Is forcing still a chore for you?

Butterologist

I'm about a year into tulpaforcing with one of mein tubas, and the other aboot 6 months. They're fully sentient with a little tweeking to be done here and there but very much complete. I'm in the routine of forcing at certain times everyday to give them both enough attention. And I love forcing, just talking with them and regularly doing fun stuff and what have you, but I still find that it's not exactly something I can get excited about.

I remember one day on anti-anxiety meds, I felt as if I had a realization: I have two beings that I can go to anytime for help, to just talk with, to do just about anything with. I thought that was the most amazing thing in the world. But usually, I'm just going through the daily cycles and only forcing because I should. I'm usually my happiest with my tuppers, but I almost never get excited or feel like I want to force. I'll always know that I should force, but it'd be nice to get that extra drive to want to. Anyone else feel like they're doing something similar?

Its a habit I havent internalized yet.

Its a bitch. But very rewarding no matter my results.

A man's felicity consists not in the outward and visible blessing of fortune, but in the inward and unseen perfections and riches of the mind.

-Thomas Carlyle

Its not much of a chore yet, though Sarah complains I don't spend enough time forcing. I will gradually increase my time forcing so it doesn't become too tedious.

Chalin System

@Chalin#4599

The habit is certainty there, most of the associations have been made to connect my tulpa to my focus. There still are persistent motivational issues and I usually make sure I'm settled in various other aspects before I even think about sitting down and attempting to clear my hear before one though pops up as a reminder for something I need to cut forcing short on.

Progress report

"You'll have a Tulpa because you didn't give up" -Koomer

A lot of my forcing is passive, simply because my job has destroyed my sleep/wake cycle (I always force before bed, it's much easier). But the only thing I really find a "chore", per se, is stuff like possession, where it's actually difficult to do. But it's something I still enjoy.

Name: Ruusaan

Form: Human

Working on: Imposition

Name: Lyra

Form: Satyr

Working on:

Name: Lily

Form: Human

Working on:

At nearly two years in there are for sure times when I don't feel like it, but the times when I want to outnumber the times when I don't. At this point of imposition most forcing is done naturally, really just part of living together and spending time together. There might be a time when I need alone time or maybe am frustrated and don't want to talk, but it's not really like "ugh what a chore" any more than taking time away from what you are doing would be to hang out with a friend who needs you. Jaden gets bored when we do imposition maintenance, and yeah that's not the most exciting thing in the world.

I've never felt like forcing is a chore. Honestly it never even really felt like 'forcing' in any real sense of the word; most of my tulpas sort of came into existence on their own. Hell, a lot of them poke their heads into my business without me even directly calling on them; they even seem to enjoy trolling me sometimes. *rolls eyes*

Pinky is not a pony. She's an imp.

Sunray is an angel-imp. Ex is humanoid. Kael is a dragon. Magnum is a dog.

Guest Anonymous

I love forcing when I go to bed. It's not like I've got anything better to do then.

Also, commutes get a lot better if you've got something to do.

Unfortunately, yes. I just can't get past half- or at most one hour of forcing with Martina. I now began forcing before going to bed for Claivoryant. It makes me dizzy after half an hour, but I can sleep without interruption at the night, making it a pretty good solution to cut time... at least for me.

Tulpaforcing was never really a chore for me to begin with. Sometimes it is discouraging when I am unable to get into that kind of zone you need to be in to force, but I've never really seen it as a chore.

My guide on tulpa creation

Please consider making a private grant to tulpa.info to keep the community alive.