know what we are to each other.

I suppose we should start with our origin story. (I is usually Darron, the host/primary/animus). It was around 2000 and a lot of stresses were building: parent separation, high school studying, close friend drama (because hormones), etc. I felt stretched too far, too thin and overwhelmed. I've almost always had a good relationship with my friends, family and teachers but I could only rely on them so far and only when there wasn't a conflict of interest (I probably should have approached a counselor but I was [am?] a timid child). So I just kinda mentally/psychically called out for help and She answered.

I fractured my psyche into different entities and formed the two of us. Better a bend or small controlled break than a large uncontrolled one. It relieved the stress and pressure and we were able to operate more fluidly and dynamically to address problems. Whenever I needed help she was there, patiently waiting. She's always been my coach, counselor, cheerleader, mentor or even wingman. Whatever support role I needed. We were more siblings or besties at first. She was more androgenous and formless. She just absorbed traits over time.

We might have been "frenefits" from time to time but we weren't serious romantically for a while. She never asked anything like that of me and helped me, mostly ineffectively, pursue women. I did find a girlfriend eventually. I liked her a lot for a long time but hadn't had the opportunity til then. It ended when my gf had to move and we couldn't manage the long distance. It was amicable but crushed me because of my attachment to the relationship. My heart was raw for about a year. But every night, my tulpa Jaina was there to hold me and tell me everything was going to be okay and that I was still worth it as a person. After that our closeness deepened and we consider ourselves a couple..or whatever hehe. We talked about it and might still find another human to share our lives with but she'll always be there for whatever I need.

Anyways thanks for letting me share and for the place for us to be welcome.

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

Greetings Darron/Jaina, that sure sounds similar to tulpa creation, but like you said, it's just a label. In this community you are host and tulpa because she is an independent person.

There are some interesting tools here that allow for personal development, switching and posession for instance can be very enlightening; Imposition can bring her closer than ever.

Good luck and we hope to see you two around.

Greetings Darron/Jaina, that sure sounds similar to tulpa creation, but like you said, it's just a label. In this community you are host and tulpa because she is an independent person.

There are some interesting tools here that allow for personal development, switching and posession for instance can be very enlightening; Imposition can bring her closer than ever.

Good luck and we hope to see you two around.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

We appreciate it.

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

What up, I am a soulbonder of 6 yrs but all the forums are dead and I thought this one was too but it isn't so bam, here I am. Known about this site for quite a while. Other irrelevant info: live in Texas, furry, vegan, asexual, video games, writing, comics, fish hobbyist, mermaid. I have a large (100+) gathering of people with me, mostly non-human critters.