can you inadvertently make a tulpa?

theabsinthefaery

A few days ago i decided to try and create my first tulpa. However as i was planning him out I began to hear and see a character of mine that i was basing my tulpa off of. I have been building this character for the past few months, constructing him in my thoughts. Is it possible that I may have created some sort of tulpa without intending to?

Guest Quidam

That's where mine came from. Just didn't have a word for it until it was too late.

Dun dun duuun.

I believe there are already threads concerning this topic. As I have been told, it is indeed possible to "unintentionally" create a Tulpa. However, the chance of this happening appears to be very slim.

Please assume everything I say on the subject of Tulpae as theory based off of information I have found on Tulpamany, since I do not have a Tulpa.

Same here. Having a tulpa (did not know the term at the time) is what eveeventually led me to this site. So it is definately possible to unintentionally create a tulpa.

There are few things more confusing in this life, than trying to figure yourself out.

>The tulpa that I created this account for no longer wants it. So not having an account myself, ill take it.<

I'm really tempted to create a poll just to see how many people had "accidental" tulpas before finding this site/reddit/4chan/whatever internet mention of them. I have yet to stumble across one in my search attempts.

Put me down as an inadvertent tulpamancer. Before I'd ever heard the word Tulpa, a character from a story I was writing just sort of jumped off the page. Well written and thought out characters seem to have a tendency to become Tulpae.

I'm really tempted to create a poll just to see how many people had "accidental" tulpas before finding this site/reddit/4chan/whatever internet mention of them. I have yet to stumble across one in my search attempts.

You may find the poll of tulpas by Kronkleberry and Alyson useful, especially the "Pre-existing / Intentional" graph on the "First Tulpa" page.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.