My tulpa can't choose a voice

LordV

The title is pretty self-explanatory.

Anyway, Tammy (my tulpa) has been with me for a couple months now. She's sentient and vocal, though not yet fully imposed.

The problem is that, while she is vocal, she can't figure out what she wants her voice to sound like. We've tried using the voices of celebrities and actresses, and she's tried making up her own voice. Neither option has worked.

When she uses the voice of an existing person/character, I always find myself visualizing that character instead of her. When she makes up her own voice, it always sounds fake and never remains consistent for more than a couple minutes. The only thing that is at all consistent is that her voice is vaguely feminine.

This is really annoying both of us, and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My tulpa

Name: Tammy

Sex: female

Species: Anthro (red fox)

Working on: imposition

Jira was like that for the longest time, having a voice in between Fluttershy, Mia from Gurren Lagann, and Misty from Pokemon. It's pretty much just a combination of all three nowadays. Quilten's voice is based on the voice of a guy at my high school I've talked to a few times, and I don't think that visualizing the person/people who's voices you base hers off of is a bad thing, as long as you keep yourself aware that it is HER talking. As well, another thing we used to do is they would say something, and I would register the words, which I would then imagine the person who's voice we were trying to emulate saying, and then my tupper would try to copy the tone and pattern as best they could. Concerning not being able to actually choose a voice, it sounds like your tulpa is really picky, and you need to find something that you both like and just stick to it no matter what, that's my advice.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

Guest Anonymous

I'm dealing with that situation as well. From time to time, I'll hear Buddy or Lady speaking to me using voices from Teen Titans. I just happen to watch that the other day and Lady favors Raven's voice, but I'm not sure about Buddy, he tried using Beast Boy's voice but I don't remember the last time he used it.

Well, I wouldn't call Tammy picky, per say, just indecisive (much like her host [a.k.a., me]). Anyway, we've finally decided to start using one voice. It still isn't staying very consistent, but hopefully it will improve with time.

My tulpa

Kevin says: "Nobillis used to sound like a 'southern belle', somewhere between Rarity and Applejack. Over a year of time that has changed as she has developed and now if I had to describe her voice I'd have to say she sounds a lot like Oguigi.

A voice will eventually emerge. Just be patient."

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

Yeah, we've been having similar difficulties. Though my signature may say Thunderfall is currently talking in a Southern accent, it's been hella inconsistent. It bounces around between my own voice in that accent, an extremely yokel version of it, and occasionally even Applejack. And sometimes it just completely drops out and he starts using my own voice again or just using a 'basic' American accent (if there is such a thing). He told me when he started using the accent a week or so ago that it was what he wanted to sound like, but I think he's just having trouble making it stick, for all I know he could change his mind again at some point and I don't want to force that voice on him if it starts wavering.

So I would say, like myself, just be patient. As long as Tammy and yourself are sure it's her speaking then all she probably needs is time and practice. I imagine picking a voice isn't easy when you can't project it in the physical world.

Thunderfall (goes by Thunder)

Male human

Melody

Female lamia

Thanks for the help guys. Good news is, she's chosen a voice (though it's still pretty wobbly). We might modify it a bit, but I think we've gotten something solid enough for the moment.

My tulpa

Thanks for the help guys. Good news is, she's chosen a voice (though it's still pretty wobbly). We might modify it a bit, but I think we've gotten something solid enough for the moment.

That's good news! Something I'm planning to do when I have time for active forcing again is to just sit down with Thunder and talk, having him repeat what he says if his chosen voice doesn't come out properly. Maybe that might help to reinforce it? Just as you often need to teach your tulpa to speak in the first place perhaps we need to teach them to use their voices.

Thunderfall (goes by Thunder)

Male human

Melody

Female lamia