Wonderland too "dreamy" or "unreal"?

Abvieon

I have been having a fairly consistent problem with visualizing my wonderland. It is a place modeled nearly exactly after an area I have been to many times in real life, so I do not fully understand why I have been having this problem. I have the majority of it mapped out in my head. However, there are some details which I have forgotten, which leads to a lack of clarity in some areas.

Now, let me get to the actual problem, which I am sure many tulpamancers, especially ones who are new like me, have experienced. Hopefully, I can explain it correctly, since it could easily be mistaken for something else.

When I am in my wonderland, I have to put a considerable amount of focus into my surroundings, or else things may not seem as real as they should be. In a way, it is like being in a dream, except it feels like I am in more control of myself. However, I want to be able to focus on my tulpa, Ark, more than my surroundings. I find it easier to focus on him if I place him in a black void, but I fear that if I were to leave him in a place like that, he may become bored, or have his development hindered. He is still extremely young, only about 3 days.

Another problem I have is falling through the ground, as if it is not solid. I did I small amount of practice today on making the ground more solid, by stamping my foot down on the wonderland's landscape. I have made little progress. I want walking to be a more realistic experience, as of now it often feels like I am floating or teleporting about.

Overall, being in my wonderland is an extremely "dreamy" experience, and it is not nearly as lucid as I would like it to be. I can touch anything in the wonderland and feel it quite realistically (This includes my tulpa) But it takes more conscious effort than it should.

From what I have read about other's wonderlands, they seem to be much more realistic, and the person in it has to make less of a conscious effort to have things happen. They don't really have to think about things that happen in their wonderland, and what they feel, hear and see, if kind of just happens.

Any help would be appreciated. This is not a full description of my problems, I have left a few minor things out for the sake of keeping my first post fairly short.

You don't have to worry about tulpa bordom from only 3 days old wait until the tulpa is a year plus, that's when wonderland things to occupy them really matter, just force your wonderland and your tulpa every now and then and it should be fine

Amelia- Oct. 7, 2012

Mitsuki- Oct. 31, 2014 

I think working on a few of the visualization guides would help you tremendously. Most of your problem is with visualization. I think a lot of these guides have a problem though with explaining that when I talk about the process, it's really getting to know that environment for yourself.

What you can do, is go to that place physically the next time you're in the vincinity. Walk around. Bring a notebook and record your experiences. What you hear, what you smell, what you taste, touch things and see what they feel like, are they cold, hot, rough, smooth etc. Feel the ground beneath your feet, feel the space around you, how high the ceilings are. Really ground that reality into your brain. Take a good long time, but enough to be inconspicuous.

Now, another thing while you're there, find a small spot where people won't notice you. No guide mentions this but this is something I do. I take a deep breath in and out, while all the sensations are still bright. (Because if you're doing this right, you'll suddenly feel REALLY present in your environment. It's not really that hard to do since you're noticing every detail about the space.) Since you're there, try to recreate the space in your mind, everything, all six senses (Sight, sound, touch, taste, space). What you're doing is creating something I call an "anchor point". It's kind of like a way to get back there (Back when I thought it was a literal physical location I was going to...)

Because I have a bad problem of destroying places. "Wonderlands" (I called it something else and still think this term sounds silly). And creating these anchor points is great for recentering yourself in that environment. So if you're finding the background fading away, just say excuse me a second when you can and stop, Breathe in and out, and use that 'anchor point' pull it toward you until you feel everything again. Over time, this will go away as your visualization gets stronger. Intrusive thoughts are still a problem though, and like to sneak in. You can still use your anchor point to ground yourself in that reality until they go away. It kind of adds to your ability to concentrate on something.

“Life was a wheel, its only job was to turn, and it always came back to where it started.” - Stephen King

“No great thing is created suddenly.” -Stephen King

Thanks; I missed that somehow.

Thread moved.

Also, in the future, the report function can be used to better get a mod's attention.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Honestly, I think that you shouldn't worry about the wonderland until at least 2 weeks in. Right now, a black void would be much better than an actual wonderland. This way, you can focus more on your tulpa, and completely ignore the wonderland.

I already have an elaborate wonderland, but that is because it exists within the fantasy world I had since i was 5. While I force, I don't worry much about physics, and I am often floating an inch or so off the ground, and I also teleport everywhere. This is OK.

As for vividness, wonderlands don't tend to be very vivid, or lucid for the hosts, from what I've read and experienced. Wonderlands they are just supposed to aid your interactions with your tulpa, so it will likely not seem too realistic.

If you want more advice, read the guide and force away.

{Hi I'm Sarah (Burnishe). I'm only 2 and a half weeks old. At my current stage, I don't do anything when Gabe isn't there. When I'm in Wonderland, I prefer to stick near Gabe, since if I go to far, I either teleport or black out. The things I see are basicaly the same as Gabe sees, and my sight is kinda blurry around the edges, though It is rather vivid in the middle. I think Wonderland is a daydream where we can both live in and play in, like a kid daydreams. Maybe it will be more real as we develop, but I think that talking to the tulpa is what matters, not Wonderland}

Chalin System

@Chalin#4599

Right now, a black void would be much better than an actual wonderland

Right here is where I have to say no. I developed my first tulpa (Ruu) in the Void, since I decided that the tulpa was more important than the wonderland. However, she outright refuses to go into the Void ever again. Remember, your tulpa has a consciousness developed on a human psyche. A great deal of humans have an inherent fear, or at least dislike, of enclosed, dark spaces. While the Void may not be enclosed, it certainly is dark. But perhaps more unsettling is the fact that it's empty, devoid of anything except the tulpa and the creator. I know for me, to know that such a thing existed in my own mind, was unsettling in the extreme. Could that have passed on to Ruu? That's a distinct possibility. However I can't help but feel that creating a wonderland before a tulpa is a better idea.

Name: Ruusaan

Form: Human

Working on: Imposition

Name: Lyra

Form: Satyr

Working on:

Name: Lily

Form: Human

Working on:

While I force, I don't worry much about physics, and I am often floating an inch or so off the ground, and I also teleport everywhere. This is OK.

Personally this bothers me a little bit. I feel like this is directly linked to me moving my tulpa about rather than having her move about.

I'm also used to having good spatial awareness, so no kinetic feedback from the ground throws me off, and it can quickly become me only using "raw" actions in the wonderland. This is like how a tulpa's raw thoughts tell you the general idea of what the tulpa is trying to get across, but it's not speaking.

"The way is in training."

- Miyamoto Musashi

she outright refuses to go into the Void ever again.

My point was that early on, the wonderland isn't as imortant, so if you are having troubles with it, put your tulpa in the void. But I agree that if your tulpa dislikes that, then don't do that.

Personally this bothers me a little bit. I feel like this is directly linked to me moving my tulpa about rather than having her move about.

I'm also used to having good spatial awareness, so no kinetic feedback from the ground throws me off, and it can quickly become me only using "raw" actions in the wonderland. This is like how a tulpa's raw thoughts tell you the general idea of what the tulpa is trying to get across, but it's not speaking.

If that throws you off, then don't do that, but it will take up slightly more of your focus to do so.

Keep in mind that most of my advice on wonderlands are taken from my own experience. I spent a large part of my childhood in my wonderland, even before I had a tulpa, so I do have some good experince regarding wonderlands. However, since my avice is based off of my own personal experience, allways take it with a grain of salt

Chalin System

@Chalin#4599