Establishing Rules For You Tulpa

Kendall

How can a dream misrepresent you when it's a window into your naked subconscious? [Genuine, not rhetorical, question.]

Dreams, and I'm sure that this doesn't just refer to me, can be odd and extremely misleading. Difficult to decipher, some of the stuff that can happen in dreams may mislead a Tulpa or horrify them. An example would be me shooting someone or performing a violent crime, which I actually dream of fairly often. Of course, I would never do this at first glance, but a Tulpa as young as the one in my headspace may not comprehend that fully, therefore causing an accidental mistrust. Thus, we decided together that she wouldn't view dreams as they happen.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only rule like things ive laid down are i asked her to not go into the subconscious part of my brain, who knows whats in there. And to cease and desist the development of a second tulpa as of now. Otherwise ive allowed her access to my memories.

<<< http://community.tulpa.info/thread-mjolnir >>>

Mjolnir

Birth/Creation: Febuary 4th 2013

Astora

Birth/Creation: April 4th 2014

Nueva

Birth/Creation: May 1st 2015

I only have three real rules for Aeterna. The first two are pretty closely related, too.

1. Never practice, or attempt, possession.

2. Never attempt anything near switching.

3. Never try to come between myself and God by undermining my faith or the like.

I don't think it's at all unreasonable to set those kinds of rules. The creator ought to have the right to set reasonable boundaries, based on what they're comfortable with, by merit of them coming first and being, well, corporeal. My rules primarily come from my religion, as well as my intense fear of losing control, even to a benevolent force. Aeterna has been fine with them, and I think we're better off for having them set down early on.

I have never made rules for my tulpas, I think. Well, okay, sometimes when we made a plan for doing something, we might have set some implicit rules, but none that couldn't be broken.

I pretty much told my main tulpas to do as they want with me. In some respect, they are as much (or more) "me" anyway. (In that case, "me" refers to the kind of person I appear to other people in everyday life)

Okay, I just remembered that we do have a rule one. It's, in one word, "love"; be kind to as many persons as possible. But that's a rule we all break from time to time, alas.;)

Dreams, and I'm sure that this doesn't just refer to me, can be odd and extremely misleading. Difficult to decipher, some of the stuff that can happen in dreams may mislead a Tulpa or horrify them. An example would be me shooting someone or performing a violent crime, which I actually dream of fairly often. Of course, I would never do this at first glance, but a Tulpa as young as the one in my headspace may not comprehend that fully, therefore causing an accidental mistrust. Thus, we decided together that she wouldn't view dreams as they happen.

I sort of get it, but I sort of don't. Hiding a part of yourself (and if you do things like that in your dreams, it is a part of you, however minor) from your tulpa seems like it would breed distrust, if anything. My tulpa's seen both the best and the absolute worst in me, since I'm honest with her about who I am, and she's never been terrified or held any ill will towards me because of it. Tulpas usually aren't as judgmental as you might think.

"You've got to believe to achieve." -Hank Hill

I sort of get it, but I sort of don't. Hiding a part of yourself (and if you do things like that in your dreams, it is a part of you, however minor) from your tulpa seems like it would breed distrust, if anything. My tulpa's seen both the best and the absolute worst in me, since I'm honest with her about who I am, and she's never been terrified or held any ill will towards me because of it. Tulpas usually aren't as judgmental as you might think.

The things I do in my dreams are symbolic, and as said before, the symbolism comes in a form that could be frightful to a Tulpa as young as mine. Though Shira has seen all of my memories, we decided together that she wouldn't be checking out my dreams quite yet. Due to her youth, she is not fully independent and communication is pretty difficult to do both ways, therefore, it is far more difficult for me to explain why I had dreams about that sort of stuff. I'd rather wait for her to age and grow a bit before we discuss my dreams. Despite how I may have come off, I really don't hide much from my Tulpa, dreams being the only thing in my mind she doesn't touch. I have little worry of her judging me, but I don't want any unnecessary confusion or fear until later on in the process of her creation.

• 2 weeks later...

My tulpa's not a dog, she doesn't do things I don't want her to. This question is very silly.

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012

Never really mentioned rules until the need came along, mostly don't possess without explicit permission and you better listen up.