Help! My girlfriend's tulpa is out of control!

Fosk

Please encourage your girlfriend to go to a hospital, or make an appointment with a psychiatrist. Failing that, if another episode occurs, simply call an emergency line and get her to a psychiatric lock-down facility.

That. Right there. It really sums everything up. I know I'm just another person saying the exact same thing that everyone else has already said, but I really suggest taking everyone's advice and seeking professional help.

I know many people here strongly believe in the psychological development of a tulpa as a separate, sentient entity. However, the process involves a lot of suggestibility and she may have opened doors in her mind without knowing it that could have disastrous consequences. Tulpa themselves, while sometimes mischievous are not evil and if she gets possessed again without her consent, and if the being in control is chaotic and evil her situation may be beyond the help of a psychiatrist. If I were you I would keep legitimate possession a possibility, regardless of what you or anyone else may believe about such a topic. Its probably not but if it continues, do not shrug it off as nothing, some psychological phenomenon, or something she can deal with herself.

Theophilus

Unless you believe, you shall not understand.

A psychologist would be a HUGE mistake at this juncture. A psychiatrist has all of the tools a psychologist has plus many more. This person needs a psychiatrist.

Leaf, if it's not a tulpa, why wouldn't a psychiatrist be able to help? I think a psychologist or a psychiatrist would help.

Looking at what I wrote, it seems like it is too easily interpreted the wrong way. By all means see a psychiatrist and/or psychologist, I was just adding another possibility and if you didn't get my drift in the previous reply I won't bother explaining.

Unless you believe, you shall not understand.