Switching with out a wonderland

The main focus of switching? I'm ... unable to do this whole "Wonderland importing" thing ... I'm asking if anyone here is able to switch without this method

I've been working on my tulpa since May of last year, had incredible visualization skills when I started. I lost them a few months in for no idea why, but we've worked on independence and possessing in the meantime. As of now she's almost able to fully possess me without much effort, but my visualizations skills are literally virtually nothing now. Her form is nowhere near done yet, with no progress in ~4 months.

We both want to switch, and are willing to work at it very hard, but the guides and such ask for a wonderland to place your body into, but I can't visualize at it all sadly.

My questions are:

Do I need to visualize my wonderland or anything else that might be required for switching?

If I do switch, where does my consciousness go, do I just black out or whatever?

She's not imposed, or even close to being ready.

Do I need to visualize my wonderland or anything else that might be required for switching?

It’s not required to have a wonderland for switching, though it may be a useful medium if you’re wanting to practice getting into shifting into imaginary senses while your tulpa takes more dominion over your body.

If I do switch, where does my consciousness go, do I just black out or whatever?

For the actual location, no one (yet) can really give solid assurance on where your consciousness goes to since that would bring up a lot of arguments on consciousness in general. But logic would follow, based on the fundamentals, that you're just shifting your awareness elsewhere.

As for blacking out, that’s not the case at all for me, though maybe others can provide more experiential cases.

It’s like watching over what’s happening, and for me initially when I had some major results before I wasn’t too interested in it, it was like some kind of warping sensation and hearing occasional swooshing sounds before I found myself immersed into dream like states of being within the wonderland/whatever medium of active imagination I’m using.

I guess because I developed some sense of my existence in the dreaming state that I often use that for conceptualizing the whole imaginary senses for switching. It may be different for others, though I would figure that the somatic and mental processes would be akin to the dreaming state.

She's not imposed, or even close to being ready.

I'll answer from my own experience, which is admittedly different to many people. Basically I learned back before there were guides or much of anything. My Watchdog tulpas switch when they drive the car for me (usually only if I'm too tired to drive myself). Nobillis also switches for her work on the site.

Me, I either sleep or take a "back seat" in the mind and watch. Since most of the guides say "wonderland" I'm often told what I do isn't switching, but the people who tell me so often have little experience of it whereas I don't really have a limit on how long I spend switched (edit: yes, years).

The Watchdogs aren't imposed. It never seemed to make the slightest difference to their being able to switch.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

• 2 weeks later...

(man I've been asking lots of questions lately)

Anyhow, I've been doing this tulpa stuff for about a year and a few months. My second tulpa is turning 1 in April. I'm able to do possession and all that jazz, but I'm still there obviously.

I've been trying to perfect switching for at least 3-4 months and I'm still unable to do it after all this time. I don't know if it's the fact that I might be missing out on something or whatever. But anyways, usually what I do is try to slip into a state of low consciousness (such as lying down or whatever) and asking my tulpas to like take control instead. I know you generally have memories of being switched but they're "hazy".

There's people on here posting that they've gotten switching perfected after 2 months. (Are they maybe just mixing up the term possession and switching?). But seriously, I'm getting kind of annoyed from not being able to do this.

I'm almost completely unable to do this whole "Wonderland importing" thing where you put yourself into your Wonderland and your tulpa takes control. That has never worked for me and it never will. Specifically, I'm asking if anyone here is able to switch without this method, and I'm wondering how you go through with it. I'd really like to know.

As stated in the forum's subject, what's the main thing you focus on? How do you go through with it and complete the switch? HOW do you actually get your mind to switch with theirs, without using the aforementioned Wonderland technique?

Whenever I would switch with my old tulpa, I would try and keep very still, then she would slowly start posessing parts of my body until eventually it was like she was possessing my brain, forcing my conciousness to sort of be removed from control from the body. I probably have been doing it wrong but its how I learned it

Amelia- Oct. 7, 2012

Mitsuki- Oct. 31, 2014 

Thread merged with previous thread. See also Kevin's post.

Hi. I use three methods for switching, none of which involve a wonderland usually. However, it's well known that I use a lot of old stuff that's long out of date (basically, stuff loosely based on old Tibetan methods). So, these are kind of slow to learn. Instead of all that, I'll tell you how I learned to switch at the very first. It may be of use, if only for an example of the unusual things people do.

I mostly possess using ways much like in Oguigi's Guide. That seems a good primer of the sort of things you need to practice that also help with switching. Anyways, I was possessing most of three days solid (to catch up on my typing for this site) when Kevin fell asleep from tiredness - and I stayed awake. I found myself switched for the first time! So, simplest is have a tired human who falls asleep whilst you are possessing (and don't fall asleep yourself).

A condition though: You know that to switch you need at least one independent tulpa right? One that doesn't depend on you to aid their thinking. Me, I'm so independent I live an almost separate life. It seems the more independent, the more likely you can switch.

All this is my experiences and opinions. Treat it 'with a grain of salt.' Please also note that while ADHD doesn't stop you making a tulpa, it can in instances make switching take longer to learn. (some friends of mine are actively researching how to work around that too)

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.