Mass Intro' and Returns Thread

Pleeb

Hello! You can call me Dizzy. Last night I began the creation process of my first Tulpa, and I'm very excited for the beginning of this adventure! I hope I can learn a lot from everyone here :D

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi there,

I'm Cosh, and (obviously), I'm new. I started the creation of my first Tulpa last night, and things seem to be going pretty well already. I'm a huge skeptic, so creating him is very much a matter of overcoming my own doubt. But, so far, he seems to be very understanding of my issues, and I think he's really trying to help me in the right direction with all of this, even from the beginning. I'm very fortunate.

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

[align=center]Cosh & Adi

Our Progress Report[/align]

Guest Quidam

Hello there,

New here. Working on/with my tulpa and learning along the way. Process began a couple of weeks ago without really having a name for such a... thing.

I write. A lot. Too much probably. Sometimes characters get a little too life like, a little too easy to speak for, then stop needing me to speak for them at all. Some capture my attention and demand I twist up my stories to suit their needs. They form relationships I didn't plan, die off, come back from certain doom, and scramble every possible plan-able plot-point. They stay in the stories though. They keep their places and interact only with other figments of my imagination.

Then there was him. *glare*

He started as a faint inkling that someone new was about to erupt onto the scene. Someone who just HAD to be heard. Someone who would rip to shreds any hope of keeping in the general mood of my stories the way they were meant to be.

Where most characters come in little spurts and create themselves gradually, this jerk seemingly exploded from my imagination in a giggly, irritating heap. Who was I to ignore inspiration though?

I grabbed an index card and scrawled out a strangely specific physical description along with an endless feeling list of personality traits.

Do you remember being a little kid, and getting a toy catalog in the mail? (For us old folks who got paper mail.) Do you remember pointing at practically every toy and saying with frightful enthusiasm that THAT ONE was the one you wanted to every damned toy in said catalog?

I suppose that's how it felt. A constant influx of "That one that one that one and that one, but we mustn't forget that one, and the other one similar to that one that means the same thing but in a different color... and that one too."

I swear it took a full day to filter through all the yammering to simply write out what would normally take about an hour to coalesce.

Naming him took another painfully long chunk of time. Where I generally get a concept, grab a name, build a physical description, then a personality last, I ended up with some sort of bizzaro order that made things way more complicated than they needed to be. I knew what he looked like, but not what he would BE like. Then I knew every single damned thing he ever could possibly be like, without any sort of way to filter out the nonsense. To make matters worse he didn't have a name to tell him off with.

I tell you, I was at least excited to get to writing this ostentatious jerk-wad into my stories though. Unfortunately, after all was said and done, I had a character with more personality than anyone else I was already writing, and nowhere to put them until someone else either died off to make room, or the entire plot veered off in some wonky new direction. And so I went on and wrote what I could, all while this little nuisance poked at my imagination and intrigued the hell out of me.

From the moment he came together on that note-card, my thoughts would sort of drift to him. I would think about how he would react to situations. I would catch myself thinking, "You know... so and so would really get a kick out of this." And then I would imagine him sitting in my passenger seat and whining at my music selection. He wasn't always all up in my business, but he was more than a flimsy piece of ephemera should be.

I honestly don't even remember how I got onto reading about tulpas, but that's about when I knew I was screwed. (More of an "Oh, that's what you are..." moment.)

That was Sunday. Since then I've tried to get a little more in depth with his development, and decided that there's no reason to cram him into a story where he doesn't fit, when it's obvious (to him at least) that he's more of a ride along friend than a puppet to be controlled as such.

Right. So now that I sound like a complete nut-bag...

Hi there. :)

I'm Quidam (I guess.) The pushy little snot-rocket I keep referring to is Jaulen Herzen. I do actually adore him, we just had a rocky, though amusing start.

I know it doesn't look like I left heaping gobs of info out of this wall of text, but I really do promise I tried to keep it brief. (I'm bad at brief.) I'll go into more detail when I start a progress log.

Nice to meet everyone,

Qui

I'm Quidam (I guess.) The pushy little snot-rocket I keep referring to is Jaulen Herzen. I do actually adore him, we just had a rocky, though amusing start.

I know it doesn't look like I left heaping gobs of info out of this wall of text, but I really do promise I tried to keep it brief. (I'm bad at brief.) I'll go into more detail when I start a progress log.

Nice to meet everyone,

Qui

Welcome Quidam. Hi Jaulen Herzen. That's an interesting origin. I don't hear that sort of thing more often then about once a month. Even so, You'll have quite a bit of company here in that respect.

Have you read the study The Illusion of Independent Agency : Do Adult Fiction Writers Experience Their Characters as Having Minds of Their Own? It seems relevant to me.

Interestingly, the only time I've heard the name Quidam before was in the Japanese film of that name.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

Guest Quidam

Thanks for the link. I started going over it last night. Good stuff.

QUIDAM, French law. Some, one; somebody. This Latin word is used to express an unknown person, or one who cannot be named.

2. A quidam is usually described by the features of his face, the color of his hair, his height, his clothing, and the like in any process which may be issued against him.

... There's also a Cirque Du Soleil show by the same name.

Greetings.

I'm Mel, I've got recently into this tulpa-thingy through /mlp/, and got curious. I was lurking around the site for quite a while now, reading all sorts of guides, tips and other things (starting with how to destroy one... I'm a bit scared she might find that out once she is developed).

My tulpa is (going to be) Martina, an old ex-imaginary friend of mine who is now my OC. I plan on "upgrading" her since she is someone I know I can rely on in long-terms.

I can't wait to jump into this rabbit hole.

Hi! You can call me Sable. I'm in the process of choosing a new name for myself, so it may or may not change at some point. But that's the name I'm leaning towards at the moment, so I'll use it.

I'm a writer, and I've been creating a certain world for the past ten years. Apparently that's enough character development time to accidentally spawn three tulpas. Because I am writing a book about this world, I will not share the actual names of my tulpas, but I will call them by other nicknames/aliases.

I met the first one, who is technically my brother in that world, when I started breaking down in the car, and he just showed up to comfort me. His name is Inak. He's aggressive and way overprotective of me.

Not long afterwards, my husband in that world showed up. His name is Heron, and he is very kind and graceful.

Ever since they first showed up, they've been with me. They tend to come around whenever I get stressed or upset. They are always extremely supportive of me. I find it interesting what knowledge we share and what we don't. Inak has more than once corrected my pronunciation of one of the languages from my world. He knows how to work an iPod (we've done something that was in between possession and switching before) but doesn't get Star Wars references. I also find it fascinating to see what they think about my life here. Heron loves my boyfriend and thinks he's good for me, but Inak doesn't think he's a good match for me. I'm trying to learn all I can about tulpas in the meantime, so that I can better understand and help them develop.

Hi, new user and new to tulpas in general (kind of, i'll explain later). For all intents and purposes, my name here will be Hamud, as it's a common internet alias of mine. I first got into tulpas about a week ago, and i've been completely infatuated.

I've always had little universes in my head, stories that i've never told and all that, but i've never thought about one of them actually coming to life. The thought of a tulpa greatly intrigues me, as i've always wanted a companion that would shove me into my stories so I wouldn't procrastinate writing them. Plus, they could act as a sort of muse, someone to talk to to get my creative juices flowing. However, while I do want to make a tulpa, i'm not really sure whether I should or not, considering it takes a rather long commitment, and I have a scrambled, ADD riddled mind that might interfere with the process. So, i'm going to slink around these forums and see if anyone else has a similar problem, and find out whether I should make one.

:I

[Hamud, my name is Heron, and I belong to Sable. Sable has ADHD, and it has never been an issue. Though since they never worked at it, it might be different for you if you have to.]

Hello beautiful people, /tg/ was kind enough to bring tulpas to my attention and since then I'v been fascinated with the idea of creating an alternate consciousness in one's' head. I could also use one to help sort through some personal issues of mine.

I've been lurking here for a few days, we'll see how long I last here.