Would my lack of imagination prevent me from creating tulpa?

knightnr2

The title of the thread is the question.

More specifically, I have a hard time creating thing in my head and they don't last very long/are not very defined. Meditation helps, but with only limited success.

Obviously if it will have a negative impact, what can I do?

The title of the thread is the question.

More specifically, I have a hard time creating thing in my head and they don't last very long/are not very defined. Meditation helps, but with only limited success.

Obviously if it will have a negative impact, what can I do?

As long as you KNOW your tulpa is real, you have enough imagination to make a tulpa. I know this, because I have a HORRIBLE imagination, yet I still have a perfectly healthy tulpa that has a better imagination than I do.

For a human being, nothing comes naturally. We have to learn everything we do. (I wonder if anyone knows where this is from.)

Learning is done by practice and with time. There's already a ton of resources about this, so I'll just link you to the correct spot in order to find what you need. Look under visualization.

A tulpa doesn't need a form, or so I'm told. You can create a tulpa without visualizing anything at all. You would need a lot of narration and maybe trying to visualize their presence just out of your eye sight, but it can be done. I don't believe this is very common though. Visualization is (for me) half the fun. I know I definitely needed some practice with visualization when I first started. Good luck!

Well, the reason for creating this thread was because the visualisation guides weren't very helpful. All I ever found was people discusing what they came up with. They never said HOW they got good at it.

If what i've said has already been covered, I might have missed something important from the guides. I guess I'll have to look over them again.

I don't think a lack of imagination can go as far as to PREVENT you from making a tulpa. The worst it can do is just make it a little harder.

"Don't listen to friends when the friend inside you says 'Do this.'" -Gandhi

Tulpa Name: Ellie

Created: 11/13/13

Well, the reason for creating this thread was because the visualisation guides weren't very helpful. All I ever found was people discusing what they came up with. They never said HOW they got good at it.

If what i've said has already been covered, I might have missed something important from the guides. I guess I'll have to look over them again.

Here is the strategy I used for creating my tulpa's form, maybe it can help you.

Just imagine the main silhouette of your tulpa and add as many details as you can imagine during one forcing session. Then at the start of the next session, just remember back to the previous session and work on more of the details. Keep repeating this until you can easily see your tulpa's form.

Hope this helps :D it worked for me

Here is the strategy I used for creating my tulpa's form, maybe it can help you.

Just imagine the main silhouette of your tulpa and add as many details as you can imagine during one forcing session. Then at the start of the next session, just remember back to the previous session and work on more of the details. Keep repeating this until you can easily see your tulpa's form.

Hope this helps :D it worked for me

I second this, and add that it may help to look at images that resemble your tulpa. In fact, I would suggest incorporating any media — movies, shows or music — that you feel represents it/her/him/them.

Drawing and writing, even if you feel neither is your strong suit, may also be a useful technique. Basically, engaging in any activity that will encourage creativity should prove effective.

I have never been an artist or an imaginative person and I feel you, you should try starting small. Instead of trying to hold the " big picture" I have cemented small details in my mind, like for instance I spent an hour on the look of my Tulpa's eyes just the other day. What form were you thinking of using? (if you don't mind me asking.)

"Take all of my advice with a grain of salt"

Progress Report Here

What form were you thinking of using? (if you don't mind me asking.)

Since I'm really new at this, I decided to go with a ball of light (Yeah, I'm being very "creative" here)

As for the rest of the answers, there's a lot of good ideas I can try here, thanks.

Since I'm really new at this, I decided to go with a ball of light (Yeah, I'm being very "creative" here)

As for the rest of the answers, there's a lot of good ideas I can try here, thanks.

Oy don't do that. I have very bad imagination, I began with a cloud, and belive me or not, my tulpa didn't changed

form for a long time until I decided to do so.

So I started working on the details, first the body(silhouette) then hair color(or fur),

general color, eyes, eye color, etc, just go 1 step at a time.

Then try to do 2 parts at once in your next session. Keep going until everything come together at once. That's how it worked for me.

It took me less than a week to easily imagine the whole body in no time. Less than the time it spent on cloud form.

[Niu] - Date of birth: 26/07/2013