Unpopular opinions about tulpa

zhnzhp

So you unknowingly forced for two years and when you were ten, Nash spoke to you for first time. It seems to me as pretty normal these days, considering how many people have created imaginary friends in their childhood and discovered tulpa community much, much later. As much as you can consider him accidental, you've still forced (even if you didn't know what you were doing) and brought him to life. Now what I meant in my post, was a tulpa, which literally shows up from nowhere and is accepted because of host feelings, beliefs and other peoples opinions on subject of accidental tulpas. This way he accepts that certain NPC in his wonderland, which suddenly spoke to him and used his real name as legit tulpa, even though he did not wish to have another person in his mind.

From what I've read, that problem of sorts exists mostly between new hosts, people who just got into and decided to create a tulpa. Everyone is different of course, but in my opinion it may be wiser not to accept every short, "alien" thought as sign of tulpa, when you already have one and do not want to create second or third and so on.

About your question, ask him perhaps?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

I deleted my entire original response here. Folks, I am crazy. I am really, really trying. Please be patient with me on this forum. Sorry about earlier, I had a moment of weakness! I return to my new plan! I can do it this time!

Taboo subject from now on (again, I can friggin do this):

1. The nature of a tulpa (real vs illusory).

2. Personality conflicts and criticism of other members of the forum.

3. Criticism of the forum itself.

ONCE AGAIN: In future posts, I need to live and let live and respect others having their own beliefs. I can so do this!! If I fail in the future, feel free to send me a link to this very post!

• 2 months later...

my first times doing this i hadn't even heard the word tulpa (learned reading sub-genius literature years after the inception of my major entity). i was in a strange place for a long time and we generated something i later identified. others have seen her and felt her presence over the past 25 years. she's moved things in the presence of others, she's broken things too.

i'm only learning about other people's experiences now, forcing is new to me in this context.

Guest Anonymous

People think that tulpas are imaginary friends and not actually sentient and lucid of things like the host. This is wrong... sadly.

I guess my most unpopular opinion would be that anyone can have a Tulpa. I know a lot of the community thinks you should be a certain age, and to a point I can see that. You need to be mature to handle a Tulpa. It's like handling another person. But it's also not in a sense. You don't have to worry about them physically, and no one can hear or see them but you. Also, lots of children develop Tulpas; should we force them to get rid of their imaginary friends because they aren't adults? I really think not. We should consider the maturity level of the person, not their physical age. Besides, even less mature people can handle a Tulpa; even children can do it, after all!

I mean, I developed Tulpas before knowing what they were. Which leads me to another controversial opinion: accidental Tulpas are absolutely valid. This is not to be confused with sudden thoughtforms appearing and suddenly they're your Tulpa (I don't think that's happened to anyone ever, by the way.) I mean when you have an imaginary friend that becomes so real to you they develop into a Tulpa. That's what happened with Gamzee and Quartz; I had them so long and to me, they were absolutely real in my head. Just because they weren't physical as I am didn't make them less real. I actually knew they were Tulpas in a sense, I just didn't know the word for it.

An extremely unpopular opinion (and this is weird coming from me): We should not make such a big deal about 'killing' Tulpas. Yes, I think it's bad, and it requires a lot of thought, but don't condemn someone for it, dammit. They have a reason. I think there are better alternatives, but in the end, your Tulpa disappates and returns back to you. You can revive it if you wish; after all, it is still deep in your mind, and with a bit of effort you can bring them back. So it's really not the end. Plus you need to consider a host's reasons. If the Tulpa is harmful, I would say the host has a right to defend themself by taking it out. (Then again, this is coming from me- Gamzee's tried to kill me and against everyone's advice, I didn't kill him; I 'grounded' him for a week.) Though I think you should really weigh your options before killing a Tulpa, it shouldn't be leveled with being an actual murderer.

EDIT because one last thing: I think it's okay to have Tulpas and use their interaction as a coping method. I think you should give more to their existence than a tool to help you cope, but it's not abusive to vent to them. It's not abusive to have them help you cope as long as you give them a happy life in return, and as long as they agree to help you cope.

White text- Ash (the host!)

Red text- Quartz!

Purple text- Gamzee!

Blue text- Obsidian!

Guest Anonymous

1. I believe tuppers are an entirely new personality inside an existing brain capable of independent thought and emotion.

2. A tupper is not sentient from the start. Its just a thought to start with that you build up on.

3. I feel this site is actively hurting my forcing. After years of being out of the loop, I decided to finally force a tulpa. Ive been working on it for months using the old 2012 methods before I decided to see if this place was still around. Now Ive been reading about all this new shit, I feel me and my tulpas doubts when I force as we both feel we are doing something wrong.

3. I feel this site is actively hurting my forcing. After years of being out of the loop, I decided to finally force a tulpa. Ive been working on it for months using the old 2012 methods before I decided to see if this place was still around. Now Ive been reading about all this new shit, I feel me and my tulpas doubts when I force as we both feel we are doing something wrong.

I don't think you should worry too much about forcing the "wrong" way -- everyone has their own methods and different things that work for them. Using old methods that have been working just fine? Good, keep using those if they're working for you. Hearing about new techniques that you've never done but want to try out? Go ahead and try them out, then, but don't feel like you have to adopt newer ideas just because you've heard about them. There really isn't a single "correct" way to force and a lot of us here have different methods -- and that's ok.

Even the guides, in the end, are only suggestions. If you have your own way of doing things and it works just great, then who cares what a guide says? Clearly you don't need a guide if you're already doing fine without it. XD

Pinky is not a pony. She's an imp.

Sunray is an angel-imp. Ex is humanoid. Kael is a dragon. Magnum is a dog.

Guest Anonymous

I don't think you should worry too much about forcing the "wrong" way -- everyone has their own methods and different things that work for them. Using old methods that have been working just fine? Good, keep using those if they're working for you. Hearing about new techniques that you've never done but want to try out? Go ahead and try them out, then, but don't feel like you have to adopt newer ideas just because you've heard about them. There really isn't a single "correct" way to force and a lot of us here have different methods -- and that's ok.

Even the guides, in the end, are only suggestions. If you have your own way of doing things and it works just great, then who cares what a guide says? Clearly you don't need a guide if you're already doing fine without it. XD

I guess you are right. I think we should start making use of some of the new ideas here. We are both kinda sick of the whole "Sit down, hour a day dedicated forcing" thing. It just gets a bit tiresome, ya'know? Also I normally end up falling asleep after 20 minutes because I do it after a long day at work and that pisses him off. Some of the new lighter forcing techniques could probably help.