When making a guide...

Evial

When making a guide on the forums, and you post it in the guide area...

Is it true that all the mods and admins will pm you messages such as "whyyyyyyy" or can you post a guide there that is neat because I am honestly scared to post in that section :O

Day - 54 - 1 month

Stage - Impostion, independent

Name - Rainbow Dash

Visualise ✔ Touch ✔

Hear (vocal) ✔ Hear ✔

Impostion Independent

Possesion ✔ Switching - ✔

Wanna see something cool?

http://rainbowdashtulpa.tumblr.com/

Just post it. Every guide can and will be commented on if there's a need. Both good and bad things about it, that's the beauty of publishing what you write on the internets.

Though make sure it's an actual guide about tupper-related things and not just tips and tricks or whatever. Or something barely related to tuppers. Those are less guides in my eyes and more general discussion stuff, as others could and should add their two cents in that kind of tip collection.

If you think others should read it, then others should probably read it. How they take it is up to them and if you want to hear what they think is up to you. If you don't want anyone to comment on things then well, you gotta keep it private and just something you can read. Only way to make sure no one can talk about what you wrote, then. But you don't want that, do you?

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

When making a guide on the forums, and you post it in the guide area...

Is it true that all the mods and admins will pm you messages such as "whyyyyyyy" or can you post a guide there that is neat because I am honestly scared to post in that section :O

No, it's not true. Mod's have limited time and better things to do. Also, there is a Guide Approval Team (GAT) who will be happy to give you constructive criticism to improve your guide.

If it worries you, post it under General Discussion, and the GAT can have it moved into guides later. I see that some of them have already posted replies here, if somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

If you really want a scary mod PM, then I suggest you request one in "Talk to Staff".

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

I think the main thing to be aware of is that most people will see other guides as rehashes of others (i.e. veterans). Because in their eyes, everything seems to be a copy with a change of words.

Although this is true, it's important in being vicarious of a newcomer's analysis/standpoint and seeing other people's perspectives when writing a guide. Some may get the concepts from a guide that gives a general overview, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's "guiding" them, it's just a pile of useful (varies on opinion) information.

To newcomers, more perspective means more comprehension of the underlying meanings behind the tulpa phenomenon. To people who already get the concepts will see it as random noise and repetition. But to newcomers, it may or may not be a goldmine of information of them.

It depends if they want to actually read instead of skimming because skimming makes them miss a lot of information. So it's really a matter of disposition, and honestly, catering to the newcomer's disposition is more desirable than people who are well-informed who already picked their favorites and see anything "similar" to them as a rehash.

Most of the technicalities in making a tulpa and/or exist in your perception of reality is fairly straightforward:

• Usage of symbolism

• Affirmations

• Learning how shift from one method to the other without developing a cognitive dissonance (i.e. one method helps for visualization but may contradict the other that only uses symbolism as a precedent for something else)

• Practicing until you make the breakthroughs

• Using pre-existing knowledge and associating it with tulpa (e.g. meditation, writing/typing/saying stories, concentration)

But some things that might be unique is anyone that might want to give philosophies, morals, and ethics on tulpa. Since people just go for the default route (e.g. golden rule, cardinal rule) when it comes to creating a sentient being that has the ability to suffer. But if you were to make a guide on that, you'd have to be very flexible to avoid confrontation with other people's religion/sense of morale/etc.

It's probable to make a unique guide, but it'll just take more effort with what others have posted in the past.

No, it's not true. Mod's have limited time and better things to do. Also, there is a Guide Approval Team (GAT) who will be happy to give you constructive criticism to improve your guide.

If it worries you, post it under General Discussion, and the GAT can have it moved into guides later.

EXCEPT THE GUIDES SECTION HASN'T EVEN BEEN ADAPTED FOR GAT YET ;___;

Yep, just post your guide. Worst that will happen is the GAT will decline it, not move it into the yet-to-be-created "approved guides" board, and say why. Possibly they'll have it moved to another board if it doesn't really count as a guide.

Moving this thread to Forum Questions & Comments since it is about forum structure, not tulpa creation.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)