Just really think about it.

Magicman5443

Ok so you guys are basically arguing about the OP posting things that are wrong according to the general beliefs of the community.

ShyMagi, really, if you wanna tell everybody that whatever they say and think is true, then go ahead, but don't expect anyone to learn anything. The worst kind of teacher is the teacher that feels sorry for his student's incompetence. Taking incompetence into account is not the same as condoning it.

As for the reasons why I didn't explain every single point I made - it's like waffles said. If he took the time to actually read around on the forums, read guides, and perhaps ask questions on the forums or on the IRC, he would've known those things. I'm not going to spoonfeed every newcomer who happens to get the most basic things wrong. He can learn for himself. He's capable enough of browsing the internet and finding these forums on his own, and make a post on top of that

whoa

which means he's also capable enough of reading what is actually IN the forums in an attempt to understand what this community believes tulpas are. On top of that, saying that "Not all beliefs are the same" doesn't mean that you don't have to adhere to the basic idea of something. A tulpa is not a teapot, and even if you want it to be, that doesn't make it so. Thus, if he says something that is incorrect, I will correct him, but spoonfeeding him my beliefs would be just as wrong as allowing him to believe whatever bogus theory he wants to believe in. There are plenty of ideas and theories about tulpas and I don't think he should hear mine only.

So, ShyMagi, if you feel upset that I did things the way I did, that's cool. Deal with it. When this post was originally made it wasn't located in the metaphysics board, so I simply went the scientific route. As waffles said, if he uses words wrongly, he should be corrected (or ~punished~ if you'd like to dramatize it for your convenience) so he doesn't do it again. If you stab yourself in the hand, you will feel pain - the pain is a punishment to show you that you shouldn't do it again because it is a bad idea. Not punishing people for doing things wrong is a TERRIBLE mindset, and if that is your mindset, then god bless whoever has to learn something from you.

Also,

If your viewpoint were that good to begin with why wouldn't I adopt it?

Either because you're stubborn or because you have factual evidence or a significant form of logic to back your beliefs.

After all' date=' sometimes a tulpa is just a tulpa.[/quote']

#wow #whoa #deep

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just think about the concept, like really dig into it. Think how bizarre the concept of Tulpae is. You create a second conscious within your own. Its like duplicating your self, but its not you. This consciousness can control you, you can go into its world, it can come into our world. Dont think of your wonderland as a place, think of it as another dimension. If your able to switch with your tulpa, you could call it changing dimensions, Your going into another world while your tulpa is in ours. Really, think about how weird and amazing that is. So many people doubt us, yet so little have these experiences. If you really dig into it, it just blows my mind.

Well, it's not "within" your own, plus that makes no sense. Consciousnesses cannot be inside each other. What would that even mean? It's not like duplicating yourself at all. What do you mean by control? That doesn't tend to be the experience. As for thinking of our head as another dimension, hmm, doesn't appeal to me. Plus it doesn't sound amazing but rather unsettling. I'll pass :P

ShyMagi, I don't know how you missed it girl, but saying that it's a consciousness within your own doesn't translate to "two consciousnesses/people inside one brain." No, he's actually saying that it's a consciousness inside your own.. just one of those things people come up with that doesn't make sense, like whoever said "they're your subconscious when they aren't in control of th ebody and you're the subconscious when they are"

Don't change the sentence to mean what /you/ think.

Hmm, reading up, it appears (ShyMagi) that you are saying no one should argue beliefs, which would imply that no idea makes any more sense than another, that we can't feel out SOME things about the truth or rule anything out at all. If that IS what you're saying, I think that's wrong.

I also wouldn't surprised if you yourself debated something someone said involving tulpas before. That's how it tends to be with people saying things like "don't argue on ___" or "anything goes" as if someone can't be wrong or logic can never rule out anything someone says on a subject.

One thing he said about the consciousness being inside ours seems like a sort of logical contradiction if you ask me. So, if this is what you are doing, can you even say if you tell -everyone- not to do it, or if you join in the discussion yourself sometimes?

A most illogical instruction. Unless he means 'dimension' in the sense of 'place' - which he clearly doesn't seeing as he explicitly says not to think with that in mind - then the analogy isn't apt.

This game of telephone might already be completely off the mark mind you.

No, I didn't find anything wrong with the instruction - thinking of it as if its another dimension -. I did it, didn't like it. The "analogy" doesn't have to be similar to the thing itself. And it's not as if he's trying to say anything with it, other than "think of it as a dimension" with that, so saying that it is "incorrect' makes no sense.

And all ShyMagi was saying there was that he said to think of it as one, not that it is one, so saying "but it's not a dimension" doesn't make sense. (Not many people say, "think of X as itself" anyway.)

@ ShyMagi: "Usually defined. But clearly it was being referred to in a different sense. An enthusiastic one. Surely you wouldn't punish someone for not using your semantics. At least, that's what I hope. And in either case, that is precisely why I stressed specifying why you're shooting such enthusiasm down."

Eh? I would really like to know why you think he meant something else by consciousness. If he meant our consciousnesses are separate and really meant "brain", he'd probably say so... in this case it's not likely that he just worded it differently. I don't see how, in this case, it is so clear that he didn't actually mean what he said word for word. Is it some kind of "no people ever have ideas off the mark/that don't make sense about tulpas"?

"

So you agree that it's perfectly alright to slam a newcomer with a pseudo-saccharine 'welcome' after rejecting their ideas offered and not even bothering to explain why it was done?"

It was already explained... with each counter, a why was explained. Sometimes youve replied to it saying "he meant something else obviously," but regardless of that, yeah.

'Again, it's all semantics." This again. Since you complain that people didn't explain their "why"s, how about you justify why you keep saying it was just semantics? Reasoning please? Can you show me some how? What was your thought process?

I don't think it's likely but I'd like for the person to come and clear it up themselves.

"So being vague = widely held views? Hmm.. sounds like you're in favor of the watered-down mass mentality option. Would explain a lot."

I don't think it was vague, tbh.

"- Tulpas are not a second consciousness within your own.

- They can't control you

- Your wonderland is not another dimension

- You can not switch dimensions

- You should probably use less drugs"

It's pretty direct. He was saying they aren't a second consciousness. If you mean he's skipped saying what they -are-, indeed he has... since I have the opinion he meant just what he said, I would've liked him to go further. Since you think it was semantics, I don't see why you'd say Zero should've, if that's part of it.

"They can't control you" can only be rephrased in different ways that mean the same thing. I don't see how he could elaborate. Do you mean, justification for saying this? Well,it tends to be that way for hosts. I don't see what is wrong with saying so.

And, as you said, the whole "wonderland!=dimension" thing was a reaction to something he didn't actually say.

My lip hurts.

If only you sick puppies could think like I do, feel like I do, and believe as I do then this would be a happy world. Why can't you all become copies of me? Just parrot back to me what I have said, and I will be happier still. Mystically, we are all one. And that one is me. Diversity is overrated, conformity is where it is at. Conform to my will, please.

Enoch, Chancellor of Mars.

"Follow your bliss."-Joseph Campbell

If only you sick puppies could think like I do, feel like I do, and believe as I do then this would be a happy world. Why can't you all become copies of me? Just parrot back to me what I have said, and I will be happier still. Mystically, we are all one. And that one is me. Diversity is overrated, conformity is where it is at. Conform to my will, please.

Check out Madara's Moon Eye Plan, or try lucid dreaming for that.

Guest MegaBusta

And that one is me.

You mean me. It's my destiny to absorb everyone and become the Succubus Lord.

Well, this thread is going nowhere anytime soon... *pulls out popcorn from hammerspace* proceed

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

You're*

On a serious note, they can't really come into our world (unless you're meta, which I'm not....yet....)

But it is a strange way to look at it.

Also fucking awesome.

Name: Raid

Sentience: Confirmed

Working on: Vocality

Personality Traits: Is awesome a personality trait?

Form: 1. Pegasus Pony, with a flat, pink mane, and pink tail, and yellow coat. Also, blue eyes.

2. A blue-haired human (only encountered in dream so far)

You mean me. It's my destiny to absorb everyone and become the Succubus Lord.

I stand corrected.

Enoch, Chancellor of Mars.

"Follow your bliss."-Joseph Campbell