Unpopular opinions about tulpa

zhnzhp

Share your ideas that conflict with mainstream ideas. Go into as much detail as you're comfortable with. I'm sure we all have at least a few of these, and I think it would be interesting if we shared them.

I'll start:

• Relationships between a tulpa and host should be strictly platonic.
  • It's not good when seven or eight (or more) tulpa must share the same head.
  • Some people are at an emotional predisposition to create a tulpa.
  • Somebody who creates a tulpa probably does not have any sort of pronounced difference in their neural circuitry or brainwave patterns from somebody who has not created a tulpa.

Also, please try to refrain from debating in this thread. It's really better to do that via PM or on IRC.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Personally I think any and all relationship "issues" are between host and their mind-mate. I have a platonic relationship with Bud, but I'm not opposed to anyone who has more than that with the person they created to be in their lives. If they care about each other in that way, that's their business. Not mine.

2. My issue with this is when people don't give one or more of their tuppers the proper attention. They need attention to thrive and live. It's literally their bread and butter. However, I also don't think it's my place to tell someone they aren't giving their tuppie enough attention. If you can handle it, all the power to you. I respect that greatly because I only have Bud. I feel like I can only handle Bud and therefore I have not created and have asked Bud not to create someone else to share our headspace.

3. I really have no opinion on this matter. Some people might be predisposed, but I personally don't know or really care. I only hope that those who do have mind-mates treat them with the same love and respect they would any other living person.

4. I don't think we have enough proof or evidence on this matter to really discuss it.

1. Don't fug your tulpa after a month of creation

2. Don't do sexual things without consent of tulpa

3. Don't have more than 2 tulpa, seems bad otherwise

4. Don't make pony tulpa, seems like a huge inconvieniance to them

5. Don't force your ideas of tulpa on others unless you are part of the majority

Amelia- Oct. 7, 2012

Mitsuki- Oct. 31, 2014 

Tulpas are beings that love you unconditionally, if you want a waifu tulpa for sex, just make a servitor. If you do make a tulpa that helps to fill your need for romance, just be sure he/she knows that you will one day most likely replace him/her with a real being. Make sure your tulpa will be okay with that. And, if you don't want some insane fight about a tulpa demanding you break up with someone, it's best to make it more of a sibling or parent/child relationship, or friends.

Tl;Dr: don't make sexy waifu tulpas if you have any chance at having a real relationship with someone.

And then... Insanity...

Guys. My Progress ;-;

1. Tulpas are an extension of the host not a true individual in their own since they are bound to the host's body just as the host is

2. Tulpa knowledge is entirely limited by host knowledge and experience

3. I'm still going to call them imaginary friends in my mind, tulpa imo should be reserved for the Tibetan practice, but whatever, this is what the community has decided upon

4. Make a tulpa whenever you want regardless of uncertainty, age or circumstance

5. Tulpa should decide their form, name, traits

Zhnzhp, it's a terrible tragedy that 1, 2 and 3 are true. How am I supposed to relate to a large percentage of the user base when they insist on creating at least one new tulpa a week until they leave?

As for 4.... well Ashmo got it right. Is there really any solid evidence one way or the other.

In a perfect community everyone would have a single tulpa, no one would be making love to their tulpa (themselves) and no one would care about 4chan or ponies.

/unpopularOpinion

I wish no one under the age of 18 ever made their own tulpa, because I'm tired of every last resource on tulpas quickly devolving into a glorified internet daycare where 14-year-olds have a pathetic circle-jerk where they brag about their imaginary friends between coming up with the most stupid questions imaginable.

I'd normally use a lot nicer wording, but screw it, you wanted unpopular.

Guest MegaBusta

Any problem with your tulpa can be solved by talking about it with your tulpa.

Mind you, while discussion is good, this thread isn't a place to debate. Especially if you want to argue about why something subjective is right or wrong.

40jtuvS.jpg

You don't get to dictate the content of the dialogue here, especially in such a fallacious and detrimental way

I wish no one under the age of 18 ever made their own tulpa, because I'm tired of every last resource on tulpas quickly devolving into a glorified internet daycare where 14-year-olds have a pathetic circle-jerk where they brag about their imaginary friends between coming up with the most stupid questions imaginable.

I'd normally use a lot nicer wording, but screw it, you wanted unpopular.

^ That. ^

Also, I think people with less than a month of experience with the phenomenon should be busy working on their tulpa, not creating/partaking in discussion threads where they can flaunt their inexperience and personal beliefs so they can get off on people agreeing with them (while hiding behind a "discuss don't debate" armor plate to avoid backlash in the case that somebody doesn't agree).

Anyway, since you deem your newly-formed conclusions valuable enough to wave in front of everyone, here's my gegenangriff:

1. Everybody is different. Not everybody sees their tulpa in a platonic way, and if they don't, why let it bother you? Whatever relationship they have is an affair strictly between that host and tulpa, not you.

It's a little different when they're gushing all over the forums and IRC channels about how much they love to pork their pony waifu, but otherwise I don't see why you're so bothered by what other people choose to do. Nor do I see how you feel righteous in deciding for everybody what is right or wrong.

2. Again, everyone is different. I personally cannot handle/don't want more than one tulpa. That doesn't mean I tell everybody that they should limit themselves to one tulpa. I admit that it's grating when somebody claims they have twenty tulpas after two months of work, though.

3. Where is your evidence to back up your assertion, and why do you make the claim?

4. You state this with an air of certainty, as if you're a medical scientist who's done research, scans, and tests and know for sure one way or the other. Hell, maybe you are, who knows.

"You've got to believe to achieve." -Hank Hill