Awakening Eyes PR

Maple

I've heard people using colors to distinguish who said what. We use visualization, but in the beginning my visualization wasn't great, and so it was harder to do that, but colors are pretty good. Even like a 'name is your buzzer' thing. Names are unnecessarily awkward sometimes, like they come from a part of the brain that's different than normal words.

So like Ruth could be red, and whenever they talk, you have a sence of red.

My tulpa colors are Amber, Blue, Pink, Red, Brown/Black (that's Joy), and White.

If it works. Good luck.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard people using colors to distinguish who said what. We use visualization, but in the beginning my visualization wasn't great, and so it was harder to do that, but colors are pretty good. Even like a 'name is your buzzer' thing. Names are unnecessarily awkward sometimes, like they come from a part of the brain that's different than normal words.

So like Ruth could be red, and whenever they talk, you have a sence of red.

My tulpa colors are Amber, Blue, Pink, Red, Brown/Black (that's Joy), and White.

If it works. Good luck.

Ah, fuck. Sorry you had to see that original post. I’d just changed it entirely because my mind basically did another 180, don’t know why. But this seems like it could be good for something else, and is sort of what we do for possession. For speaking, it’s more what part of my head I can hear them from, if that makes sense. For possession, we’ve been toying with assigning colors to each other for certain symbolisms, but some of them fight over which colors to use. I use orange, Ruth uses green now since he used to use blue, Cel uses blue, Vi used to use blue or purple, sometimes pink or red, Angel uses red, Luna wants to use pink but isn’t sure yet, and Kara has a specific shade of violet in mind but I’m sitting here getting things confused because of the loops they do with colors. Sometimes it helps to just focus on whoever I’m with alone and assign them to the color and not the other and it works fine, but otherwise it’s just a huge mess to think about.

For talking, I get confused because Cel and Ruth use the left side of my head. It’s changed a lot... Ruth slid allll the way to the end, Cel between center and the left. Right side has Angel a quarter away from center towards right, then Luna not far away (but their personalities and mindvoices are so different it’s easy to tell them apart), then Vinyl like 75% across, and Kara at the far right. Changed so much over the years...

EDIT: The problem I can think of that stands out the most is how I sometimes randomly get an intrusive thought literally thinking that Cel and Ruth are the same person since Ruth has so many forms and names and they occupy similar headspace and sometimes accidentally overlap, and also sometimes talk/act the same .-.

Awakening Eyes Progress Report:

Vinyl is being more active again lately. She’s decided she wants to change her form/name again, though. She’s picked a new form, but she’s not too sure about a name yet. She’s so far thought of “Rosalina” or “Riley” (stolen from one of Ruth’s possible names from before). It’s going to be a challenge for me to get visualization of a new form down since my visualization skills are just so rusty, and also calling her by a new name will take some getting used to once she settles on one. Will update the original post through the process (for now, she’s going by Riley it seems)

Aww, Riley is such a cute name!

I think she made a great choice. I'm awful with names myself, but she's barely ever had any problems when it comes to this stuff.

Riley\ And don't you forget it! ^^

Riley\ I've infiltrated the body again and proved, once again, that I am the best at it. The symbolism I used to take over appears to have quite literally physically affected the body and scared Maple, though. He gave me the usual suggestion of changing to a more humanoid form to make things easier, but I refused. I decided to do things my way. As his form and "color" stepped out of the body, I pulled the body back by the head to sink myself in. Well, by doing that, the physical head and neck started bobbing backwards bit by bit, until they fully kind of fell back against the chair. The upper half of the body propped itself upright again after I told it to since he was panicking a bit, and then I did it again a slightly different and slower way. It had the same result, but I took over with ease this time, right down the middle. It took me a moment to get adjusted to the shoulders down to the fingertips, and the legs down to the toes. I have been wrestling for control from him subconsciously trying to take it back without him trying to, and I've been winning without much effort. I might try to sleep in the body and see if I wake up in the body as well, since Cel tries this often and has failed each time. I am now apparently the fastest to take over, but I need to work on my tactics to not hurt the body.

It feels great to be back again. Hopefully we'll be back with the others again soon, and all together again as we once were, but better than ever before.

EDIT (on mobile): Riley\ I think I want to see how long I can front consecutively, or just overall in general. Just as much as I can. Someone had asked me what my original plan was, what my original wants and ideas were before I changed. And you know what, it feels like this was the original plan: to take over control as primary fronter. I’m starting to remember a lot of things I wanted to see and do, though through spotty memories that kind of fade in and out. But I think I’d rather just be content being one of the primary fronters and working together with the others to achieve a common primary goal, as well as my own goals. I think that’s a good enough and healthy lifestyle for me. I love and have missed my systemmates.

When you front long term, try to see what is Maple and what is the Body OS in terms of habits and other things. We did that and it was very interesting to see what is systemic.

When you front long term, try to see what is Maple and what is the Body OS in terms of habits and other things. We did that and it was very interesting to see what is systemic.

So just in general what they do vs what I do, or what is hardwired? Even when using muscle memory or like what I do as a baseline for doing things, I notice a lot of deviations myself. Some I'm not entirely sure if they're hardwiring or choice. But for Ruth, he does some sitting habits that I find are bad for posture and can hurt the legs or make them go numb after some time which is why I try to avoid doing them after accidentally doing them, but it's like he tries to do them (i.e. putting the legs straight out against the wall whilst sitting down, folding one leg on top of the other knee whilst sitting down) because he just likes to. I mean, he kind of does like to do them, but he did do those things from the start. Their facial expressions are also interesting. I can't say much about Ruth since his time fronting is minimal because of weird issues no one else is having, but he usually is just a goofball contrary to what some people see. Cel still has a serious aura about him, but is a bit more neutral. Riley seemed just generally like she had more RBF.

Riley is also the first one in some years to actually do a lot of movement with the body while fronting, which she did last night. She was setting up to sleep in the body herself to see if she could wake up in it (she didn't, sadly, but did go immediately rest again herself from pure exhaustion understandably) but she also tried to fill up my med box for today, and wound up dropping one pill somewhere that she couldn't find (and got about as upset about it as Ruth did about dropping a hotdog) just like how I dropped a couple lately, and also forgot to put one in. Overall, she did a good job taking care of things. She did lose control for a few seconds because the mask for the CPAP seemed to have come undone somehow from last usage, and scared the hell out of her when it didn't work right, so I wound up in like an emergency takeover to stop the machine since she kind of panicked a bit. It felt like we were both adjusting it rather than just one person, which was weird, but probably just a side effect of me being in the back for a bit.

Also, she wrote that last post herself, and the extremely obvious aura of confidence from the start makes me chuckle a bit. It's great to have her back.

EDIT: I just realized, Riley forgot to mention something I found intriguing. She seemed to experience this sinking feeling that I kind of felt too, that I haven't felt with anyone else. She was talking in a voice chat on a Discord server with some others, and all of a sudden, we both started feeling like we were just... floating, drifting away, but still there. I noticed her speech slowing, and her attention being diverted (the thousand yard stare, her speech slowing as the sentence went on). She snapped out of it and grounded herself when we did the whole "This is your body, you're in control right now" deal, but then not long later, she said she felt this feeling where it felt like she was sinking from everywhere from the head down. And I felt it too. It was just as she described: "It's as if someone pressed the lever on the office chair, and we're falling, but the head is staying perfectly in place." it was actually trippy as hell.

Another thing I'd like to point out, is that Riley seems honestly stronger than ever now that she's come back. And it feels like other people have had this experience, too. Where their tulpa had gone away for a while on a hiatus for one reason or another, and just came back stronger than before in some way, shape, or form. And it was a few different people bringing in personal experience as well as experience from others. It's interesting to me. I'm really happy about it, though.

As his form and "color" stepped out of the body, I pulled the body back by the head to sink myself in. Well, by doing that, the physical head and neck started bobbing backwards bit by bit, until they fully kind of fell back against the chair. The upper half of the body propped itself upright again after I told it to since he was panicking a bit

The body will respond physically to switching-related visualizations, lurching and twitching and stumbling, which is an unnecessary distraction from taking control of it. By the time you're experienced enough at switching to largely move beyond visualizations, the body may not even break stride. But at first, it's best to brace yourself in a comfortable and stable manner that anticipates which directions the body will move as a result of your switching technique.

The entry point for the body that we found most helpful for easy and gentle switching is the voice box. If we wrap our will around it, taking control of it, we can flood our presence outward from it throughout the body, taking over the body from the inside instead of bringing a form from the outside.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

The body will respond physically to switching-related visualizations, lurching and twitching and stumbling, which is an unnecessary distraction from taking control of it. By the time you're experienced enough at switching to largely move beyond visualizations, the body may not even break stride. But at first, it's best to brace yourself in a comfortable and stable manner that anticipates which directions the body will move as a result of your switching technique.

The entry point for the body that we found most helpful for easy and gentle switching is the voice box. If we wrap our will around it, taking control of it, we can flood our presence outward from it throughout the body, taking over the body from the inside instead of bringing a form from the outside.

-Ember

I actually legitimately forgot (until reading this) that all these years, we’ve been using SWITCHING visualizations to achieve POSSESSION, since they’ve always worked the best for us to sort of combat the problem where I would keep accidentally taking back control. If I do, it’s not usually as abrupt (but can be), but more over time. These visualization techniques are ones I took from a guide from 2012 directly, as well as variations and suggestions from other members from 2012. It just felt more right doing possession this way, since it feels like putting in more of a team effort has generally better results. Well, at least it’ll be decent work towards switching in the long run, I guess. The visualization is really the only thing in common with the technique, but I think other people generally do different things now.