DizzySpinda's First Tulpa Adventure

DizzySpinda

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe your wonderland should have swings? :)

Haha believe it or not I tried that but it's super hard for me to imagine an area around me when the angles i'm looking from are rapidly changing

So I got sick of the way Tulip’s face has been deviating. I know that sounds mean, but it just looks so similar to people I’ve known before that sometimes it ends up turning into them, and that’s not what I want at all, so I did some sort of “face shopping” on google images and found a neutral-looking female face I can try and focus in on. I told tulip she can deviate from it however she wants but try and make it very gradual.

Later I decided to do just a minute of forcing in my wonderland, but this time I imagined my wonderland on a small island in the middle of the ocean. It was sunny and the water was very calm. I visualized Tulip sitting across from me, and she reached out to touch my face. I was startled and it immediately broke my concentration, I think it was the first time she moved on her own! The movement was choppy but I knew what she was intending. It was very exciting!

Guest Riy

It's only natural for your mind to default to 'stock images' of faces you've already seen. You can only see people's faces in dreams if you've seen them before so when it comes to imagining or coming up with a new face it's much the same concept. It's difficult, not impossible.

Tulip sounds wonderful to be with and I think you're making great progress. Keep being consistent and it will become easier!

Remember, while maintaining as much concentration is important that it's okay to take breaks. If swinging is 'meditative' for you, calming, and peaceful then I see no issue with using your time swinging to chew on the progress you're making, even if you can't necessarily have Tulip there with you. It can be a fantastic time to think about what you're hoping to achieve and zero in on your goals!

When it comes to maintaining concentration in the mornings this is a physiological issue more than it is a psychological one. Much like a computer starting up, a lot of higher (and lower) brain functions aren't 'booted up' yet. This is why you may forget things easily after waking up, or in my case you'll put toothpaste on your disposable razor and damn near shave your teeth off!

Try keeping a glass of water next to your bed and drinking a few swallows before you go to be and when you wake up. Water helps activate internal organs and will prevent dehydration in the morning which can cause a slurring in mental focus.

Keep progressing, stay consistent, and tell Tulip I said 'hi'!

All the best, Cheers!

Thank you for the advice Riy! It's always great to read your feedback on my progress :}

~~~

Wow, I can't believe it's been a week since I began to create Tulip! It seems like time is just flying by!

Unfortunately, today hasn't been productive at all. I woke up with a nasty hang over. I think it took me a whole 10 minutes to even remember to say "good morning" to Tulip. I haven't really been passively forcing much at all today. I was still visualizing her face every now and then, but it was much less frequent and only lasted a few seconds each time. I did pay a quick visit to my wonderland to apologize for my lack of concentration. I hugged her and promised her that tomorrow night will be an "us" night (I really hope I can keep that promise)

But other than that, it was a pretty uneventful day.

Guest Riy

Thank you for the advice Riy! It's always great to read your feedback on my progress :}

~~~

Wow, I can't believe it's been a week since I began to create Tulip! It seems like time is just flying by!

Unfortunately, today hasn't been productive at all. I woke up with a nasty hang over. ight will be an "us" night (I really hope I can keep that promise)

But other than that, it was a pretty uneventful day.

There's always going to be 'off' days. Just stay as consistent as you can, you're still only human, not super woman!

P.S Bacon, water, rice, and bread will help snap that hangover off of you.

Cheers!

Thank you for your comments Riy and CastleMan2000! I really do appreciate it :}

~~~

Ok so this is really freaking me out and no I am not trolling

So the first night that I started to create Tulip, I was sort of trying to meditate, right? Well, I plugged in my string lights because I figured dim lighting would be nice and calming and help me meditate. Well I turned off all the lights and shut my eyes and started to try and clear my mind. A little while later I opened my eyes because I was losing concentration and I looked over at my string lights and I SEE THE BOTTOM LIGHT ON THE STRING LIGHTS MOVE And I am SURE that I wasn’t just seeing things because it like wiggled for a good few seconds like something bumped it and I saw the light moving against the wall too. So I stopped meditating because I was really freaked out and I just went to bed.

now skip to today. Since that night I haven’t really thought about what happened like things just move sometimes so whatever and I think this is like my 3rd time trying to meditate to focus on Tulip. I plugged the string lights in, put on some peaceful music, and shut my eyes. This time I was just in the beginning, like I was having trouble concentrating again so I opened my eyes and glanced over at the string lights (not even remembering what had happened before) AND IT DID IT AGAIN, SAME AS BEFORE!!!!

I don’t have my fan on, the air vent is facing away from it, and I’ve been watching it for the past 12 minutes and it hasn't budged. like even if it was just some unlikely breeze, what are the chances of me seeing it twice in the same exact situation!? I feel like I'm in the beginning of a creepypasta story and I want oouuuttt.

I mean, I still want to meditate because I've been telling Tulip all day today and also yesterday that tonight I would spend tons of time with her in wonderland and then narrate the book we've been reading together but I'm just too startled to do anything now D;

Guest Riy

Seems like everyone's having startling experiences lately.

All right Dizzy. Nice, easy, and slow.

First off, maybe turning out the lights isn't such a good idea. Meditation is actually better done in a well lit area that you're comfortable in. Turning on a few dim lights and then focusing on them after a while can cause an effect of movement. Not to mention that if you aren't used to meditating that it can make you drowsy and make your vision 'swim'. It's possible this was giving you the perception of movement.

Secondly, the creepy-pasta story is a vastly exaggerated and fictional tale designed by a 12 year old of 4chan to be good reading.

Period.

End of story.

The story is incredibly misinformed and construed to make tulpas seem like some sort of individualistic 'self-serving' creation. This is completely false. In every sense of the word, in every possible rendition of the concept. It is simply NOT TRUE.

Look at this from an objective point of view, even if it's unlikely that a cross-breeze caused the lights to move, you're saying that it 'makes more sense' that YOUR MIND moved it? That sounds dubious, at best. And if you had the power to do that, then you can go claim your 1M dollars from the paranormal investigation institute and live a long fulfilling life!

Thirdly, do you think Tulip would do anything to really scare you? Tulip is you, you are Tulip. You can't frighten yourself any more than you can tickle yourself. Tulip is still there in your Wonderland, she hasn't gone all spooky-wooky on you, she may even be looking forward to hearing about the book your reading!

Unless you're getting a constant bad experience from dealing with Tulip you can rest assured that there's no sinister mind games going on. Eventually as you progress you're going to be projecting Tulip into your world. She'll be there next to you, talking with you, laughing with you. Try not to let a few random intrusive thoughts get in the way of the other wonderful things you two will be able to do!

Let us know how things are going in your next update.

Stay consistent, stay positive!

Cheers!

Seems like everyone's having startling experiences lately.

All right Dizzy. Nice, easy, and slow.

First off, maybe turning out the lights isn't such a good idea. Meditation is actually better done in a well lit area that you're comfortable in. Turning on a few dim lights and then focusing on them after a while can cause an effect of movement. Not to mention that if you aren't used to meditating that it can make you drowsy and make your vision 'swim'. It's possible this was giving you the perception of movement.

Secondly, the creepy-pasta story is a vastly exaggerated and fictional tale designed by a 12 year old of 4chan to be good reading.

Period.

End of story.

The story is incredibly misinformed and construed to make tulpas seem like some sort of individualistic 'self-serving' creation. This is completely false. In every sense of the word, in every possible rendition of the concept. It is simply NOT TRUE.

Look at this from an objective point of view, even if it's unlikely that a cross-breeze caused the lights to move, you're saying that it 'makes more sense' that YOUR MIND moved it? That sounds dubious, at best. And if you had the power to do that, then you can go claim your 1M dollars from the paranormal investigation institute and live a long fulfilling life!

Thirdly, do you think Tulip would do anything to really scare you? Tulip is you, you are Tulip. You can't frighten yourself any more than you can tickle yourself. Tulip is still there in your Wonderland, she hasn't gone all spooky-wooky on you, she may even be looking forward to hearing about the book your reading!

Unless you're getting a constant bad experience from dealing with Tulip you can rest assured that there's no sinister mind games going on. Eventually as you progress you're going to be projecting Tulip into your world. She'll be there next to you, talking with you, laughing with you. Try not to let a few random intrusive thoughts get in the way of the other wonderful things you two will be able to do!

Let us know how things are going in your next update.

Stay consistent, stay positive!

Cheers!

I understand what you're saying about staring at things so long they appear to be moving, but I am so sure that the light moved I'd bet my life on it. It wasn't slow or subtle at all, it really just looked like someone had bumped into that one bottom light, and it happened just a few seconds after I began to look at it.

I don't really believe in the creepypasts story lol. Have you ever just read something creepy and then a few days later you just get spooked even though you know nothing about whatever you read was true?

I actually scare myself all the time due to over thinking things I read or saw on tv (especially in the dark) and this just happened to be one of those moments (woops haha)

Thanks for your quick response! I always thought meditating in dim lighting was more effective, but I'm glad to hear that's not the case lol.

Well anyway, I sort of gave up on meditating for the night as I couldn't stop glancing at the light every minute and besides that, it's way too late now anyway. I decided to go ahead and recite some personality traits to Tulip and then narrate a chapter of our book. Soon I will be going to sleep, and hopefully I can get better at meditating tomorrow :P