The Bleeding Effect

ThunderClap

I have a theory I would like to propose.

Recently I have been proxying my tulpa and allowing her to posses me for very long periods of time (longer than 2 hours and sometimes close to 7 with her doing the majority of the activity) and lately I have noticed that I have been picking up on some of her mannerisms and habits.

Initially I began to act like she would when I am proxying her. For example, I might cross my legs together when I am sitting down or play with my hair or something. These things are things I typically do not do but I simply dismissed it. Eventually after a few sessions of prolonged possession and proxying, for up to or longer than 7 hours, I began to notice that in my speech things that typically my tulpa only says have been slipping out. That includes tacking things like "hehe" onto my sentences (when typing online) and speaking in a slightly more flamboyant manner. So I wondered why all of a sudden this was happening.

Additionally, I have been adopting a few of her personality traits.

I call this the bleeding effect (similiar to the reasons why it is called that from where I took the name from), because the tulpa's traits and mannerisms seem to be bleeding onto the host's. I do not know if this is temporary and if a day or two without long proxying/possession sessions will reverse this, but I am not the only one who has felt this way.

(Zero made mention of feeling the same way after proxying for Pandora for a long time.)

I would like to hear everyone else's opinions on this and if anyone has felt a similar feeling.

My guide on tulpa creation

Please consider making a private grant to tulpa.info to keep the community alive.

Sounds like when actors accidentally slip in-character and adopt their character's mannerisms. In this case, you're observing while your body does the acting, so it's easier to pick up on the mannerisms.

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together. <3

For example, I might cross my legs together when I am sitting down or play with my hair or something.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Nah Thunder you're just slowly realizing that you're trans.

Seriously though, I have the same thing. Also with the adopting personality traits thing, after making Pan I became significantly more social and laid back than I used to be, and sometimes I nearly slap a "You know?" at the ends of my sentences, along with some other mannerisms I can't think of atm, for seemingly no reason. I'd agree this is a thing that happens, and I've seen it happen in reverse as well.

Ea has adopted several mannerisms of mine which she didn't have at first. I think this is just normal - in any relationship with someone close to you (friend/partner/family) you eventually start copying each other. Nothing really weird about that, as long as it's not taken too far.

Another thing I've noticed is that after reading a vn, Pandora started sometimes using a line one of the characters used pretty often. I'd guess this can just be filed under "psychological influence", but giving it a name is pretty useful.

GAT Approved move to Guides pls

Yeah. The effect sounds about right for you suddenly paying close attention to what someone else does for hours on end every day. I've experienced it, though not through possession, and also experienced it happening in reverse, although I suppose that's less remarkable.

In any case you haven't proposed a theory here like you said you did. I need to tell you that.

If you're trying to say that after going through observing your tulpa for so long, you would develop an experiential learning of their mannerisms and behaviors, and how the host would garner those predispositions (i.e. "bleeding on over to them"), I wouldn't be surprised that's the case for some or most people. As for a proposal as a theory, not really something too surprising honestly.

As for adding on to experiential cases, it's happened to me before in most proxying, switching, and possession attempts. But fortunately, Eva knows when and not to do it, like giggling like crazy and having a higher tonality and pitch in front of someone I wouldn't want to experience that with.

I think part of the mannerisms could be simply because she's been doing them in your brain and body, because weird things also happened to me even though I don't have a switched tulpa..

I was playing a game or watching a show and trying to imitate a certain character's expression/behavior, just once, because I thought it was weird. Now I actually do it when that character would every so often, even though I only did it once...

It's pretty retarded and when I realize I did it I feel shameful. Did not want to do it ever.

Maybe tulpas can cause this as well? Since she was switched and doing that in your body?

My lip hurts.

Guest Anonymous

Hehe?Flamboyant? Maybe you're secretly my tulpa and I'm bleeding over into you. Sounds like it. I've noticed a few things like that with possession.

Consider the following. Tulpa is walking the body, you're not paying much attention, suddenly tulpa decides it's bored of walking, then for a while the process is automated, and then at some possibly unknown point you start moving the body and then become aware of it. Are you sure you are not being possessed? Maybe you are acting on the impulses of your tulpa without even realizing it, have you asked if that was them that crossed your legs? Or that it was them saying 'hehe'. Have you considered it might've not been you doing these things?

I'm leaning toward a case of monkey see monkey do. This is feeling more like a General Discussion.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to propose the idea of mimicking. What I mean is that when someone else is comfortable with another person they begin to take on their mannerisms and some of their qualities. It's a subconscious way to create rapport between two people. It's why people who see best friends sometimes ask if they're twins even if they don't even look alike because of that mimicking quality.

Now, what makes that interesting is when you have two sharing one body. I'm thinking because each of you are easily comfortable with each other in that setting that you begin to mimic each other.

Another idea is that if you do it over time, the muscle memory takes over. Your body remembers how she would react in different stress situations.

“Life was a wheel, its only job was to turn, and it always came back to where it started.” - Stephen King

“No great thing is created suddenly.” -Stephen King

• 8 months later...

I think this happened to me once. I was wearing slippers that I'd used to wear during possession, slippers I hadn't worn in a long time, and I said some slightly adult, sweet things to my tulpa. Later, the tulpa associated with the slippers blamed classical conditioning for the things "I'd" said. Was what happened classical conditioning, or the bleeding effect?