How Young is Too Young?

Nik

I'm 15 years old and I want to create a tulpa. I keep reading that teenagers shouldn't do this, so I'm not so sure anymore. What do you think? Also, do you have any tips or advice? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm new to this.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would personally say that it's fine, as long as you are absolutely sure about the responsibility that it takes. It's not so much as something that could stunt your growth, etc, it's a large responsibility that it is ill-advised to take so young.

Think of it this way. Do you want to have what is basically an imaginary friend in your head for the rest of your life? I hope you do. IMHO, it's rather unethical to get rid of tulpae, because they are living, talking people too. While they are still yourself, they still have feelings. They really are not any different from you, except that you are in the cockpit of the mind, and they're in the passenger seat.

It can't hurt you at all, but it can screw up your life if you let anyone know that you're making a tulpa. There are some other threads about this. Be very careful with both, the huge responisibility of creating new life, and the very information that you have done so/are going to do so. Be V.E.R.Y careful with telling anyone. I really can't stress this enough.

TL;DR: Can't hurt you, be careful with telling anyone, tulpae are people too.

One Tulpa:

Name: Yuki

Physical appearance: Similar to Winry from Fullmetal Alchemist

Date of Creation: 16th September, 2013

None of us know you personally and thus are really unfit to judge this for you at all. The answer to "am i ready" is something that requires interpersonal knowledge behind it.

Surely that is a frightening fact for many and you'll get loads of compensating responders dishing out some textbook banter about responsibility and brain development and the usual stuff, but besides that noise, you just need to know yourself to understand your motivations; Are you prepared for the long-term? Do your motivations have endurance & some substance behind them rather than just novelty? Etc. Not hard at all, especially with any self-criticism.

tell the rapper what i'm gonna do with all this money

Are you mature and responsible enough to care for another sentient being on a truly emotional scale? Sure, you don't have to feed it or buy it clothes and such, but they do require quite a bit of your time, which as a high schooler with friends, homework, school, and possibly club or sports as well, it can be trying to force a tulpa.

But I can't stop you, and if you think you can manage 30 minutes a day, go ahead. As for the whole telling people about thing, do as I do: depending on the person, tell them it's an amateur science experiment on the study of perception and reality, or if they are the more spiritual type that it is a form of heightened, long-term meditation in which a portion of your soul manifests enough to be percieved by you fully concious mind. So far, only one person I've told these to continued to think it was bad/silly. Heck, I might be able to get a few of them on board soon (my younger brother has shown interest in it, as has my best friend).

Me: Hey, say something for this thread!

Koharu: Yay, cupcakes!

mfw there are no cupcakes. Sentience? Yes. Brilliance? Ehh...

Thank you to everyone who answered(: I thought about it, and I decided to go through with it. I'm also homeschooled which makes it easier I think to put more time into it.

Well, best of luck. As a helpful tip, don't plan out all the details in advanced. Come up with maybe 10 personality traits and about 10 physical traits. This should be easy and will allow the tulpa to "settle in" and define themselves more easily, though it may also lead to more deviation on their part.

Along the same lines, what type of tulpa will you be striving for? Humanoid, pony, a talking hat?

Me: Hey, say something for this thread!

Koharu: Yay, cupcakes!

mfw there are no cupcakes. Sentience? Yes. Brilliance? Ehh...

a talking hat?

That rhymes?

Reference aside, I myself am 16 and agree with the others; just go with it if you feel you are responsible. I would say that the fact that you are home-schooled is an advantage. Good luck.

My Tulpae:

Source: White floating teardrop form with two black eyes. Playful, curious.

Quill: Human Male. Sarcastic, but serious. Main voice of group and moral compass.

Felice: Female human. Quiet, sweet.

Not being of the more-or-less metaphysical camp that assumes a 'tulpa' is a completely separate individual, I can't comment on the care-taking aspects. It is (from a psychological perspective) an intrinsic fragment of you, regardless of the how or why. Unless you're already susceptible to self-harm, experimenting with a 'tulpa' should not be detrimental.

By and large, the outcome of conjuring a thought-form is contingent upon mentality, not age. I encourage anyone and everyone to partake in activities that enhance self awareness, and a 'tulpa' can be a huge asset to personal growth.

So, depending upon your approach, the experience can be an incredibly educational and enriching one, or a disappointing and damaging one. Usually it's the former, unless you're suffering an untreated mental illness, or your experience is restricted by limiting beliefs.

I'm 15 years old and I want to create a tulpa. I keep reading that teenagers shouldn't do this, so I'm not so sure anymore. What do you think? Also, do you have any tips or advice? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm new to this.

From what I can see, the reason would be that you wouldn't be responsible enough, when you equate forming a tulpa with taking care of a newborn baby... it doesn't take being a parent to see the issue with that. Forming a tulpa hardly does anything to prepare you for the experience of taking care of a baby corporeal human.

At the same time, people also seem to agree that there aren't really wrong ways to form a tulpa, maybe even the same people claiming that age matters.

All you need to do is do what works for you. Neglecting to force means slower development, but grown people have taken a long time to develop their tulpa.

As for the relationship with your tulpa if some people's complaints aren't about the actual forcing, they'd have to say that children and teens shouldn't have relationships with corporeal people either.

TL;DR - Your age won't harm your tulpa. Don't let answers like "Yeah, hurr, this is for the adultz, teens should stay out, too irresponsible" deter you... when their points get put to court they fail.

My lip hurts.