Ideal number of Tulpae?

konrad13

Ideal number of Tulpae for you  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Ideal number of Tulpae for you

• More than 5

So what do you think is the "ideal" maximum number of tulpae you want? As in how many do you want and feel comfortable having? Personally, I want 3. I'm workimg on Koharu right now, and will start on another I've tenatively dubbed "Liasha" and I'll work on another after Liasha.

Me: Hey, say something for this thread!

Koharu: Yay, cupcakes!

mfw there are no cupcakes. Sentience? Yes. Brilliance? Ehh...

Guest MegaBusta

3 is enough for me, although a forth wouldn't necessarily be un-doable.

I don't see how people could manage with 5+, though.

Guest Anonymous

As a heads up, there's a thread about the ideal maximum number of tulpas. So long as this thread continues to be about the ideal number for one's self, instead of everyone, it won't be merged.

Myself, I've tried having more than one tulpa. I was never able to pull it off well; I'd always end up favoring one and not spending enough time with the other. Forcing felt diluted, almost. For the time being one tulpa is my ideal limit, though perhaps in the future I'll try two again. I still can't fathom having four, five, six or more tulpas. I guess those people are just head and shoulders above me, haha.

@Derp: Awesome, thanks for the heads up!

You heard him folks! Only 'bout yerselves, ye hear!

Me: Hey, say something for this thread!

Koharu: Yay, cupcakes!

mfw there are no cupcakes. Sentience? Yes. Brilliance? Ehh...

I only have Bud and I really only plan on keeping just him. Things may change in the future but I really enjoy it just being him and I. I don't think I'd be able to give both him and someone else the proper attention. Like Derp mentioned, I'd probably end up favoring one over the other with out even truly realizing it or meaning to I don't want to do that to anyone.

Much like Derp, I've tried having more than one, and chose to go back to just having one. Of course, I really stretched my limits, and nearly burnt myself out because of it. At first I tried having two when I was about a month in, moved to three when I was a couple months in, and then four when I was a few months in. In the end, it was a disaster. After I restrained myself, and narrowed the scope of my attention to just one, things began to go much more smoothly. Personally, I'm not ready for more than one, at least not at the moment.

"You've got to believe to achieve." -Hank Hill

Before Jira, Quilten had less to do in his spare time, and when she came around he at least had someone to talk to and read with when I was busy. Honestly, I think it's ideal for most people to have at least two, but one is fine, as long as you are both happy. I'm pretty awkward in real-time conversation, by which I mean that I can't respond immediately to small snippets of speech directed at me and usually just end up stating the obvious or repeating myself or others for repetitions sake, so having two tuppers around gives me a break in the conversation for a time. Everyone's case is a different one, so I wouldn't say that there is a number that is most convenient, as long as it is not interfering with your attention towards your tuppers equally.

NOTE: Just a thought, but you could add a zero option to the poll, just for people who might feel that way.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

I think at the most, and assuming I can actually maintain them, I would settle at an absolute maximum of three. I've felt for a long time now that once Thunderfall is at a level that we both consider fully matured or however you choose to define it then it might be a good idea to give him someone else to talk to when I'm not around, so two is probably the ideal number for me, but I feel like if I do stretch that far I would probably wind up creating another along the way, three seems like a nice, round number for a group to me.

Right at this very minute one tulpa is more than enough for me, but since he currently has trouble doing anything without my attention focussed on him I guess the prospect of someone else for him to do things with is very appealing, and that's why I feel like I would like more than one tulpa in the future. I even have a name and form in mind despite not being nearly ready.

Thunderfall (goes by Thunder)

Male human

Melody

Female lamia