Unable to Force / Mind's Eye/Ajna Blocked

Wolfe

I've been having this issue for some time now, and I can't seem to figure out how to go about it. I've been with my tulpa, Ruby and Amethyst, since October 2012 when we first started. I was able to force then and able to progress with them. Things went smoothly with forcing up until around late 2013 when I was having trouble with forcing. Thoughts kept blocking me, I couldn't immerse myself into my subconscious or into the wonderland, I can't visualize Ruby and Amethyst in the sense that their appearance is either in a sort of glitchy way where some piece of them changes or that they seem to be blocked or blurred from me, even though I know where they are.

A few weeks ago, I had told a friend of mine about it, and he believes that my Mind's Eye, or the Ajna in Buddhist terms, is being blocked and I need to attune it to clear out whatever's blocking it. I've done some searching, but I haven't had much luck. Whatever came up were classes to enroll in Ajna attunement, but I don't think it's possible in that method.

I also know I've been going through some personal issues, some of which are motivation issues, self image issues, self care issues, and bouts of depression.

So my main question is how do I go about being able to force again? How can I unblock my Mind's Eye? Is there a method to follow or an audio file to listen to that will help? Is this blockage possibly related to any of my issues? Or could my issues be helped by unblocking my Mind's Eye/Ajna?

Wolfe

Personality: INFP

Began: 10/7/12

Ruby

Personality: ISTJ

Form: Human

On: Visualization/Imposition

Amethyst

Personality: ENFP

I've had the same problem as you in the past, maybe these tips may help:

*If you get an intrusive thought when trying to force, instead of simply trying to eliminate it, acknowledge it to your tulpa/e then shrug it off and continue with forcing.

*Don't focus to much on an intrusive thought or your mind may get scattered, which would close your mind's eye.

*Don't think too hard, this always seems to lead to a scattered mind.

*If nothing seems to work, just passive force as often as you can to keep your tulpae active

As for your tulpa/e having a somewhat "glitchy" form, just simply fix their form by forcing the "glitchy" details, back to the way they are supposed to look.

I've had the same problem as you in the past, maybe these tips may help:

*If you get an intrusive thought when trying to force, instead of simply trying to eliminate it, acknowledge it to your tulpa/e then shrug it off and continue with forcing.

*Don't focus to much on an intrusive thought or your mind may get scattered, which would close your mind's eye.

*Don't think too hard, this always seems to lead to a scattered mind.

*If nothing seems to work, just passive force as often as you can to keep your tulpae active

As for your tulpa/e having a somewhat "glitchy" form, just simply fix their form by forcing the "glitchy" details, back to the way they are supposed to look.

The intrusive thoughts, I understand about already. I just try to let them pass, but either more keeps coming or that I'm able to pass through. Regardless, I can't seem to enter. I try to relax myself and my thoughts when trying to go under. Calm and deep breaths, loosening up my body, and guiding myself by telling myself I'm going deeper and deeper into my subconscious, but it doesn't seem to work for whatever reason. And as for passive forcing, I've been doing that since I've started. It's nice to keep them alive, sure, but I'd want to progress them. We'd like to have them more advanced, more sentient I suppose, more out there in terms of visualization, imposition, and possibly possession. And I've tried to fix the glitchyness before. I've tried to focus on what they look like, but it doesn't seem to work, like I have no power in my own mental domain.

Wolfe

Ruby

Amethyst

I never questioned or made excuses that my mind's eye is blocked to mask that I was too incompetent to visualize last year. I just image streamed like crazy, made a twist on it to be used as narration and forcing in general, and I put in a large amount of time into doing so to make the breakthroughs.

People keep worrying about things not being perfect, and presume they're not going to get far because of it. If they stay stuck contemplating on their current incompetence without understanding they'll need to practice either way to get better, of course they'll feel like they're incapable of succeeding.

No amount of researching is going to magically compensate you having a higher urgency to destroy that inability. You're just trying to deny the fact that you're going to have to put in the work to develop your overall cognition to make things easier on you.

You have to get used to being receptive to things that don't seem perfect, and gradually building up to more complex and developed forms. But you can't expect the mind to just magically make connections if you don't do something that's mentally taxing to train your brain to connect better, and in theory, contribute to you visualizing better.

Also for personal issues, I've had many circumstances that would've prevented me from image streaming if I didn't know how to reflect on how I can handle things. I would devote a certain time frame, and I would pour every ounce of effort, and temporarily absolving myself from the worries of reality in order to develop and go through the motions of narrating and forcing more. If you let mental baggage add on to your excuse for not getting progress, it's really your disposition on this that's affecting you.

TL;DR: Your third eye/anja/mind's eye/whatever you want to call it is not being blocked. Your disposition in being too self-conscious, depressed, and worried too much on things not being perfect in forcing in general is adding on to you trying to deny you just need to find activities that will train your mind to connect things faster and efficiently.

You can't expect to research how to unblock your third eye to resolve your apparent struggle when it's really you blocking any attempt to just push through and accept that things aren't going to be perfect all the time.

A few weeks ago, I had told a friend of mine about it, and he believes that my Mind's Eye, or the Ajna in Buddhist terms, is being blocked and I need to attune it to clear out whatever's blocking it.

With all due respect to your friend's religious beliefs, I'm afraid I have to call bullshit on his advice unless he can clarify his terms in a much more concrete and practical manner. Not fair to talk smack about his beliefs without him being here, but he's giving you a metaphysical answer to a non-metaphysical problem.

You're stressed out and self-conscious. It's as simple as that. You herped a derp and now all you can think about is that failure and your inability to visualize. When you have it ingrained in your head that you can't visualize, every failure adds to that belief until you can't separate your sense of self from it.

As for a solution, I suggest just taking a deep breath, relaxing and going back to practicing as best you can. You may be stuck with the same skills as when you first started visualization, but over time you'll re-learn not to identify yourself with a failure to visualize. There are other ways to try and tackle the problem, but that's the way I suggest.

It's like playing a hard video game. You miss an impossible jump a few times, get a little annoyed and before you know it you're so frustrated you can't even pull off the easier jumps. The only thing you can do is take a break, try to relax and keep trying.

I never questioned or made excuses that my mind's eye is blocked to mask that I was too incompetent to visualize last year. I just image streamed like crazy, made a twist on it to be used as narration and forcing in general, and I put in a large amount of time into doing so to make the breakthroughs.

People keep worrying about things not being perfect, and presume they're not going to get far because of it. If they stay stuck contemplating on their current incompetence without understanding they'll need to practice either way to get better, of course they'll feel like they're incapable of succeeding.

No amount of researching is going to magically compensate you having a higher urgency to destroy that inability. You're just trying to deny the fact that you're going to have to put in the work to develop your overall cognition to make things easier on you.

You have to get used to being receptive to things that don't seem perfect, and gradually building up to more complex and developed forms. But you can't expect the mind to just magically make connections if you don't do something that's mentally taxing to train your brain to connect better, and in theory, contribute to you visualizing better.

Also for personal issues, I've had many circumstances that would've prevented me from image streaming if I didn't know how to reflect on how I can handle things. I would devote a certain time frame, and I would pour every ounce of effort, and temporarily absolving myself from the worries of reality in order to develop and go through the motions of narrating and forcing more. If you let mental baggage add on to your excuse for not getting progress, it's really your disposition on this that's affecting you.

TL;DR: Your third eye/anja/mind's eye/whatever you want to call it is not being blocked. Your disposition in being too self-conscious, depressed, and worried too much on things not being perfect in forcing in general is adding on to you trying to deny you just need to find activities that will train your mind to connect things faster and efficiently.

You can't expect to research how to unblock your third eye to resolve your apparent struggle when it's really you blocking any attempt to just push through and accept that things aren't going to be perfect all the time.

Can you go into detail regarding image streaming? I got a general gist of it after reading your post here: (http://community.tulpa.info/thread-dali-key-experiment?pid=84728&highlight=Image+Stream#pid84728 ) along with the link you have within your post. I feel like I might want to try that to get myself back into the swing of things.

Or if you think something else might be better for me, please, I'm very interested to know what might help, aside from forcing more regularly and accepting that everything isn't perfect.

And when you state about training my mind to connect things faster and efficiently, what sorts of activities have you done that have worked for you, or some types of activities, if Image Streaming isn't one of them.

With all due respect to your friend's religious beliefs, I'm afraid I have to call bullshit on his advice unless he can clarify his terms in a much more concrete and practical manner. Not fair to talk smack about his beliefs without him being here, but he's giving you a metaphysical answer to a non-metaphysical problem.

You're stressed out and self-conscious. It's as simple as that. You herped a derp and now all you can think about is that failure and your inability to visualize. When you have it ingrained in your head that you can't visualize, every failure adds to that belief until you can't separate your sense of self from it.

As for a solution, I suggest just taking a deep breath, relaxing and going back to practicing as best you can. You may be stuck with the same skills as when you first started visualization, but over time you'll re-learn not to identify yourself with a failure to visualize. There are other ways to try and tackle the problem, but that's the way I suggest.

It's like playing a hard video game. You miss an impossible jump a few times, get a little annoyed and before you know it you're so frustrated you can't even pull off the easier jumps. The only thing you can do is take a break, try to relax and keep trying.

I never really saw it like a hard video game and getting frustrated over parts like that. I suppose that's how I'm claiming it and feeling it. I have been a bit self conscious and self critical because of issues I'm currently dealing with, so I guess it plays into how I'm not getting anywhere.

I suppose you would recommend me just starting a regiment of forcing/practicing daily and getting back into it? And also, same question I asked Linkzelda, do you know of any activities that train your mind to work faster and more efficiently that my help me, that have worked for you, and just a general list of things that might work?

Wolfe

Ruby

Amethyst

I suppose you would recommend me just starting a regiment of forcing/practicing daily and getting back into it? And also, same question I asked Linkzelda, do you know of any activities that train your mind to work faster and more efficiently that my help me, that have worked for you, and just a general list of things that might work?

There's an old visualization exercise posted on here that you might want to try, but other than that the only real advice I can give is eat healthy and exercise regularly. If you start forcing regularly you'll start to make progress again.

Can you go into detail regarding image streaming?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Mg6MrxfLob_Ty4A1QIgRks-7GOUeVDq_moyf2zLhMCE/edit?pli=1

You can focus on sections 2.0 - 2.312 for what you can do. You can start out doing 15 minutes a day of this, or mix it up by doing intervals throughout the day (i.e. 15 minutes every other 3 hours or something like that). I usually did that, build myself up to 15 minute increments, or whatever I was comfortable with. The most I was able to do in one sitting, excluding a minor break, was 3 hours.

I did that for at least 30+ hours within a few months last year (including passive forcing), and since then, I could care less about activating my third eye chakra. It gets to the point where you can literally have a streaming of inspiration in your mind. It gets harder by the day not writing some of the things I try to imagine for other personal endeavors. The idea is to get yourself used to being loose as possible, and then slowly building up competence to restrict certain thoughts, and knowing when to be loose for specific desires and all that (i.e. wanting to get inspiration or ideas for a drawing for example).

Because the activities there in general involves you to get used to typing without trying to be perfect in it. It's (image streaming) basically describing in as much sensory detail possible of what's going on within closed eyed, or even open-eyed visualization.

No symbolism needed, just gradually building yourself up to exercise your mind. And I recommend that after trying it a few times, try to push for at least an hour a day. If you have time, you could even go to 90 minutes, but the reason for the gradual buildup is to make sure you can get used to typing information quickly of what's going on in your head. Because if you do that for 3 hours, you literally don't have any time to stop. It just becomes a virtual experiential reality where you, your tulpas, and whatever other transient thought-forms (e.g. npcs/proto-tulpas/whatever you want to call them) can go into an adventure.

Basically, instead of having to consciously set up the environment and all that, your mind is literally doing all the work for you. You just type and/or speak mentally or physically of what you're experiencing, and in theory, the more you get into describing sensory perceptions and details, the easier it may be for you to visualize more efficiently.

You can PM me for more details of course, and I'm still trying to edit the guide. Though I've seen some people used the method already in one or two PRs, and others in the IRC, through PMs, and such in the past.

Usually when my mind's eye gets a bit foggy, I just keep forcing myself to force, and it becomes clearer. It usually works, although I still don't have the best mind's eye.

Name: Raid

Sentience: Confirmed

Working on: Vocality

Personality Traits: Is awesome a personality trait?

Form: 1. Pegasus Pony, with a flat, pink mane, and pink tail, and yellow coat. Also, blue eyes.

2. A blue-haired human (only encountered in dream so far)

I had this issue. I had to take my mind away from the idea of forcing and approach the whole situation from a different angle. I noticed that while i was unable to visualize during forcing I was still able to have pretty vivid memories about certain things. I was able to remember the way a videogame level worked, or a scene from a movie, or a cartoon character. I'd try to manipulate the memories and just move on back into visualizing. In time I had control back and I was able to visualize again. It was just a matter of a certain mentality getting in the way. Once a certain amount of frustration built up it became so difficult to force that my expectation that it wouldn't work just caused my visualization to continue to fail, until I starting changing the way I thought. Sometimes something as simple as creating a new wonderland is enough of a switch up to get things working again.