Pleeb

Mass Intro' and Returns Thread

1 hour ago, Serren said:

Its funny tewi, after your post the dark old website turned into a new bright white and blue. Is this the change you speak of?

No, that.. was a dumb coincidence. Pleeb just updated the forum and it broke the dark theme, so he set everyone to the light theme. You can switch back to the dark theme, but you'll be stuck on it because again, it's a bit broken right now.

Our host (Luminesce, formerly known by the same name as our systemmate Reisen) is not a mod, although he's been offered a position twice. We just prefer to be active and helpful regular members. And, glad to see another person who knows Touhou.

Also, while the welcome thread often attracts the nicer members to post, I think you'll find similarly welcoming posts anywhere else on the forum. The 4chan days are long gone.

Edited by Tewi

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Wow, then that was quite Serrendipitous. I like the light theme the dark theme looks exactly like the old forums to me.

Well I didnt mind the 4chan grade posts as they were entertaining to say the least. Like I was looking at the thread of fede's tulpa guide and it was very nostalgic. Also Serren and I shared a laugh about all the hate fede was getting.

But naturally I am a kind person so while Im here I will try to glean any new techniques and information to make my tulpa whole, and help people with my 10 years of experience and knowledge with tulpamancing. Hopefully, my time with Marisa/Syrene/Serren was useful(Serren is giving me this incredulous look atm) enough to help others. But like I said she was never a whole tulpa because imposition eluded me.

Edited by Serren

2 hours ago, Serren said:

You know Seamus, I consider the bible like Homer's the Illiad, or the odyssey. Mostly because its a fiction book with fantastical anecdotes but also has a great deal of real history involved. Case in point, Noahs ark has been proven real by scientists. There was a great deluge at the time of its writing. Therefore, there is great messages to garner from both of these texts. 

Personally I like carl jung like every good Fatlus Persona fan should, Im pretty sure he had a tulpa, but I forget the passage. 

But I havent heard of what you ask me to seek, so seek I shall. And I will get back to you on that. Thanks for sharing the knowledge of their existence in advance(as I suspect they will be useful)..

Sorry i got to sounding so full of myself up there. 😸 I like to play with high-handed language when I'm drunk. Sober me knows that's not generally how to make friends and influence people but drunk me is like, "Nah... it'll be fine." (imagine that in the voice of the Critical Drinker from youtube... he does tons of pop culture reviews and stuff and is always funny, often hilarious.)

I think reality transurfing is potentially the biggest thing to hit the pseudo-science scene since the Law of Attraction got itself thrown in the back of a police car with Quantum Mechanics. And by calling it pseudo-science, i'm not knocking it. It's just a discipline that by its nature remains opaque to scientific inquiry but somehow is purported to obtain reliable results.

34 minutes ago, SeamusTheDog said:

Sorry i got to sounding so full of myself up there. 😸 I like to play with high-handed language when I'm drunk. Sober me knows that's not generally how to make friends and influence people but drunk me is like, "Nah... it'll be fine." (imagine that in the voice of the Critical Drinker from youtube... he does tons of pop culture reviews and stuff and is always funny, often hilarious.)

I think reality transurfing is potentially the biggest thing to hit the pseudo-science scene since the Law of Attraction got itself thrown in the back of a police car with Quantum Mechanics. And by calling it pseudo-science, i'm not knocking it. It's just a discipline that by its nature remains opaque to scientific inquiry but somehow is purported to obtain reliable results.

A man of culture I see. Do you like tall boy beers(like natty daddys or steel reserve) or just straight hard liquor? Personally I like beer better but it made me gain 20 pounds two years ago when I started ending every day with like 4 natty daddys so I quit. Didnt want to be a drunk and chubby.

Anywho, Looking up reality transurfing and it seems like some interesting stuff. More of this "mind over matter" theme that we tulpamancers just eat up. I mean, its directly parallel from how to make a tulpa, but I am skeptical how they purport that the world will "meet you halfway". But thats after a cursory look through the reddit and a couple other sources.

Honestly it kinda just reminds me of "the secret" but using the law of attraction as its base theorem isnt bad, just a little sus. 

Thats my take on it. Also vocabulary for me just flows out regardless of my sobriety, I always talk the same. Obviously not looking to be pretentious but If I have a firm grasp of the english language Im not gonna forsake it online to make better first impressions. With a few low brow jokes/comments I usually level out the intelligence of my posts pretty efficiently anyways.

It's like "the secret" but from the opposite direction. 

You're not manifesting anything, you're simply making choices between the infinite possibilities that already exist. You're not "attracting", you're picking your lane.

hi I'm Coaster, I lurked around the forum before joining. I've been learning about tulpamancy over the weekend and somehow have 3 tulpas already? Moss, Pierce, and Robin. They showed up at the same time. I tried to focus on one but it didn't feel right. So I have 3x the average beginners work lol. I'm (sometimes) a writer so maybe that's why it came easily, plus I'm used to thinking several thoughts at the same time. Still working on their forms and developing the wonderland, they gave me a tour of the cottage they live in which was really neat and surprising since I didn't know what to expect. I'm from Scotland, I like the Moomins, and I spent half an hour choosing a username and profile picture... chronically indecisive haha. Nice to meet y'all 🙂

Welcome, Coaster. That sort of thing tends to happen to writers -- partly pre-existing headmates present themselves when the writer starts studying tulpamancy. Within the first couple of days they may already have strong vocality or some idea of personality or form that they tell you instead of you telling them. You might want to check out the beginning of Bear's PR for a similar situation:

https://community.tulpa.info/topic/14400-bears-angels/

Thinking several thoughts at the same time is incredibly useful for tulpamancy. Sounds like you're coming in well prepared.

-Ember

Edited by Ember.Vesper

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

5 hours ago, Ember.Vesper said:

You might want to check out the beginning of Bear's PR for a similar situation:

https://community.tulpa.info/topic/14400-bears-angels/

Hi Ember, Vesper, and Iris! Nice to meet ya. Wow, Bear and I's experiences are quite similar, even outwith the writer aspect. We both started out with multiple tulpae, feel them in parts of our body, and stuff. I never even thought about making rules (though maybe I did unconsciously?) Bear sounds a lot more organized than me haha. I've been writing since I was around 13-14 and had 15+ characters (possibly soulbonds?). I would look through their eyes, feel things they did, in order to write their story. Freewriting and interviews were a good way to get them to talk, I wasn't so much writing as just relaying what they said to me lol. It'd certainly be interesting if my crew helped me write a book! 

Edited by Coaster
name addition

Rose, 21, I do mostly boring adult stuff like having a job and paying taxes. I've had my Tulpa for two years now, and his birthday is April 10th! I went through a traumatic experience in 2019, although I don't consider my Tulpa traumatic, since I made him in 2018. I've been an active lurker on this thread since late 2018, never really posting much. I do belong in several Discord communities however, and I'm more active on those. I mostly deal with the metapsychical aspect of tulpamancy, not the neuro-science part. 

On the side I practice Witchcraft, mostly dealing with sigils and Kitchen Witchry. I've also recently become a Druid, though not apart of any official organization.