Question about smell

dead_aim_save

So I've read people suggesting to force a smell on my Tupla. The thing is, I can't "create" a smell in my brain at will. On the other hand, I can hear music or 'feel' textures by thinking about it but I can't make myself smell anything, even trying to smell rotten eggs or anything really strong.

How do I get past this to give my Tupla a smell? I'd like her to have a mix of natural human and perfume smell but I can't force it. I can force the feeling of hair and skin easily though. Any tips? Thank you!

My suggestion; force around a smell that you would like her to have. for instance, if you wanted her to smell, say, spiced orange, get a candle with that smell. apart from that, you could introduct your tulpa to a variety of commonplace- and not so common- human smells, and let it choose its own.

-Creative one-liner here-

-Comment about a user here-

-tulpa Progress report here-

-symbol here-

-more text-

-Quote #2-

Try starting simply. The next time you force create for yourself some objects that would normally carry a strong smell. eg: an orange, a freshly laundered piece of clothing, coffee, tea, ect.

After this slowly work on making these items real to the senses you're good with. after the object is as "real" to you as possible, try smelling it. Without "forcing" the smell your subconscious should try to fill it in for you, based on your memories of these objects. The key here should be to relax and let the smell come to you, just as if the item were it's real world counterpart.

In the event that it doesn't work for you, you can try to force the smell. to do this, try not to think of how the object should smell or how to force that perception; focus on your memory of smelling that item. Try to live in that memory and smell it like you did in the memory. Then, smell the item you forced while thinking about how it smelled in your memories. that should provide the scent.

eg: I force a sweater that smells like the laundry detergent i use. I am unable to smell it, so i think about the last time i washed my clothes. I remember taking the clothes from the machine and burying my face in them, pulling in a big breath of the smell. i think about how i felt when i smelled the clothes, for me the smell of fresh laundry makes me feel happy and a little more relaxed. I move back to the wonderland and smell the sweater i made while thinking about the laundry soap i used, or i tell myself i just finished washing the sweater and it therefore should smell like the rest of my clothes.

Let me know if it helps.

"The way is in training."

- Miyamoto Musashi

Do like it was written above, but in the first few times, help it with a real one. For example, if you want an orange smell, bring an actual orange and smell it while forcing. It will probably help.

Name: Kaya

Form: Teen girl, about 1,65m, black hair

Date of Creation: 11/27/13

Progress Report