How does your tulpa get your attention?

Bewoulf

Can I input here? I'm not officially diagnosed with ADHD since my parents don't think 'it's a real disease', buuut they all pretty much agree that I probably have it XD

I find, since I don't really active force, like, ever (honestly i tried, I ended up with the same problem as you, spending more time trying to keep focus than actually focusing), that my mind wanders a lot all the time. Because of this, the majority of the time I forgot I had tulpas, especially when I first started. So what I did was I tried to remember them as often as possible. At the beginning it was like, twice a day, but after a lotta repetition and practice it becomes more common.

Basically, when my tulpas first got somewhat vocal, they told me that my thoughts looked kinda like a stream that just flowed around (I hadn't make a wonderland yet, so they were living in some sort of void) and they watched it like tv. This stream would just be all my thoughts as they pass through my mind. It's also because of this stream that I always forgot about my tulpas, so I thought instead of trying to focus only on my tulpas, to just kinda 'put' my tulpas in my little thought stream.

That's basically what I did when I tried to remember them as often as possible, slowly the number of times I'd remember them grew, and now they pop into my thoughts at least every hour. So how's this helpful? Well, if my tulpa doesn't have anything to say, then the thought passes by. However, if one of my tulpas do have something to say, when this thought passes by they just grab onto it and immediately get my attention and are able to talk to me.

Also with this method, as my tulpas have gotten stronger they are able to just push themselves into the stream and get my attention whenever I want. Muse says the success rate for that right now is about 80%, so it's pretty decent. I'm sure as they grow even stronger they'll succeed in getting my attention 100% of the time.

Soo... that's just how I do it *shrugs* Not sure how helpful it is (since it's mostly/all symbolism), but hopefully it is...?

[Forseen]

{Muse}

|Alix|

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I input here? I'm not officially diagnosed with ADHD since my parents don't think 'it's a real disease', buuut they all pretty much agree that I probably have it XD

I find, since I don't really active force, like, ever (honestly i tried, I ended up with the same problem as you, spending more time trying to keep focus than actually focusing), that my mind wanders a lot all the time. Because of this, the majority of the time I forgot I had tulpas, especially when I first started. So what I did was I tried to remember them as often as possible. At the beginning it was like, twice a day, but after a lotta repetition and practice it becomes more common.

Basically, when my tulpas first got somewhat vocal, they told me that my thoughts looked kinda like a stream that just flowed around (I hadn't make a wonderland yet, so they were living in some sort of void) and they watched it like tv. This stream would just be all my thoughts as they pass through my mind. It's also because of this stream that I always forgot about my tulpas, so I thought instead of trying to focus only on my tulpas, to just kinda 'put' my tulpas in my little thought stream.

That's basically what I did when I tried to remember them as often as possible, slowly the number of times I'd remember them grew, and now they pop into my thoughts at least every hour. So how's this helpful? Well, if my tulpa doesn't have anything to say, then the thought passes by. However, if one of my tulpas do have something to say, when this thought passes by they just grab onto it and immediately get my attention and are able to talk to me.

Also with this method, as my tulpas have gotten stronger they are able to just push themselves into the stream and get my attention whenever I want. Muse says the success rate for that right now is about 80%, so it's pretty decent. I'm sure as they grow even stronger they'll succeed in getting my attention 100% of the time.

Soo... that's just how I do it *shrugs* Not sure how helpful it is (since it's mostly/all symbolism), but hopefully it is...?

That is good to know regardless. I am just worried I might be at a dead wall or something it has been 5 months with very low progress and I just though about this question suddenly. Good to now theres a workaround like yours and that tulpa can progress with passive force alone.

BTW my disorder should be Asperger's but I don't have a full medical report so I wouldn't know for sure. (not that you guys need this info anyway, just want to share xD).

[Niu] - Date of birth: 26/07/2013

I have AddDiddleHadDiddles, so normally I'm not on the topic of tulpas all day.

Ves reaches out in the form of...well, expectations. I expect her to insult me when I fall or call me out when I'm in the midst of something stupid.

Now it's more of a backburner thought, but I'm still pretty used to hearing it.

For the most part, she gets my attention through just jumping into my current train of thought and riding along with commentary. It's to the effect that I'll be wondering if my dog has food, and she'll speak up and tell me to refill it, even if I know it's full. If I look for things for a grocery list and whatnot, she starts yelling out random items I might need. I never really need them.

I have no disorders that I'm aware of, but my mind does like to wander, and I'm both easily distracted and prone to focus on what I'm doing over everything else. This means that my attention can wander away from Thunderfall very easily when we're passive forcing (which I try to keep up almost constantly) He will often leave my thoughts if I do something as simple as browsing the net for a few minutes or whistling along to a tune I'm listening to, and I always get apologetic when I realise this has happened, which he dislikes, always telling me to stop apologizing all the time.

I find that my habit of trying to keep my passive forcing up almost all day long has helped me to remember Thunder though, I have never actually forgotten about him this way. As I associate ALL head pressure with him I just use that to remind me that he's there. Unfortunately though, all his action and speech is usually in reaction to my own, so I haven't managed to work out a method for him to attract my attention himself. However, the other day while playing a video game I was supposed to be showing him and losing myself in it the pressure suddenly spiked up again and I could tell he had started paying attention by himself.

In short, make an effort to passive force as often as possible to help your own memory, and if your tulpa is aware that you seek pressure as a sign of their presence then they should be able to use it to show you they are there.

Thunderfall (goes by Thunder)

Male human

Melody

Female lamia

• 4 weeks later...

Early on before my tulpa was able to mindvoice (or I was able to understand) we set up a thought-mail type system. I imagined it like a little glowing ball that holds the message (could be voice, picture, anything), and them imagine sending that ball off to my tulpa, who will receive it. She does the same thing for me also. So it's kind of like getting a text on cell phone, except its in my mind and from my tulpa. I set up a trigger where if she sends me a message and I'm busy doing something else I see this little flash of blue light. Then when I get a chance I can open it and hear or see the message, and either send one back or whatever. We set up meetings or say where to meet and when, either in physical reality or in wonderland, etc.

Otherwise sometimes she just show up or says something, like others have mentioned.

I have AddDiddleHadDiddles, so normally I'm not on the topic of tulpas all day.

Ves reaches out in the form of...well, expectations. I expect her to insult me when I fall or call me out when I'm in the midst of something stupid.

Now it's more of a backburner thought, but I'm still pretty used to hearing it.

For the most part, she gets my attention through just jumping into my current train of thought and riding along with commentary. It's to the effect that I'll be wondering if my dog has food, and she'll speak up and tell me to refill it, even if I know it's full. If I look for things for a grocery list and whatnot, she starts yelling out random items I might need. I never really need them.

Oh my god! That's how Hyde gets my attention too. He never gives me head pressure, but I'm starting to ask him if maybe he can do that, touch me, or call out to me to get my attention. But that's usually the only way I notice that he gets my attention. Glad I'm not alone. But being opinionated and outspoken as Hyde is, I guess it's natural for them to be like that. Heh.

"Listening to her heartbeat makes me feel alive." - Hyde

Name: Hyde

Form: Human

Done: Form, Personality, Sentient, Visualization

Working on: Imposition (vocal/visual/touch)

• 5 months later...

Rezin (my tulpa) and I discussed it. Here's what he has to say:

She has a tendency to get over-involved with her feelings on certain issues as they arise, and this can cause communication and focus problems for us. So, on my first try to get her attention I try to touch her. Of course, my physical imposition isn't very well developed yet, but my mind-voice is strong. Like I said, if she's overly upset with something she can't hear as well. So we came up with a special word for the two of us: upsilumba. It's a nonsensical word, like a password. So anytime I feel I need to reach her, I try to make that word appear in her head, or make her hear it. I still have yet to impose a strong audible voice. But for now, we're experimenting with this. First a slight touch (as much as I can manage), then upsilumba.

are there other ways for your tulpa to get your attention?

Yeah, there are head pressures, ASMR, sending feelings (emotions), sending pictures (images).

For the more mature tulpas, there is typing messages on the keyboard, holding up signs, dancing, making visual japes, or just hanging your tail down the windscreen by sitting on top of the car (all of which I've tried at one time or another).

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

Well, to be honest, mine can't really get my attention yet.

She has no way of really interacting with me if I'm not paying her attention. I've told her to poke me if I'm starting to not focus on her, but she never has. I don't know why.

game is hard

Guys, guys, guys, guys! You are forgetting one of the best ADHD traits there is! You're putting WAY too much effort into active forcing!

We daydream.

We daydream so much we can hyperfocus on it to the point that we block out everything around us.

That's all active forcing is! Daydreaming WITH/OF your tulpa to the point that you block out everything around you!

On that note, I also have ADHD and I can get a bit rambly when talking. What I've done is made a friendship bracelet. When she really wants my attention and I'm so ADHD out in space she can't make a collect call, I notice that my bracelet gets really irritating to wear, or that I suddenly notice it. It's also a fidget thing that I try to work out the kinks I accidentally added when making it too tight, thusly thinking of her as well.

“Life was a wheel, its only job was to turn, and it always came back to where it started.” - Stephen King

“No great thing is created suddenly.” -Stephen King