Tulpa Creation Toolkit

ThunderClap

I question the usefulness of such a program. Personally, I've never felt I was lacking anything during creation that a program could provide. The few things that I could imagine would be nice to have in a program could be easily replicated by a folder on my desktop. Maybe a program that could help guide people would be an interesting idea, though that's just an idea and not a particularly easy one to follow up on.

But by all means, go ahead and make the toolkit. There's never any harm in trying.

I understand what you are saying. The philosophy behind to project is to provide that information in a more organized fashion, and to easily allow the user to input said information, having it categorized automatically inside of the program.

My guide on tulpa creation

Please consider making a private grant to tulpa.info to keep the community alive.

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a great idea, for those of us that are more social and organisd. Totally interested in further developments

Name: Erin

Form: Animu girl, sorta kinda.

Personality: Awesome.

Working on: Strengthening vocality and visualization

I think this is a great idea, for those of us that are more social and organisd. Totally interested in further developments

I almost forgot I made this thread. Well, if people are interested in seeing this I will be sure to set aside some time for working on it.

My guide on tulpa creation

Please consider making a private grant to tulpa.info to keep the community alive.

• 4 months later...

I would love to see a program like this be made. I was actually going to make a post asking about it since I couldn't find any programs with my google search.

One feature I was thinking of is where it can have some pre-loaded "plans" written by guide makers, or at least based on popular guides. Detailing exercises, to do lists, reminders, etc. Of course people can mix & match and create their own custom plans.

Also little features like exercises and games to play with the tulpa, just for strengthening bond, working on skills together etc

I really like the idea of a organized and comprehensive personality profile feature for easy editing and reminders to keep track of what's been done and take notes. I like things to be organized but I'm very bad at actually organizing and implementing. I know I could (struggle to) do the same thing in wordpad but I feel that a program written with that stuff in mind would make it much easier.

I use a program called "Lightened Dream" for recording my dreams to help remember them and have more lucid dreams. It has some features that I don't use for lucid dreaming but instead have plugged in tulpa related stuff.

-I use the "subliminal messages" part to flash things about Jack's sentience, personality traits, etc across the screen (Don't know if it helps, but I doubt it can hurt).

-I use the "readings" feature to play LinkZelda's hypnosis scripts (it takes a bit of editing). I know some might find it distracting because it plays the script line-by-line, but I like the way the lines flash over the screen plain and bold, with no input from me.

-It also has a "recording" feature that I use for the scripts, to record myself and play it back. That can be done on any computer, I know. But it keeps them organized and accessible, IMO.

That's all I got :)

But if it was hosted on a website and wasn't also available as a downloadable program...I wouldn't be able to make very good use of it as I don't have an internet connection at home. *shrugs*

Tulpa: Jack.

Started: Saturday June 28th, 2014.

Form: My avatar, on the left.

Progress: He is sentient, but not vocal.

Well, there is something like this here. It does work offline, but it's a little buggy and you can't get to guides offline.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Well, there is something like this here. It does work offline, but it's a little buggy and you can't get to guides offline.

Thanks. Unless it's really buggy, something is better than nothing. (i.e. relying on my own organizational skills.)

Tulpa: Jack.

Started: Saturday June 28th, 2014.

Form: My avatar, on the left.

Progress: He is sentient, but not vocal.

I would love to see a program like this be made. I was actually going to make a post asking about it since I couldn't find any programs with my google search.

Well, so happens that being a java developer is what i do for living, so if you can properly and thoughtfully describe what exactly this application supposed to do and describe (or even better - do sketches) how UI is supposed to look, then i can do it. As for mobile app - can't promise. I've never worked on one entirely by myself.

現実に抗え!

Well, so happens that being a java developer is what i do for living, so if you can properly and thoughtfully describe what exactly this application supposed to do and describe (or even better - do sketches) how UI is supposed to look, then i can do it. As for mobile app - can't promise. I've never worked on one entirely by myself.

We've had a multitude of threads on this, and I went through them yesterday and compiled a list of features people wanted. Don't feel like you have to do all of this (though if you can, that would be really great). I'd be cool with it if you'd just do the basic setup, and then release the source so that other people can add on.

First off (this is my personal request, being as I'm in the closet about all of this to the people I live with) I'd like an option to disguise the app. Basically, if enabled, the app would open to a functional calculator. The user would have to enter a PIN, followed by === to get to the main menu. If not enabled, the app opens directly to the main menu, for people who aren't worried about hiding things.

(I'd also like if the images, sounds, and documents accessed by the program could be hidden in some way. Steganography, perhaps? Or maybe just a regular archive file, with the extension changed to something that makes it look like it's not an archive.)

Now for the main menu, I'm thinking a 4x5 grid of icons, like you'd see on a phone's home page. The default icons are:

• settings - should allow:
    • enabling and disabling the disguise option
    • setting the pin for said disguise option
    • changing the list of icons on the main menu
    • importing/exporting files from the hidden archive
    • and probably some other stuff like volume controls and stuff like that...

[*]gallery - like a phone's gallery, where you can make different albums of pictures, and move pictures between albums. That way people can have a different album for each tulpa, and an album for their wonderland. Or however they want to set it up.

[*]profiles - something like the contact list on a phone, where each "contact" can have a picture (which can be a link to a gallery album), and text fields for: name, birthday, form, personality traits, and other notes. Birthday should sync up to the calender so you get a reminder every month/year depending on user preferences. There can also be wonderland profiles, which wouldn't have the birthday and personality, but are otherwise pretty similar.

[*]calender - again, like on a phone. You should be able to set reminders for forcing, and for tulpa birthdays.

[*]forcing timer - this would allow you to set timers to whatever length of time you want, play a sound when they're completed, and play a sound while they're running. It should allow you to save multiple kinds of timers for future use. It should also keep track of how often you're using the timers. The idea is that the user can look at the statistics, see that they missed their meditation on Monday, and their forcing session on Thursday, and make both of them up on Saturday so that their weekly averages aren't thrown off. Or they can look at how they've forced for an hour every day for the past 44 days straight, and they'll keep forcing daily so they won't break the streak. Or they'll see that their best streak is 61 days, and they'll keep forcing daily until they break that record.

[*]Marks Questionnaire - again, this is just me asking for it, and I'm not sure if anyone else is interested, but it's basically just a version of this questionnaire with radio buttons, and a little text box so the user can type in what they were doing before taking the questionnaire, plus a timestamp. It will save and compare results, so the user can see if they visualize better at a certain time of day, or if they visualize better after listening to an audio book, or after drawing, or after a nap, or whatever.

[*]reader - the user inputs text, and the app scrolls it slowly past the screen at a speed set by the user. There should be a recording option if they want to record hypnosis scripts like this, or they can just use it without recording, to read guides or whatever.

[*]journal - timestamped, collapsible entries. Spellcheck, markup, and syncing with the user's PR on tulpa.info too.

[*]guide viewer - in its simplest form, would just have links to open the guides section on tulpa.info in an external browser. I would prefer if it had an embedded browser, or if it always opened in incognito mode/private browsing. Users should also be able to save guides to their computer and add links to the local version for offline use.

[*]audio player - like on a phone. This is for white noise, pink noise, or whatever color of noise people want, plus binaural beats, guided meditations, and recordings of tulpas' voices. It should be capable of playlists and looping.

[*]irc client

[*]link to the forums/reddit - pretty much like the guide viewer.

[*]list of links to online resources - character worksheets, name generators, maybe some other stuff.

And that's pretty much everything that's been asked for, to my knowledge. How does that sound?

Edit: Well, several people have requested an online version of this. But I think we should have two separate versions: the online and the offline. Some of us, like Shay and myself, would rather have a downloadable version.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson