Kotaku article I found

glitchthe3rd

http://kotaku.com/imaginary-boyfriends-and-girlfriends-are-the-best-1527636496

It doesn't mention tulpas anywhere, but maybe this will be the impetus for them to write an article about the tulpa phenomenon and our site?

Also inb4 trolltaku

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

ku-xlarge.png

Would someone mind telling me who the hell is holding the umbrella?

"Don't listen to friends when the friend inside you says 'Do this.'" -Gandhi

Tulpa Name: Ellie

Created: 11/13/13

Some times I wonder if all the waifus of the world have their own, special internet where they talk about their husbandos.

Cute photo set, by the by.

The point of the article was that female Japanese now have such high expectations for their boyfriends that human males no longer "meet the grade". Given that "tarupa" (タルパ) is now established on more then a few sites in Japan, it's not surprising.

Also, the other day I was listening to a

and they were commenting on the tulpa.info site.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

The point of the article was that female Japanese now have such high expectations for their boyfriends that human males no longer "meet the grade". Given that "tarupa" (タルパ) is now established on more then a few sites in Japan, it's not surprising.

Well, damn. Key to a happy life is lowered expectations. If you expect nothing from anyone then youre always happy when someone does something and youre not a picky old women who has over 9000 cats. Dont be picky, dont be an old women hoarding cats like a concentration camp.

Well, damn. Key to a happy life is lowered expectations. If you expect nothing from anyone then youre always happy when someone does something and youre not a picky old women who has over 9000 cats. Dont be picky, dont be an old women hoarding cats like a concentration camp.

That's very easy to say, and a very difficult thing to actually pull off. Unfortunately in reality, things aren't that easy. Some of that high expectation probably comes from conditioning by their parents, who want them to find one of those rare and sought-after people who is extremely successful and has a promising future. From what I've learned, there's often a pretty big emphasis on that in many Asian cultures. It can be very hard, if not impossible, to break something like that when it's ingrained in someone by their parents.

Not really related to China, but when considering the Japanese wing of this phenomenon it probably involves the fact that Japanese men are increasingly disinterested in romantic relationships and sex (at least, with people who aren't from anime shows or dating sims). It's a huge thing, their population is declining because of it. With a declining amount of men actively interested in "3D girls", never mind ones that meet the girls' expectations, developing a romantic interest in a tulpa when nobody else can rise to their expectations makes sense. The same could be said for their male counterparts, who would only ever be happy with that special waifu of theirs, even if that situation sounds more pathetic.

Obviously it wouldn't justify making a tulpa specifically for that purpose, but if it happens and they're both happy with it, whose business is it and who really cares?

"You've got to believe to achieve." -Hank Hill

Guest MegaBusta

It's not so much that Japanese women have raised their standards so much as Japanese men have simply fallen bellow said standards. See Herbivore men.