Smelling aid?

I plan to have my tulpa smell smoke. Would burning matches in my room prior to tulpaforcing his smell be an awful idea? I think it may help speed the process, but fear i may not be able to visualise him without it. While i'm here: when FAQman says "Okay, anyway go about your life. Talk to your tulpa while you're going about your business say anything really." in his 'Sentience, Narration and Voice' segment, does he mean to speak audibly, or mentally? And while on the subject of him, does anyone know what inspired him to leave? Thanks to all in advance.

his name is vapes.

For the smoke thing, I have no clue and never heard of anyone even considering that. You may as well try it, I think the most that would happen would be your tulpa telling you to stop using it, but, from reading about some tulpae here, I don't think they're even aware of your body until you consent it to them, so it might not even smell it.

You can narrate either way, but speaking out loud leads to quicker sentience. You can do both and it'll be fine however. Just make sure to talk TO the tulpa, not just to yourself. You may start out feeling like you're talking to yourself, but just keep focusing on your tulpa and it's presence and it'll start to feel more natural. This shouldn't take long to catch on.

And FAQ man just hates computers.

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012

Thanks loads, Bin.

i will give the smoke a shot then, (unless i see someone advise against it here), and pray that it does not become a necessary crutch.

i will also narrate verbally more, (likely causing social issues). i know i won't have trouble talking to the tulpa and not my conscious mind, but worry i may have trouble hearing it reply. tho i did once mentally hear my subconscious by complete accident, years ago. thot it was a demon until Nemo showed me this.

his name is vapes.

Actually, the smoke would be really useful. Scent leaves a really strong imprint on humans (have you ever smelled something and was immediate reminded of a fond memory, or a favourite place? Or even a memory/place you don't want to be reminded of?), and since it can be very strongly linked with memories, it might actually help with visualization.

On the subject of FAQ, I have no idea, and was wondering this myself.

thanks for the encouragement regarding smoke, gyd. i haven't even begun forcing yet, so i've still got a ways to go before then, but i now know what to do when i reach that point.

i will be gone for two weeks, so sorry, but i don't bank on being able to respond to any more replies until then.

his name is vapes.

It can be both.

Dane left because he apparently had to do something he had put off for many years to better himself. We've not heard from him since, though his account's "Last Active" date has been updated a couple of times in the meanwhile.

• 3 weeks later...