This has gone on long enough...

ovaN

I am horrible at visualization. Nova has been vocal for two months, but whenever we force, I am just as bad as when we started. We force twice a day in half-hour sessions. I have read every guide I can find several times. At this point, it's not a concentration issue so much as just lack of talent. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

I just visualize her head in darkness. Sometimes I use a wonderland, but usually not. I basically stay concentrated on visualizing for as long as I can. When I stop, I look at a picture of her and start again.

There is no such thing as a lack of talent.

Not talent, no, but certainly the ability to concentrate or solidify things in one's mind as easily as many can.

Encourage yourself, and your tupper, before, during, and after forcing. Other than that, just be persistent and keep faith. Good luck!

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

I'm not all that great at visualization myself, I just try to ignore how well I'm doing and focus on whatever we're talking about and/or doing while forcing.

I pretty much only do passive forcing though but I know negative thought can really slow down progress for us.

Maybe you could have a few training exercises?

I used to have to do the whole 'rotate a shape in 3-d' shtick in math classes, and it sort of leaked over. Perhaps you could just start with a chair and imagining every side. Looking at a picture gives you one view, but you might need to be able to imagine movement, spatial recognition, etc....and a photo won't give you that. I would just go and get a chair and just touch every side. Look at it all over and rub it, feel the curves and start closing your eyes. Hold the darkness and then get a chair in that darkness.

Then you can start on turning the chair, tossing it, doing anything with that chair until you're comfortable enough to be able to visualize the chair without being next to it.

of avian anatomy might give you a better idea of how Nova can move. If it helps, you could even just have a go with some small things like a pencil, or maybe a fork.

As for the fuzziness you have, just work on small parts first. Clarify bits and pieces until you have the whole picture, and so on.

Thanks for the videos, they really helped!

As for the chair exercise, I'd tried it before with success. I am now just breaking her down into more sections; that seems to work.