Improper Usage of the Mindvoice's Effects on Thought Independence and the Solution

zerofox21898

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Hamcha

Thanks!

@HumbleGlow

We agree. I've found that symbolism and meditation on the idea that you get what you expect with tulpa are helpful.

@bersinger

I don't believe they were being lazy. I think that they just have a difficult time having true faith. That was the problem for me a while back anyway.

@Future

I'm glad to hear it. I think that a lot of times people like us get discouraged because it seems like most people aren't having this problem when in reality, we just aren't very vocal about it. After all, we're supposed to "just have faith."

@hbenton

It's good, I'm getting such positive reactions from this. Glad to hear it.

@Garland

The whole point is that this will stop your tulpa from seeming thought dependent and that they aren't really depending on your thoughts at all. Instead, what I think may be happening is that the thoughts you're having that your tulpa seems to be using are actually not your thoughts at all. Rather than them using your thoughts, they are sending their thoughts over to communicate with you. When we speak with them we send literal words over to them, but maybe they haven't quite figured this out yet, and so they send "raw untranslated thought." Since you're subconcious is so used to translating your own thoughts into words, it automatically does it for your tulpa's causing their messages to lose that alien feeling.

Basically, your tulpa isn't using your thoughts. You are translating theirs into words.

Tulpas Luna, Vanille

I'm just going to quickly say that this thread has my GAT vote for approval. I think it's a spectacularly helpful anecdote and analysis to folks who have difficulty with their tulpa's voice. I've also featured it on my personal tulpa site. Despite being a little unorganized and informal, it is still very well written and informative.

WTB: Rare Tulpas

I'm having hard time choosing what to do with this one, which is why I haven't commented on it yet. A lot of it is telling us about his theory, which doesn't exactly make a guide. It does have helpful tips to someone, but not sure if it's quite a guide. I'll side with the majority here, if the rest of the team thinks this is a guide they approve of, I'm going to agree.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

I'm having hard time choosing what to do with this one, which is why I haven't commented on it yet. A lot of it is telling us about his theory, which doesn't exactly make a guide. It does have helpful tips to someone, but not sure if it's quite a guide. I'll side with the majority here, if the rest of the team thinks this is a guide they approve of, I'm going to agree.

To be honest, I wasn't sure if this was the right section either. If a mod thinks this should be moved, then by all means go ahead.

Tulpas Luna, Vanille

I like this, but I agree with Sands that this is not a guide. This would be better fitting in General Discussion imo. That said, I feel the same way about the issue you described, zerofox.

Disapproved as a guide, but still a nice point to bring up.

• 2 weeks later...

zerofox, I suppose if you rewrote this to be more of a guide then it could stay here. But actually, as it is now I agree with the other people, that it should go into GD.

Well, I've moved it into General Discussion.

This may belong more in Research or General Discussion.

It's a personal hypothesis/musings or one's own beliefs about how one interacts with their tulpa.

Hence, "disapproved" (not really, just belongs better in other places).

Now if this were in General Discussion, I'd say this:

I tend to think it's better to avoid rationalizing too much and just interact with your tulpa freely - you want your belief in your tulpa to actually be based on something, such as them interacting with you on their own, rather than just some blind belief which tends to be unstable anyhow - let the tulpa prove itself to you. Trust that they can find ways to communicate with you, treat them like an actual conscious person. They can communicate in plenty of ways and insisting on some particular form of voice from them may make things a bit harder - instead of that, let them communicate with you with emotions, images, moods, possibly more complex abstract thoughts that come fully formed, sounds, possession (if they want to do that sort of thing) and eventually even voice. Rather than worrying about your tulpa's replies as much, just spend time with them and actually give them some honest attention and in no time they'll be replying to you without you even expecting anything. The "alien" feels end up appearing naturally the more senses the tulpa can send you at the same time, the more of a person they appear to you (thus someone capable of expressing various moods, responses and having a certain feel, or "essence") and the better you learn to pay attention to them - rather than trying to perceive something as narrow as a few vocal thoughts, try perceiving them as a whole person and actually have some fun while you're at it!

And if you are really worrying so much and can't stop it - just pay attention to yourself AND the tulpa (on the side) at the same time while you narrate (talk) to them. It's rather fun to just be thinking of something yourself and to suddenly get surprised by your tulpa with a reply to something you've said earlier and without them interrupting your current thought - it essentially kills most "parroting" fears as now you're experiencing them doing something you didn't expect or think about. Sometimes partial attention may even be more useful than full undivided attention when done right.

I'm sure more advice could be given, but essentially I tend to prefer just letting the tulpa show you neat stuff rather than rationalizing everything you doubt away - the latter just builds more fears.