Awakening Eyes PR

Maple

Does anyone have any tips for making your own quiet environment to be able to focus and do possession work in? Like our walls are legit so thin I can just hear the fish filter from downstairs, from my bedroom, and there's just so much noise overall from literally anything. Sometimes even my spiders make a lot of noise in their enclosures and it's annoying and breaks concentration and any dissociation I may have managed to achieve.

Awakening Eyes Progress Report:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Reilyn-Alley

Yeah, no joke. Earplugs, trying to pick a quiet time, sleeping mask or blindfold.. Some people have success with white noise or meditation music.. Maybe even guided meditation tracks. Heck, maybe even heavy metal or classical music. Basically, if it drowns out your environment and works for you, that's all that matters. You could even have the mindscape setting be at an opera or concert hall or something, maybe have an old-timey record player or stereo playing in the room to work it into the setting so it seems more natural. Might be pretty neat.

Oh right, noise is an option. White noise, or other "colored" noise. I recommend giving it a try if you haven't before, though some people prefer pure silence, noise can help cancel out... noise, in loud environments. https://simplynoise.com/ (or google yourself, this site's old now, not sure if it's the best option - click the Flash Player thing when it asks, at least)

Otherwise, earplugs or music or some such I suppose.

.... Obligatory "You have pet spiders... and they make noise?" I can accept the former, but the latter I have such a hard time imagining

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

.... Obligatory "You have pet spiders... and they make noise?" I can accept the former, but the latter I have such a hard time imagining

Yes. I feed them at night and they make a lot of noise, or they bang on the lid with a leg or something. A spider I had a few years ago made a hissing sound by rubbing hairs on her legs together (it's called stridulating, look it up for an example) but she did it all the time while walking around as opposed to when just being angry. Their enclosures are quite close to my bed which is where I usually would go to try to get some peace and quiet to try things, but now it's really difficult to.

So Vinyl had originally swapped forms and names as Ruth, but then changed back. Then Neon decided he wanted the form and name, and now everything is a little confusing. My big tell to know who is who is really just based off of "where" I can "hear" them from. Ruth wanted to talk today (more than I've ever really seen him want to) with people on Discord, but most of them were busy with other things. I remembered I made him his own Discord account, but it did seem like people on the servers he's in were also uninterested so he kind of just gave up. It was a bit sad to see because it's the most I've seen him want to talk to other people. He's usually a really quiet soul, though I guess the same could be said about the others for the most part.

... You can always talk on the forum, you know. Plenty of fluff posts every day going on in Last One To Post Wins and other threads, Chat Thread in Lounge if you wanted to talk more seriously about something.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Ruth joined a discord server I'm in that is a really small group of people but is obviously accepting of tulpas, and he seems to be talking more now than ever. It's really nice to see.

I feel like I'm not going to be able to get any opportunity to have peace and quiet to actually make progress on anything. There's just literally always some noise or interruption that is bothering me. Everyone else left the house earlier, but I was stuck with my dog who was crying because he does that when one of them leaves the house ALL THE TIME. And there's nothing I can do to make him stop crying. This feels impossible.

Yeah, I've had a lot of lucid dream attempts in the morning stopped by our dog or later cat. At least in your case, you can use noise-cancelling stuff. Noise machine, headphones with noise and such as suggested, earplugs... And is leaving entirely not an option? Just going outside and sitting somewhere?