I'm confused about how exactly I should visualize the tulpa

vidoxi

When you're first starting out, how exactly should you visualize the tulpa? Visualizing it blinking, stretching, walking, looking at things, etc, would be puppeting, and that is normally undesired, correct? So should it just be static, and do nothing that's not on it's own? That can't be right, because how else does it become accustom to moving it's limbs and making expressions and things like that?

Lol this question is probably really elementary and dumb. I'm so sorry.

If you want to know where to actually start, I would recommend finding activities that forces you to be open and aware of all sorts of imagery that pops into your head. That way, you'll see how you don't really have to "start" finding ways on visualizing when it's more of a matter of just being aware of your ability to do so already.

You could start by narrating, and I made a guide submission here that you could check out if you wanted to. It's still in revision, but you can try out the first exercise in section 2.1.

The idea is to just get into the habit of being open to as much imagery as possible, that way you'll start seeing how with practice, everything starts streaming in better. There wouldn't be a challenge on where to start since you just have to think about a few things and let your mind take you into an experiential virtual reality that can help with tulpaforcing or just personal things non-related to that.

I plan to explain why it may be useful in the near future, but that's just one option you can take.

The other option is to take what you stated in your OP and actually go through the motions. There's no "standard" or "exact" way to visualize. There have been threads where people were concerned on words with "supposed to do," "it says you have to do..." and so on.

Don't get into that mindset that things must be performed in a chronological or "ideal" fashion. Find a routine that works for you, even if it involves making a mixture of methods, and that is when you can start doing things linearly because you know it'll get you to the end result.

On 1/5/2014 at 2:03 PM, vidoxi said:

When you're first starting out, how exactly should you visualize the tulpa? Visualizing it blinking, stretching, walking, looking at things, etc...?

Pretty much, yeah, these simple things, though I was afraid that's puppeting at first - as Linkzelda said - I tried to be more open to her. Once I visualized her standing next to me at the bus stop, I looked away while narrating and when I looked back she was embracing my arm with hers (I don't know how to write that), while her head was on my shoulder. Try doing simple things and when the idea of her doing something different comes to your mind, it's most likely her/him.

Edited by Mel Syreth
Typo and spacing fix