a few questions - too many characters? ...

yenu

Hi!:)

I'm reading in this forum for a few weeks, and I've not yet encountered someone with a situation like mine (we're all different, of course!), therefore I thought I would explain a little bit about how I came to tulpamancing and ask a few questions.

I bolded the actual questions so you can skip a bit backstory, if you want.

I'm a conworlder since early childhood and have occasionally played/talked with some characters of these worlds. (Nothing unusual there, I guess) When I started lucid dreaming some years ago, one of my goals was to meet certain characters from my stories - or just dream characters I liked. I was mostly unsuccessful in meeting them in my dreams, but one day I started an experiment: I wanted to play a game with fifteen players just by myself, writing up what each player thinks and does. This was a lot of fun - though in retrospect, didn't have much to do with tulpas, and was for the most part just writing (parroting).

A year later, I got interested in meeting my characters again, and I started writing, in a similar style like my game, but without rules, just talking with my characters a chat-like. This turned into a big thing, as I started feeling closer to some of my characters, and actually got some helpful advice from them, or at least pretended to get helpful advice (since I was still parroting), but that didn't matter since it was just a very productive way of introspection.

I'm doing this for four years now - it still feels like a simulation most of the time, but there are moments when I seem to get actual responses from some of them. I also can hear a few mind-voices sometimes, though it's not consistent.

Since I found out about tulpas I am in awe of the things some of you achieve (imposition, possession) but I'm not yet sure if I even want that. There are some things I never thought about, before I came here, for example:

I assumed that my characters would answer everything in full sentences, from the beginning. When I didn't hear an answer, I would just make one up. Do you think that's wrong?

Another thing that worries me, is that I have too many characters to keep track of everyone. So, normally, I talk to one or two more in a week, and pretty much ignore most others. (I have about 7 characters I consider roughly tulpa-like. Well, okay, I consider them tulpas for now.:))

It's also difficult, because they are very different personalities - 2 of them don't like writing, so I communicate with one mostly by dancing and narrating, and the other one likes to use my actual voice.

In my experience, characters can be silent for months or even years, and then brought back by a dream, or just by writing. I have the impression that most people here prefer constant forcing, do you think I should concentrate on fewer characters, in order to be more consistent?

Do you know of practicable methods to do forcing (narration) with many tuppers at once? I get confused if I try to talk to three at the same time.

Also, from my 7 characters, there are almost always 2 or 3 who stay silent during any given conversation.

Is there some sort of guide to compare the different ways people come to tulpaforcing?

Like, the difference between writers (who often say that their protagonists get somehow alive), lucid-dreaming-based, and imposition-style tulpamancing. And more. Heck, there are probably many ways of tulpamancing yet to be found, it's exciting.;)

edit: changed puppeting->parroting. Whoops.

I assumed that my characters would answer everything in full sentences, from the beginning. When I didn't hear an answer, I would just make one up. Do you think that's wrong?- Making up answers for a tulpa is called paroting, and by the older tulpa creation guide's standards, this is the wrong way to go about doing things. However, these guides are outdated and many tulpamancers parot their tulpas occasionally to help them to speak. It was a very helpful method for Yuki and I, but I do NOT recommend paroting everyday. Narration is the key.

do you think I should concentrate on fewer characters, in order to be more consistent?- it is extremely difficult to make ONE tulpa, nevermind 7+ at once. However, many people have been able to pull off making two at once. I say you should focus on one or two at a time, and once you feel they are sentient, start working on one or two more. This is going to take a LOT of dedication but it seems obvious that you love these characters of yours so go for it!

Do you know of practicable methods to do forcing (narration) with many tuppers at once?- I don't think there are specific methods for forcing more than one at once. Two is probably the maximum if you want to see results, and it wouldn't be any different from narrating to just one. It'll be like talking to two friends who are listening. As long as you believe they both can hear/ understand you.

Is there some sort of guide to compare the different ways people come to tulpaforcing?- no, but I saw this discussion thread a while back: http://community.tulpa.info/thread-multiple-tulpa-how-do-you-manage-it

I hope I could shed some light on your concerns!

Name-Yuki

Sex-Female

Form1-Arctic wolf, big blue eyes

Form2-Long white hair, blue eyes, pale skin, white wolf ears/tail, light blue jacket

Personality-Compassionate, calm, sarcastic, playful, protective, introverted

Stage-Sentient, vocal, working on possession

Easy there, boy.

I can only confirm what Kenziek said. I will simply insist on one point :

Begin with ONE SINGLE TULPA.

Once you're satisfied, you'll have a much better idea of what making a tulpa is like and then, if you still want to, it'll be far easier to work on the other ones.

Thank you, that was quite a fast reply.:)

I say you should focus on one or two at a time, and once you feel they are sentient, start working on one or two more.

Huh, but how do I know they are sentient? I don't even really know what that would mean.

I think, all my main characters have acted (spoken) independent on at least one occasion. It's just not something I can do anytime. Those whom I met in dreams seem very much more real after that, for a few days.;)

I found out about parroting-positive tulpamancing style just a moment ago in another thread. I think this is more my way of doing it.:)