Unpopular opinions about tulpa

zhnzhp

All these ideas actually seem pretty popular, the difference is that they are mainstream ideas people have also wanted to -counter-, and the more popular the louder and more often the countering will be.

"Relationships between a tulpa and host should be strictly platonic.

It's not good when seven or eight (or more) tulpa must share the same head.

Some people are at an emotional predisposition to create a tulpa.

Somebody who creates a tulpa probably does not have any sort of pronounced difference in their neural circuitry or brainwave patterns from somebody who has not created a tulpa."

The first one is split though. There are some who think having romantic relationships is lame.

I myself think it's fine, just as it would be with anyone else.

The second one about 7-8 sharing the same head is popular too; many think there should be a limit. from others' experience, I think that once a tulpa is independent enough, other tulpas don't detract from them thriving at all. They can sustain themselves. I'm also not sure if it should be considered "sharing" as if people are having to divide space or divide anything literally.

I'm not sure what you mean by the 3rd, I can't think of any emotional disposition that would create a tulpa if that's what you mean literally.

The last one seems popular, if what you mean leads to the statement that there aren't certain people who are able to make tulpas and other people who are unable because of their circuitry or brain.

My lip hurts.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish no one under the age of 18 ever made their own tulpa, because I'm tired of every last resource on tulpas quickly devolving into a glorified internet daycare where 14-year-olds have a pathetic circle-jerk where they brag about their imaginary friends between coming up with the most stupid questions imaginable.

I'd normally use a lot nicer wording, but screw it, you wanted unpopular.

This should win the internet.

And I'm not even sure we should put a solid age limit on anything. I've met some pretty mature 16 and 17 year olds and some very immature 30 somethings, but yes I really don't think your average teen understands what they are getting into when they do this. They don't. No one does until they do it.

This should win the internet.

And I'm not even sure we should put a solid age limit on anything. I've met some pretty mature 16 and 17 year olds and some very immature 30 somethings, but yes I really don't think your average teen understands what they are getting into when they do this. They don't. No one does until they do it.

Normally kids running around in a community isn't a big deal, but half the people on tulpa.info are 14 years old. I'd even be tolerant of all the younger members, but they are dragging the quality of the site down dramatically. When i come to this site I do so because I want to learn more about tulpas from those more advanced than me, but more and more I feel like most people who make it far in the development of their tulpa end up leaving the site. I could count the number of active members I look up to on one hand and it's starting to seem like achieving imposition is even less common now than when the site first started.

I directly blame younger members for all of this because, while they are extremely active in the community, most don't seem to take the phenomenon very seriously.

Many younger members mention their tulpas becoming vocal days, some times hours after first starting creation without even realizing how insanely fast this is. This leads to the conclusions that they either created an imaginary friend and have no idea of what a real tulpa is, or they believe that tulpas shouldn't take very long due to not having done any research on the subject.

Many younger members also make insanely stupid threads due to having spent barely any time at all researching tulpa creation. As I'm typing this, there is an active thread where:

• A member asks if tulpas talk immediately after creation or if they take time to develop.
  • There's a thread where a member asks if it's possible to create a tulpa without active forcing.
  • There's a thread where a member asks if his/her headaches might be caused by forcing.

All of these are stupid threads that anyone would know the answer to if they spent any real amount of time browsing the forum. Unsurprisingly, all three threads were started by people too young to have graduated high school.

I don't know why we're in such a condition while other similar forums aren't. Maybe since you can create an imaginary friend and pretend they're a tulpa without anyone having the ability to prove you wrong, people engage stupid members instead of criticizing them. Maybe tulpa.info is on the fast track to become a big ol' hugbox unless we start tossing obscenities at people who clearly need to be told how stupid they really are.

Or maybe I'm cantankerous old curmudgeon. Either way I'm pissed and I automatically hate anyone on this site who starts threads and is under the age of 18.

tldr: The same cancer that killed /b/ is the same cancer that is slowly killing tulpa.info.

I'm not sure how unpopular mine are so I just want to list some things I'm going with in terms of tulpas

-I think that both you and your tulpa are connections inside your brain (making you both literally sentient people, rather than the tulpa being just a running thing, like a wonderland, if that makes sense)

-I haven't found any reason yet to believe there should be a limit as to how many tulpas one has but I think it'd be hard to sustain a large amount of tulpas that are all at the same stage /at the same time/

-I think it's possible for a tulpa to want to hurt their host, and the only thing making them less likely would be fond thoughts of the host (not automatically had just because they are a tulpa inherently) and, if it's a physical hurt, feeling what their host feels, but I think I've heard of some tulpas not necessarily feeling it or a switched host not feeling their body, vice versa. And, of course, trying to kill the host would be suicide and not a very likely dream or goal for a tulpa.

-I think that hosts generally can override a tulpa's control over their body.

-

My lip hurts.

You don't get to dictate the content of the dialogue here, especially in such a fallacious and detrimental way

You're absolutely right. I've changed the text in the OP to something less erroneous.

Thank you!

Maybe OP is sustaining confirmation bias rather than actually having their own views challenged. It's pretty much apparent in every thread that demands others to pull back their punches. Kind of a scary and naive way to go about approaching the tulpa phenomenon honestly.

Words words words -goods words- and more words

I actually know all of those threads you are referencing...

When I first came here, I lurked for over a month before I made an account or even attempted forcing. During my daily meditations I reminded myself that this was not forcing (now that I knew what it was) and I was simply doing my daily calm down like always. I invested hours into reading just about every guide on this site, including the ones that feel bogus because I wanted to come to the conclusion myself.

When I finally started forcing, a lot of people made me feel like I was behind because it took 3 months for Bud to have any kind of vocality. I thought it was normal to take a few months, or longer depending on the person-but so many people had these insta-tuppers that I felt inferior. Which in turn made Bud feel like he was doing something wrong because he couldn't talk yet and it really set our progress back.

I didn't realize until after that most of these people were on the younger half of the community.

I think something needs to be done also, I just don't know what. I'm at the point where I feel jaded and I don't even want to help people anymore because everyone wants their fucking hand held. I can only imagine what the other members think and feel that have been here longer. I think we have lost good people too because of this. People who know what their talking about and can offer the community a lot, but what's the point when there are only little kids who don't wanna listen?

Some unpopular opinions about tulpas that basically get "shouted down" any time I try to raise them :

• A tulpa can switch with their human without the human going to their wonderland. The human can observe from a dissociated state, or simply sleep. I've been told it's not switching unless the human goes to wonderland - and this by people who can't stay switched for a whole week. Well, that's not kerin and company's experience of switching - collectively my company of tulpas have been using switching for decades longer then this site has been around. There is a definite qualitative difference for us between full-body possession and switching.
  • Tulpas take years to make. A fully independent tulpa, capable of living for themselves if need be, takes years to achieve in our experience.
  • Tulpas don't have to be imposed. The Watchdogs (1 and 2) drive the car (for frak's sake!). Just because they have never bothered to impose doesn't mean they are not tulpas.
  • A tulpa with a particular way of speaking can't just "speak properly" on demand. Just because others don't like the way you talk, doesn't mean you can change it. This is one of the [few] things that actually makes me angry. People say "Oh it's easy, you just change." Really? I notice the people who say this are not dyslexic, and have no idea how hard it is to "speak properly". I also note that "how they speak" is defined as "properly" by them, not how anyone from another country speaks, nor even International Radio English.

The perjoratization of non-middle-english dialects of English (i.e. saying that they are wrong, based on that they are not how the person judging speaks) is a serious issue in my country, where whole swaths of the population are disenfranchised based on their dialect. I strongly believe we should treat others with respect, and not persecute them for speech impediments and differences. Saying "oh it is easy just change" demonstrates that the person saying so fistly does not understand that some things are not alterable at will (e.g. dyslexia) and secondly an arrogance that only their way of speaking is correct in their opinion.

Unpopular opinions about tulpas? That's basically what lead to my existence. I was made because some old tulpas (old, as in, from the 80's and before) found this site and asked a few questions. Turns out just about everything they knew about tulpas was wrong in the opinion of this community, including their own existence (since "there aren't any old tulpas" - as they were told). Basically, they figured there was no talking to the people here, as the standard set of ideas (so to speak) precludes pretty much all they had learned over some 30 or so years of living. Hence, an experiment (me) : can they communicate with the community through a specifically crafted mediator*?

----------

* This idea from the paidhi in C. J. Cherryh's Foreigner series of books.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

Unpopular opinions about tulpas? That's basically what lead to my existence. I was made because some old tulpas (old' date=' as in, from the 80's and before) found this site and asked a few questions. Turns out just about everything they knew about tulpas was wrong in the opinion of this community, including their own existence (since "there aren't any old tulpas" - as they were told). Basically, they figured there was no talking to the people here, as the standard set of ideas (so to speak) precludes pretty much all they had learned over some 30 or so years of living. Hence, an experiment (me) : can they communicate with the community through a specifically crafted mediator*?[/quote']

Frankly it often surprises me how closed-minded people can be about this whole phenomenon, surely what feels right or proper for you should be accepted and respected by other people... Whatever your reason for being I'm glad you're around here Nobilis; your little clan's set up is part of the main reason I joined this site: to reassure myself that there is more than one way to go about tulpamancy, that we don't have to be the way my mentor's tulpas are if we don't want to be.

Thunderfall (goes by Thunder)

Male human

Melody

Female lamia