My first Tulpa session

Guest Azkanan

Guest Azkanan

So first off, let me say that after reading about Tulpa-forming, I realise I've very often visit my only little "world" when I'm in the bath. I relax and imagine a white space, where I bring people from the real world, that I know, and introduce them to this place.

I have since look over a few of the guides for pointers.

Just now, I went in the bath and attempted my first Tulpa Session, as below (Sorry for short-hand!)

I'd appreciate any comments, suggestions, theories or explanations on the below (It happened across about an hour).

I am in a White area.

I go through a door, handling the doorknob.

I begin to form my "paradise", a Seaside beach.

I spend some time interacting with the sand, feeling it under my feet, and feeling my skin prickle to the sunshine.

I Hear the waves, then see waves going in and out, taking note of the waves crashing in, the water running forward, the water falling back and a new wave striking.

I lay down on the sand and feel a bump under my hand. (This part was me attempting to force my Tulpa incorrectly:)

I dig out the egg and handle it, feeling its weight.

The Egg hatches and its form changes several times as I try to suddenly realise what it may or may not be.

I realise how erratic this thing is and feel that it is not going to work.

It becomes a rabbit several times, then runs away.

I focus on a hovering ball.

The ball turns mule brown.

The Ball's form changes into different forms, slowly at first, turns blue then quickly changes between different forms. I attempt to control it, as I have a singular form in mind. I am indecisive.

It changes across a spectrum of familiar creatures to me; dragons, lizards, several dinosaurs, mammalian creatures.

The form begins to erratically change swinging about wildly, neck changing length, arms and legs flailing into different shapes, whipping about.

I reset it, command it, to a black marble.

I touch the marble, it sticks to me like a suction pad, then softly whips back to the marble, ripples lapping about the thing like a ball of black liquid.

The black marble turns human pink.

Forms into a small girl, floating.

My mind races as it attempts to form her face, eyelashes, eyes, eyebrows. I get a small ache in my head.

I begin to destabilize. I take control and make her faceless.

My mind begins to try to dress her, I imagine her naked. I see she has brown hair in a ponytail with a fringe and a green hair bobble.

She is floating in the air, palms outwards and arms at her side, out a little.

I look at her. She is then playing in the sand, crouched down. I ask her what she is doing.

She looks over at me, then continues to play with the sand.

I see she is putting it into a small heap.

She looks up at me, runs over to me, and hugs my leg. Then she is crouched down again, playing with the sand.

I reinforce the environment, taking in the sights and sounds.

I imagine her floating again so I can reinforce how she looks, her appearance. She is playing in the sand again.

I ask her to stay still so I can look at her. She does for a short while, before playing in the sand again.

I call her "Darling" several times and explain to her that I have to leave for a while. She looks at me, listening. I point to the door in the side of the small cliff behind me and explain that it takes me to my world, and that she is not to go through it unless I tell her to. I tell her again i will return shortly.

She plays in the sand. I look around, taking in the sights and sounds of the waves and notice a beach across the way, an island, a few mile away.

I turn around and focus on the door. I open the door. Inside is black, as I step through, I begin to fall. I pull myself back out and imagine a lighter darkness on the floor where the light sheds. I step through and close the door behind me, then open my eyes.

While I love how you wrote your log and the detail you put into it, you might want to slow yourself down a bit.

Start out just focusing on either the personality or the wonderland (the latter without the tulpa itself).

Another thing you might want to be careful to avoid is something known as "parroting". When you enter this place in your mind and "make" her do these things, it isn't her that is responding, it's you that is making her respond. If you invent these responses for her, you might accidentally deny her sentience.

I know this sounds boring, but when you're working on her, try to avoid having your subconscious make her respond and react. You'll get into that a bit later. For now, focus on the feelings you want her to have, the emotions, the general concept without building a body for her yet.

While I love how you wrote your log and the detail you put into it, you might want to slow yourself down a bit.

Start out just focusing on either the personality or the wonderland (the latter without the tulpa itself).

Another thing you might want to be careful to avoid is something known as \"parroting\". When you enter this place in your mind and \"make\" her do these things, it isn't her that is responding, it's you that is making her respond. If you invent these responses for her, you might accidentally deny her sentience.

I know this sounds boring, but when you're working on her, try to avoid having your subconscious make her respond and react. You'll get into that a bit later. For now, focus on the feelings you want her to have, the emotions, the general concept without building a body for her yet.

That's the thing though, I wasn't doing anything. I just wanted to study how she looked, to memorise her, to fortify her image in my mind.

She's the one that kept running off and doing things. When I looked at what she was doing with the sand, I didn't intimate it to be anything, I just looked.

With her reactions, I made sure that I didn't "make" her do anything. I've had a bit of schooling with doing this in my previous mind games with the white space. If anything, she just kept slipping off to do things... :S

That's why I left in the end, because I couldn't keep her still. Suggestions?

I'm not sure if this counts as tulpaforcing. It's more like a visit with your tulpa in your wonderland. Just because it's not necessarily "work" doesn't mean it's not constructive, I think it's important to build a bond with your tulpa where you enjoy seeing them and like to visit them in the wonderland. These sessions are nothing close to detrimental.

However...

I would consider this a preemptive session. Although it's well and good that you've identified a form, and made your wonderland, and to me it looks like you have excellent control over your ability to visualize and imagine things, which is useful. It seems like this was pretty fun for you, which is even better. These sessions are okay to do, but let me warn you about parroting: This is when your imagination or you move the tulpa, and the tulpa is not moving itself. Your tulpa has no sentience yet, I'm afraid. Moving her around like a doll is going to end in a lack of sentience.

In addition, typically what you should do is delve into personality before working with the visuals. Why, you ask? Because the personality is the base for sentience to grow, and it will result in sentience growing quicker. You don't want the personality to be affected by the form. You need to really think about the tulpa as a disembodied sentience. Talk to her, flesh out her traits in whatever method you please, but don't skip personality. After you've done personality, you can revisit these sessions and your own head space, but just make sure the tulpa moves as your ability to visualize her gets better and better. You can move, you can change the scenery, but don't move the tulpa.

If you want to know how to keep her still, use the Prism guide on the guides page. It's helped a lot of people, apparently. (I've never used it as I have never needed to)

That's about it, I guess.

I'm not sure if this counts as tulpaforcing. It's more like a visit with your tulpa in your wonderland. Just because it's not necessarily \"work\" doesn't mean it's not constructive, I think it's important to build a bond with your tulpa where you enjoy seeing them and like to visit them in the wonderland. These sessions are nothing close to detrimental.

However...

I would consider this a preemptive session. Although it's well and good that you've identified a form, and made your wonderland, and to me it looks like you have excellent control over your ability to visualize and imagine things, which is useful. It seems like this was pretty fun for you, which is even better. These sessions are okay to do, but let me warn you about parroting: This is when your imagination or you move the tulpa, and the tulpa is not moving itself. Your tulpa has no sentience yet, I'm afraid. Moving her around like a doll is going to end in a lack of sentience.

In addition, typically what you should do is delve into personality before working with the visuals. Why, you ask? Because the personality is the base for sentience to grow, and it will result in sentience growing quicker. You don't want the personality to be affected by the form. You need to really think about the tulpa as a disembodied sentience. Talk to her, flesh out her traits in whatever method you please, but don't skip personality. After you've done personality, you can revisit these sessions and your own head space, but just make sure the tulpa moves as your ability to visualize her gets better and better. You can move, you can change the scenery, but don't move the tulpa.

If you want to know how to keep her still, use the Prism guide on the guides page. It's helped a lot of people, apparently. (I've never used it as I have never needed to)

That's about it, I guess.

Ah, I see what you mean by parroting now! I had noticed that the girl was only reacting when I was noticing her, as opposed to otherwise.

I also didn't realise that personality was supposed to come before visualisation - too much darned High Fantasy, Wizardry and Golems. :lol:

Thanks for the heads up. :)