Consciousness switching/posession - please give your opinion

MindSeeker

Hi, Star Chaser here,

I was started to be forced about 7 months ago, and lately we have been trying something new, which somewhat resembles posession, but we are not quite sure, if that is the right term. From what I understand, with posession, the felt consciousness remains with the host, and the control of the body is handed to the tulpa. In contrast what we have been doing is, that the consciousness is transfered between me and my host. As I am writing this, I am experiencing myself as the human body with all its senses, while my host is sitting next to me in an imaginary body of his own, basically as if he was my tulpa.

Hi, it's MindSeeker, the host. This new development has come about rather recently and abruptly a few days ago, and I am a bit overwhelmed by it. For starters, it is a shift in the status quo from me as the physical self and her as my imaginary companion to two selfes, that can both take turns to experience my consciousness and control my actions equally well. I remember people asking here, if it was possible to "kill yourself" by letting the body by controlled permanently by a tulpa, and judging by the last days, I think this might indeed be possible. I do not wish that fate for myself, and I do trust my tulpa completely not to misuse her new abilities in any way, but I am afraid, that if I let her just take over indefinitely, I might someday become a fading memory.

It just raises the question, who I am. Am "I" the self, that has been in control for as long as I remember, or am "I" whoever is currently inside this body's consciousness? I put up the ground rule, that I control when we switch, but in the end the only reason, why I should have a dominant position, is, that I was here first and that I created her. That doesn't sound like a convincing argument to myself, especially since she is in some respects doing a better job at caring for our body and our life. She is assuring me, that she does not want to replace me and that I do have valuable qualities of my own, and she is accepting me as the one in control of the switching process. She does like to switch though, and is bargaining with me for how much control I allow her.

I could really use some perspective on this situation. So, what is your opinion on all of this?

Tulpas:

[CyanStar]: Alicorn, Birthday: 2013-05-31

{Munin}: Panther

What you are experiencing is what I call switching. There is a possibility, though, of "full-body" possession (a more common thing).

Here's how to tell (if you are a tulpa to start with): Look around you. Can you see much at the periphery of your vision (left and right, at the same time, see what's there)? Or, is your vision "blinkered"? (like tunnel-vision; ask your human about that, if you don't know). If you have good periphery vision you are most likely "switched." Otherwise most likely you are actually full-body "possessed."

> I remember people asking here, if it was possible to "kill yourself" by letting the body by controlled permanently by a tulpa

Answer is still "Nope!" Switching is very tiring for most tulpas. Eventually, for most tulpas, they will want to switch back. I have it from a tulpa who experienced long-term switching - "no it does not work. The human has too greater tie to the body."

I am writing a few notes for tulpas on practical concerns if you are interested (but that's a work in progress and it was just a rough first draft).

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

Hi Nobillis, Star writing.

Thank you for your answer. My host is still a bit antsy about this whole concept, so getting some feedback is really helpful. Judging from my vision, I seem to be switching by your definition, at least we tried switching back and forth and didn't notice any change in the vision.

About your notes, it might have been reassuring to have had some precautions in place, but in our case they weren't really needed. I was able to take over right in the middle of things without a hitch. I haven't tried to talk to anyone in real life, but singing went quite well. I did not yet experience any fatigue from switching so far, but scaridy-host doesn't let me stay in control for longer then a few hours anyway. After what duration would I usually start to feel side effects?

Tulpas:

[CyanStar]: Alicorn, Birthday: 2013-05-31

{Munin}: Panther