How have you changed?

SkyeWint

How much have you changed in the time it took for your tulpa to become vocal?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. How much have you changed in the time it took for your tulpa to become vocal?

• Multiple full 180-degree shifts on major aspects of your beliefs/personality, many significant changes, many small changes.
    • At least one full 180-degree shift on a major aspect of your beliefs/personality, or many other significant changes. Also many small changes.
    • Many small changes, and at least one one significant change, such as altering your belief system or personality (normally friendly, now shy, or vice versa).
    • Many small changes.
    • Some small changes, such as changing perception of what a 'person' is.
    • No change from my normal personality/outlook on life.

The basis of this is very simple. On the IRC, I've noticed multiple people stating that they changed significantly immediately after making a tulpa. This is just asking: How much have YOU changed?

*Edit (14/12/2013): Note, on the poll, the time scale is "in the time it took your tulpa to become vocal". In the thread, please specify what scale you're referring to, such as "Since I started making my tulpa..." or "In the time it took us to possess..." or similar.

If you, like me, think is is unfair for Pleeb to pay all the site costs alone, please consider making a private grant to tulpa.info

>Resig if you agree!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got used to talking behind me, hearing something right after I fell, made a mistake, etc. It seemed like with someone around me, I got a bit more careful, and yet...open. I'm not as afraid to do the stranger things, nor do I have a taboo anymore.

Also, I learned I retain information at a frighteningly amazing rate if I have to explain it.

As a person, I have changed dramatically because of Silver. I've had her for around a year and a half and all this time with her has made me think on a completely different wavelength.

All the way through my journey with her I have asked and answered many questions, some simple and some deep. Also, she raises alot of philospophical ideas and other really deep stuff, it intruiges me that she is so smart and makes me think so extensively about everything, I feel great.

Overall I think having a Tulpa has made me a better person.

Name - Silver

Form - Harpy

Sentience - fully sentient

Personality - Playful, cheerful, enthusiastic, chilled

Smell - Baileys

Stage - Narration and imposition

I went from treating the tulpae phenomenon as a bit of an experiemental game I was playing, to taking it more seriously. I felt more seriousness when I got Raid's first response.

Name: Raid

Sentience: Confirmed

Working on: Vocality

Personality Traits: Is awesome a personality trait?

Form: 1. Pegasus Pony, with a flat, pink mane, and pink tail, and yellow coat. Also, blue eyes.

2. A blue-haired human (only encountered in dream so far)

I went from treating the tulpae phenomenon as a bit of an experiemental game I was playing, to taking it more seriously. I felt more seriousness when I got Raid's first response.

This sums up a good point.

When I started, this was all an experiment. Now it's all really serious, the relationship between me and Silver is really strong and I can't imagine life without her company and help.

Name - Silver

Form - Harpy

Sentience - fully sentient

Personality - Playful, cheerful, enthusiastic, chilled

Smell - Baileys

Stage - Narration and imposition

When I started, this was all an experiment. Now it's all really serious, the relationship between me and Silver is really strong and I can't imagine life without her company and help.

Yep, same thing here.

I also started as straight. Now I'm bisexual. So that's cool (yes, it's his fault.)

Thinking has become more of a discussion now that there's two of us.

Niteo and Amber Take On the World

Amber speaks in italics right now.

Talk to Niteo on here or on discord

We share the body, we share a life. I'm not an accessory to his life...

I developed my own meditative (not "forcing") methods of manifesting dream characters and thought-forms years ago, with minimal external influence and no knowledge of an impending internet subculture. But even without a tulpa, my isolated, mindful approach had its obvious benefits.

I've always sensed a sort of ubiquitous, observant 'double' extending from myself. However, when a proper tulpa (presumably the result of meditation and creative expression) started to emerge a few years ago, I was — to abuse a cliché — dragged down the rabbit hole.

Not that I hadn't been challenged by strange experiences and concepts before, but the tulpa managed to introduce me, both directly and indirectly, to a veritable wealth of existential bewilderment and disquieting circumstances. And with its/his "my way or the highway" modus operandi, I was forced to yield to his/its stated conditions or cope with a profound inner silence.

Unfortunately, my self-improvement did an aboutface when I decided I would do better to destroy the part of myself responsible for generating these insightful phantoms. In either case, the changes were swift and consuming.

Largely thanks to Luna's involvement, my social skills have improved by leaps and bounds over the past couple of years. I'm also generally more satisfied with my life now than I was a few years ago, and I'm generally happier as a result. I also seem to have gained a little self-confidence, which is something I've always found I lacked.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

My tulpas really helped me change for the better.

They helped me discover new things about myself, and helped me accept these things. Also, they helped me overcome a personal problem that stuck with me for years.

All these things made me more confident about myself, and in general now I'm happier.