Substituting social contact with 'forcing'?

Tyrane

Does it seem alright?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Does it seem alright?

• It's fine.
    • It's not fine.
    • Other?

I'll try to keep this as brief as I can if I can help it.

I'm not sure how many other people have encountered it but I've found over time that the more I can link someone's humanity to their identity I lose faith and respect for them and avoid them as much as possible. There's pretty much only one person I value above any others that I know and I'm afraid my value for her is slowly declining as well, I've noticed however that any/all tulpae seem to lack this connection to humanity and I've always valued them higher than anyone I've known up until now.

My psychologist has mentioned a few times that he's worried about them substituting social contact, which he insists is a necessity. Of course they would to an extent, but what I've been noticing recently is how as these people I hold with high regards are dropping so quickly and so easily nowadays, I'm losing myself in a variety of ways.

It's having serious implications on my mental stability and the last time I was happy was when I was 'forcing', it's about time to wrap up; I believe soon I will be gambling the last people I hold dear and if I lose them, I will have a sense of having nothing left to live for.

What are your thoughts on using tulpae as a substitute for the dearest figures in my life, to provide purpose, meaning and motivation for everything I do for the rest of my life?

I'm sure if you ask tulpas you will get the same answer as if you asked humans, you need to maintain contact with humans for your health and own personal development. This, indeed, was part of the message intended to be conveyed in the very practice of making tulpas.

I spend all the time talking with humans. I learn so much that way, and become a better person. You poor dear human, your psychologist is right, put your humans before tulpas. Any tulpa "worth their salt" will tell you this.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

Your psychologist isn't wrong, social contact is very important.

I don't think a tulpa would ever be able to substitute any of that, it can provide for some entertaining conversation, but it can't really teach you much more than what you already knew.

About being motivation and meaning, that depends on what kind of person you are.

Try to think through why you keep losing the will to speak with people, if you think people are being too stubborn or close minded when talking to you, find some that aren't.

Since tulpae are essentially bits of your own self, substituting them for real-world social interaction wouldn't be anything but redundant and time-consuming.

Other than that, like the others said, find people with a similar outlook.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

I'm a little confused on your view of humanity. Can you elaborate a little?

I'm with Redline on this one. when you say...

the more I can link someone's humanity to their identity I lose faith and respect for them and avoid them as much as possible.

what is your definition of "humanity"? Or at least what do you mean by "humanity" in this context?

"The way is in training."

- Miyamoto Musashi