Image Streaming: A Way to Help Increase Your Visualization/Minds Eye.

DJCl3v

I've known about this for awhile now but I just now wanted to share this with the Tulpa community. Basically what image streaming is you recording yourself describing what ever image pops into your head. I'm honestly not sure how this improves your visualization but I have tried it and it has made visualizing my tulpa extremely easier. Heres a website if you want more detail on it: http://www.winwenger.com/imstream.htm

hi

Glad I'm not the only one that realized the theory behind image streaming can be used for tulpaforcing and personal development. I even made a guide that derived the techniques from Win Wenger as well in a thread with a google docs link here:

http://community.tulpa.info/thread-narration-linkzelda-s-guide-to-better-narration-storytelling-visualization

I even recorded a few narration/tulpaforcing sessions where I was image streaming while typing and using my mind's voice here:

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

For the sake of obviousness and thorough investigation: Can the person listening be a tulpa?

Yeah definitely! Though it might be different depending on what you actually do for image streaming (i.e. using a recorder, typing, or writing down what's streaming inside your mind).

I guess for the sake of being able to process what your tulpa is saying without having to worry about other tasks, typing or writing what they say during whatever streaming of images/clips/other forms of a virtual experiential reality you and the tulpa may share together can be done pretty easily with practice. Though I could imagine that most of the information being processed would be nonverbal communication through imagery and all.

Maybe if the host was taking the casual and slow route, but the idea behind image streaming is to get as many descriptions of what's occurring as fast as you can. So depending on the pace on which they're speaking and how you're processing what they're speaking, it may defeat the purpose of what the theory is with connecting cortical regions of the brain for more efficient visual prowess and other modes of developing cognition and metacognition. But I don't think absolving from a fast pace from time to time would affect anything tremendously.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Maybe this is unrelated, but Image Streaming for some reason reminds me of... well, reading. Like, reading something and getting the image of what you're reading to pop into your head. Which is why I thought of just writing as many details about what your tulpa looks like down as you can, and then reading it over and over until you've got the image you want in your head to work from.

Like I said though. Dunno if that's related.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

but what if, when i close my eyes, i see nothing but darkness? I have a vivid imagination while reading, but i have real troubles trying to make visualizations.... can someone help me with this?

It seems like, instead of visualizing things, you're just looking at the back of your eyelids and expecting to see things. That's not how it works. When I write 'a huge red apple' and that comes into your mind, that's visualization.

I know the feel, books feel like movies for me but then I can't even see my tulpa's face clearly. "Visualization" for people like us will be blurry and more feeling than seeing at first. Just stick with it and keep trying... And expect nothing, this stuff likes to happen on its own time. If all you can visualize is the idea and feeling of someone being there but not really see them, then that's how it is.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.