Tulpae and languages

Myrrysmies

I have studied english since I was eight, and by now I am essentially bilingual. I am capable of thinking in english just as well as my native tongue finnish, and I sometimes find myself doing it without a concious decision. I have only forced for two weeks, and I haven`t heard my tulpa say anything as of yet. Would it be possible to make my tulpa "speak" english, so it would be easier for me to distinguish her thoughts from my own? How could i achieve that? Could that somehow mess up the process? Would she be able to change her language later, if I preferred her to speak finnish?

Your tulpa will speak and understand any language that you can speak and understand. The only way they wouldn't know a certain language is if you blocked all knowledge of said language from you tulpa. My suggestion to you is to maybe only force and narrate in English. You might even want to block Finnish from you tulpa's knowledge until you know how to distinguish their thoughts from your own. You can undo this process at anytime by simply allowing her the knowledge of Finnish, or if you prefer, you could even block English from her at a later date so she only speaks your native tongue. It's really all up to you on this.

To actually block the knowledge from you tulpa is quite simple if you don't know how. There are a few ways you can do it. You can use a form of symbolism in your mind. Like say, a locked box or a door they are not allowed to enter that holds that information, or you could simply keep in mind that they don't know what ever language it is that you are blocking them from knowing. You could also do a combination of these things.

It's also good to keep in mind open communication with your tulpa while you do this. You don't want to them feel like they are unworthy of your mother tongue. So you might want to explain to them that's it only so you are able to understand one another better. It's not because you are trying to keep some great Finnish secrets, or anything of the sort. You simply don't feel like you have the experience to tell when it's them yet and so you have devised this to help cope until you two are better acquainted with another mind's.

I hope this helped, and welcome to Tulpa.info ^^

Your tulpa is essentialy part of your brain. It will understand any languages you speak.

Day - 54 - 1 month

Stage - Impostion, independent

Name - Rainbow Dash

Visualise ✔ Touch ✔

Hear (vocal) ✔ Hear ✔

Impostion Independent

Possesion ✔ Switching - ✔

Wanna see something cool?

http://rainbowdashtulpa.tumblr.com/

As the others said, your tulpa knows whatever languages you know. That said, it may be as simple as asking your tulpa to think to you in English. Keep in mind that your tulpa can understand you long before you can hear them. So just ask.

And yes, obviously, since they know both languages, they can switch between them at any time, in the future.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Thanks for the replies.

I have now blocked my tulpa from using Finnish, but she should still be able to undesrtand it. After narrating in English last evening I think I got her first faint responses to my idiotic blabbering. I can`t tell what language they were if any, being just seemingly random beeps and boops and some kind of very faint mumbling.

I almost went nuts trying to find out if they came from the freezer or the lights or what. When I blocked my ears I could still hear them and they were accompanied by some serious head pressure, so I think it is safe to assume it was her. If she is one of those trolling tulpas she bloody well succeeded. :(

Mayby I should try conversing with her in Swedish at some point just to refresh it a bit before going to university... ;)

Guest EnnervateIndustries

I don't see why you would need to completely block a language, but that's your choice. And yes, tulpas can converse with you in any languages you know. I've had Maia help me a lot when I was learning German. You may also notice that your tulpa is possibly more fluent in your second language than you are, by virtue of faster processing. This may just be my observation, though, has anyone else noticed this?

Mayby I should try conversing with her in Swedish

*Remark censored by SIDF PoliCe of Social Justice*

..On a serious note, you'll probably discover more convenient & less restricting methods for differentiation than just blocking Finnish for her. While me & my tuppers have been interchangeably communicating in both English & Finnish since the beginning, the focus has been primarily on the first one (especially communication with outsiders).

That has created a sort of communication bias because they've developed more personal linguistic touch & expressivity in the first one despite obviously being fluent in both.

It's relatively harmless, but blocking a language sounds like something that could bring you to our situation. Obviously it might not matter to you, but i think that developing a personality in language is almost as important as fluency, and in the terms of creativity much more enriching, but takes a lot of practical experience to develop.

..Maybe i should be horrible and force a week of nothing but Perkelespeak between us to fix the balance.

tell the rapper what i'm gonna do with all this money

Would it be possible to make my tulpa "speak" english, so it would be easier for me to distinguish her thoughts from my own?

This is a Good Idea, and you should try it. It reminds me of Quantum's Nametag Guide, which is what I've been using for a while.

Should you decide to tell your tulpa to only speak to you in English, it would be a good idea to keep your own conscious thoughts in Finnish.

It reminds me of Quantum's Nametag Guide, which is what I've been using for a while.

Quantums method actually seems like it might work better in my case. When casually narrating to my tulpa I find it difficult to stick to one particular language. I often only remember what language I used after I have already spoken and it feels a little avkward and forced to repeat what I just said in another. It also sometimes makes me lose my consentration and trail of thought while forcing. I know this isn`t anything particularly serious, but I think I would feel more comfortable using both Finnish and English interchangeably without thinking it any further.

..Maybe i should be horrible and force a week of nothing but Perkelespeak between us to fix the balance.

I wouldn`t wish such a fate even for my worst enemy. Surely that would count as an offence towards the fundamental rights of immaterial and astral beings?

Once I get Koharu talking again and visualized I'm gonna throw myself into learning Esperanto (and her too, I think she'll like it). I'll impress upon her the need to speak Esperanto so I'll be able to distinguish her thoughts from my own, and it should also help me in learning and retaining the language.

Me: Hey, say something for this thread!

Koharu: Yay, cupcakes!

mfw there are no cupcakes. Sentience? Yes. Brilliance? Ehh...