Too tired to tulpaforce?

Tiiw

Hi everyone, I have a problem.

Here, in Finland, at this time of year it's very dark all the time and it affects me very strongly. No matter how much I sleep I'm always so tired that tulpaforcing is out of the question, for I'd fall asleep immediately.

I don't even know what the point of this thread is, I'm just desperate. Any advice on how to deal with this situation?

Thanks.

"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free."

- Michelangelo

Take caffeine, get vitamin D, force in an illuminated environment, force in an uncomfortable not-sleepy environment, become a proficient passive forcer, the list goes on...

No obvious magic tricks though, i live in Rovaniemi and i can confirm this darkness shit to be a plague. In a minute i'm going to leave my workplace and it's already been completely dark for 30 minutes.

My favourite habit is timing my active forcing sessions on sleazy walks in the woods or other fairly uneventful environments; No risk of falling asleep and the environment is relaxing for me but not too distracting. I can easily zone out to force effectively.

I can barely stay awake for 20 minutes of active indoors forcing on most days, though.

tell the rapper what i'm gonna do with all this money

Orange juice, possibly, or maybe you could try caffeine. Possibly both. If you are falling asleep because of your closed eyes, try doing whatever you happen to be doing with eyes open. This might not work for wonderland visualization, but other than that, you should be fine. You can also look pretty much anywhere online to find other ways of staying awake and aware.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

The other thing you might try is forcing DURING sleep. But first you will have to practice lucid dreaming. This is a great, basic guide to lucid dreaming: http://www.dreammoods.com/dreaminformation/dreamtypes/luciddreams2.htm

Some people will say that tulpaforcing isn't a good idea to do before/relating to bed, but I think it really depends on how much self discipline you have over your mind. As far as I know the real reason people don't recommend it is you can get some freaky/nightmarish results at times, but if you solidify your positive beliefs and energy, then you will always be 'protected' from such things. For instance, I regularly listen to paranormal radio shows, right before bed. Of course this can result in my thinking I'm seeing things, etc. and generally freaking myself out, but I'm always able to force my mind not to think of such things, or that 'I can handle it,' or else I have my tulpa 'chase them away.' I've found this to be very successful. Anyway that's just an example of the kind of control you can have over your mind, even at night. So if you think you can have control over your mind wandering, I don't see anything really wrong with tulpaforcing at night or during sleep.

Here is a great hypothesis/guide from this site someone posted: http://community.tulpa.info/thread-the-hypothesis-of-lucid-dream-tulpa-forcing

And here is another post highlighting important things: http://community.tulpa.info/thread-my-tulpa-in-my-dreams

I'm Alanna, Domnopalus' host. Dom always speaks in brackets []

Tulpa: Domnopalus ||

Form (I am the artist) || WL: Bald cypress swamp. || Progress Report

You can sit up while forcing. You can also practice the key method.

Sit in a chair comfortably or lay in bed where one of you hands can kind of hand off the edge. Hold a key in your hand or something else that will make noise if you drop it. Place something else that is noisy on the floor so that if you drop your key it will hit it and make a loud sound.

The idea of this is that while your are awake and forcing, you can hold on to the key. This won't take away from your concentration of forcing and you can continue on like you always do. Once you start to drift of though, your grip will loosen on the key, causing you to drop it and hit what ever it is that you set up for it to land in. The sound will wake you up and you can start the process over from where you left off.

Also, how much passive forcing do you do? I've personally found that passive forcing can be done through out the day, even during tasks once you get used to it. I'm almost in a constant state of passive forcing. Bud is always with me. Maybe you want to try upping your passive forcing to spend more time with your tulpa.

Also, how much passive forcing do you do? I've personally found that passive forcing can be done through out the day, even during tasks once you get used to it. I'm almost in a constant state of passive forcing. Bud is always with me. Maybe you want to try upping your passive forcing to spend more time with your tulpa.

Passive forcing is an extremely effective method in my experience; now I almost exclusively do passive forcing. This is certainly a good alternative to active forcing if you're finding yourself too tired.

I'm Alanna, Domnopalus' host. Dom always speaks in brackets []

Tulpa: Domnopalus ||

Form (I am the artist) || WL: Bald cypress swamp. || Progress Report

Passive forcing is an extremely effective method in my experience; now I almost exclusively do passive forcing. This is certainly a good alternative to active forcing if you're finding yourself too tired.

Exactly. I know there are some members that won't agree with me, but I think that passive forcing is almost more important than active. I mean, you get a lot of meat work done in active forcing, but the sheer quantity that you can passive force in makes up for the quality you seem to miss with some aspects of active forcing.

And really, once you get used to passive forcing all the time and honestly integrate it into your lifestyle, it becomes second nature and you don't even realize your doing it. Which, I've found, in the long run, helps with active forcing later on.

Exactly. I know there are some members that won't agree with me, but I think that passive forcing is almost more important than active. I mean, you get a lot of meat work done in active forcing, but the sheer quantity that you can passive force in makes up for the quality you seem to miss with some aspects of active forcing.

And really, once you get used to passive forcing all the time and honestly integrate it into your lifestyle, it becomes second nature and you don't even realize your doing it. Which, I've found, in the long run, helps with active forcing later on.

Thank you all for the replies. I am really good in passive forcing, but still have little doubts about whether it really can be as affective as active forcing. But if so, that's great! Thank you for the advice :)

"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free."

- Michelangelo