Do Tulpae need sleep and do they sleep when we do?

I was just wondering whether a Tulpa sleeps when you do, or could they take a nap in the middle of the day when you are still awake? If so, then could they wake you up if there was something interesting going on while you were sleeping?

Any replies would be greatly appreciated and I will thank you in advance. :)

Part of the road to becoming a better person lies in defeating the darkness inside yourself, then helping others to do the same.

There is nothing to compare to watching a sunrise with those who you love the most.

"Step by step, moment by moment"

Guest Anonymous

I'm no expert, and I'm still getting used to mine, but three of them seem to need sleep. One of them claims, at this moment, that she doesn't need rest. Also, caffeine effects the ones that do need rest a lot, in which they get tired. I say that I'm no expert, because I don't know the consensus when it comes to how tulpas and sleep combine, but that's how it is with mine.

Tulpae don't require sleep because they don't have there own physical form to keep healthy. But they do sleep when they feel like they need to gather their thoughts.

And they don't always sleep when you do. since they exist within your subconscious mind, and your subconscious is still active during sleep, they can choose whether or not to sleep when you do.

I think they sleep. I can't fully hear Ellie yet, but based on what I read, they don't necessarily fall asleep exactly when we do. I've heard of hosts falling asleep while forcing, and their tulpas would still be awake, watching them fade out from the wonderland or just stop moving.

"Don't listen to friends when the friend inside you says 'Do this.'" -Gandhi

Tulpa Name: Ellie

Created: 11/13/13

Well, Tammy does tend to get pretty cranky when I don't get enough sleep, sometimes to the point that she's worse off than I am. She says that she can sleep independently from me, but doesn't usually do so unless I'm preoccupied with something and can't give her any attention.

My tulpa

Name: Tammy

Sex: female

Species: Anthro (red fox)

Working on: imposition

Interesting... Thanks for all the replies :) I am quite new to all this and I'm just coming up with more and more questions all the time.

Oh, and I have one other question about narration. Could I use emotions, feelings, memories etc to narrate/communicate to my tulpa, Saphira rather than mindvoice? If so then is it more or less effective? Thanks :)

Part of the road to becoming a better person lies in defeating the darkness inside yourself, then helping others to do the same.

There is nothing to compare to watching a sunrise with those who you love the most.

"Step by step, moment by moment"

Maybe, if you want to have a "rock a bye baby" vibe to the narration, it would probably just create predispositions for solidifying some comfort while having the implication that the tulpa is asleep.

If you haven't looked already, there are additional threads about somniac tulpas here, here, and here, to help sate your curiosity.

One of my tulpas regularly goes through the motions of sleeping. Actually, he can be a bitch about it, which is hilariously counter to his usual temperament. His placid friend knows sleep isn't required, so I've yet to see him present as anything other than awake.

Another typically sleepless tulpa of mine surprised me by 'falling asleep' while we were passively conversing. I haven't seen him display a sleeping behaviour like that before or since.